Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to be shopping Bryn, Mills and probably DeRozan/LMA too. If they can get positive value for Mills and/or Bryn they should.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to be shopping Bryn, Mills and probably DeRozan/LMA too. If they can get positive value for Mills and/or Bryn they should.
    Bryn doesnt make enough scratch to be a asset in any deal and mills isnt going anywhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn doesnt make enough scratch to be a asset in any deal and mills isnt going anywhere
    You can combine Bryn with a friendly contract (Carroll/Beli) and net something positive one would hope. Mills is playing really well, is a solid leader and a good shooter so he should have value to certain teams. There will never be a moment where Mills value is higher than it is right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can combine Bryn with a friendly contract (Carroll/Beli) and net something positive one would hope. Mills is playing really well, is a solid leader and a good shooter so he should have value to certain teams. There will never be a moment where Mills value is higher than it is right now.

No i agree with you.mills is actually playing decent enough if youre a mills fan .which is why i feel the spurs wont move the wombat closer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forbes face is so depressing there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look even closer^^^ and mills is just above him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greak Freak is just amazing - even with modern flaws he’s still the most impactful player. Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forbes face is so depressing there
    wOW,
    I missed this post since it was buried behind other threads. Forbes the worst defensive player in the league. His offense (he has a sweet looking shot that is it), does not make up for how awful he is everywhere else. OMG. Pop playing this guy like he's the team's 3rd best player is a problem.

Starting to think of him as an empty stats player. Getting a lot of minutes and shots, boosting points in a bad team.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 11-21-2019 at 10:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wOW,
    I missed this post since it was buried behind other threads. Forbes the worst defensive player in the league.
    Yeah, great find by vavvi.

The math behind TPA is a little iffy but here are the worst defenders in the league ...

@ Pop acting surprised to give up 138 to the Wizards. He's lucky it wasn't more, tbh.

P.S.

Man, dude, DPG21920, your dream team of Mills, Forbes and Kennard really would give up 200 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The math behind TPA is a little iffy but here are the worst defenders in the league ...

@ Pop acting surprised to give up 138 to the Wizards. He's lucky it wasn't more, tbh.

P.S.

Man, dude, DPG21920, your dream team of Mills, Forbes and Kennard really would give up 200 points.
    Even worse than I.Thomas and I didn't think that was possible. Probably attributable to all the tough defensive assignments Forbes is given. Definitely within a role, I think Forbes could help some team. But played like he's the 3rd best player in a team is going to expose him.

I could not avoid noticing that the Spurs have Forbes, Mills, Belli, and Demar all in that list. WOW.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wonder how much his defensive assignments contribute to this.
    I mean he's the primary defender of Beal, SGA etc by design. It's not only that the offenses seek to attack him, it's also that he is often specifically asked to defend the most talented offensive players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even worse than I.Thomas and I didn't think that was possible. Probably attributable to all the tough defensive assignments Forbes is given. Definitely within a role, I think Forbes could help some team. But played like he's the 3rd best player in a team is going to expose him.

I could not avoid noticing that the Spurs have Forbes, Mills, Belli, and Demar all in that list. WOW.
    Trae Young is considerably, considerably better. And he's basically a midget with big minutes and no interest in defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how much his defensive assignments contribute to this.
    I mean he's the primary defender of Beal, SGA etc by design. It's not only that the offenses seek to attack him, it's also that he is often specifically asked to defend the most talented offensive players.
    It has to be a factor, bc he competes and makes an effort... he's overmatched all the time. In a proper role I think he could help some team. The way Pop plays him, nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you wouldn't have to look at this list, just watch the games to know that the Spurs have the worst defenders in the league on their roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you wouldn't have to look at this list, just watch the games to know that the Spurs have the worst defenders in the league on their roster.
    I have seen it in games but I don’t watch every game and certainly not all teams, so seeing a graphic that shows them in relation to everyone else is still eye opening to me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There are 32 players on this list...we have 4 of them...and 3 of them are starters...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are 32 players on this list...we have 4 of them...and 3 of them are starters...
    Yeah I noticed that too; Jesus Christ no wonder we suck.

But Pop preaches defense I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone posted this on reddit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray the only + player on defense. D'Antoni would be proud. Why aren't we? Oh yeah, it must have to do with win/loss. Hm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone posted this on reddit

So Murray is as valuable on offense as white... Yet is the most valuable defender on the team... Yet ppl say white is significantly better... I'm glad this confirms what my eyes have been telling me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can anybody blame Forbes(not saying timvp is doing that) when everybody already knew his limitations? He was coming off a solid season, looked better than Patty in last year's key games, but he should never be starting for an NBA team. There's no reason he can't be a good 7th/8th man playing short minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we needed a chart to realize demar,belli,forbes and mills play little to no defense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is true about Mills, as he is having a good season off the bench and getting us back in games. I'm sure Bryn is being kept because of his youth, but that could help "net something positive" which is what we are all hoping. The Morris backstabbing and Bertans loss look worse and worse with every loss, but we have to do something about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most important takeaway from this chart is that the talent on this team is non existent and that the two biggest contracts are a disaster. Pop(i think we are seeing his last season as a coach) is gonna have to make a desicion sooner rather than later and blow this thing up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just don’t make the same mistake with Forbes that you made with Mills/Pau. Just don’t. I’m happy for Forbes, I want him to set up his family for life, but don’t do it Spurs.

You saw the negative impact from giving Mills that deal. His “leadership” hasn’t kept the team from losing and Pop himself calling out a lack of leadership.

You saw the issue with Pau contract. You can’t give out loyalty contracts to player that just don’t matter. Especially when you don’t already have a built in championship team where the continuity *might pay off.

Thread Information