Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just don’t make the same mistake with Forbes that you made with Mills/Pau. Just don’t. I’m happy for Forbes, I want him to set up his family for life, but don’t do it Spurs.

You saw the negative impact from giving Mills that deal. His “leadership” hasn’t kept the team from losing and Pop himself calling out a lack of leadership.

You saw the issue with Pau contract. You can’t give out loyalty contracts to player that just don’t matter. Especially when you don’t already have a built in championship team where the continuity *might pay off.

If pop is still here forbes will return.bryn is pops new love and we all know bryn wont be removed from the strating lineup as long as derozan stays at sf.lets just all hope he doesnt get 12.5 per,maybe 7-8?im sure he can feed his kids with that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just don’t make the same mistake with Forbes that you made with Mills/Pau. Just don’t. I’m happy for Forbes, I want him to set up his family for life, but don’t do it Spurs.

You saw the negative impact from giving Mills that deal. His “leadership” hasn’t kept the team from losing and Pop himself calling out a lack of leadership.

You saw the issue with Pau contract. You can’t give out loyalty contracts to player that just don’t matter. Especially when you don’t already have a built in championship team where the continuity *might pay off.
    Can't argue here and I too am happy for Forbes to have obtain the almost unobtainable, an NBA contract. He has value, but it's not as a starting 2 who has to defend the best in the NBA for most of a game.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm telling you - Walt Lemon is capable of giving them enough minutes at the point to allow White and Murray to play together. And he can be had on a min contract.

He's a good distributor that could keep things moving well enough to give White/DJ minutes together, and not wear out Murray right now.

Walt Lemon had 28 points and 8 AST tonight, and was 3-3 from 3P. Instant improvement for this team, available for a min contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walt Lemon had 28 points and 8 AST tonight, and was 3-3 from 3P. Instant improvement for this team, available for a min contract.
    Trouble is, in getting Walt to make Lemonade, we gotta get rid of the sourness of Forbes and Beli. How we gonna do that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trouble is, in getting Walt to make Lemonade, we gotta get rid of the sourness of Forbes and Beli. How we gonna do that?

That's just a bonus. Beli fits in this one... I checked the dimensions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went back to see who started at SG since Duncan's rookie year to see where Forbes ranks and it isn't a pretty picture. Here's the full list with every player having at least a 20 game total of starts in a season:

1) Vinny Del Negro 1998
    2) Jaren Jackson 1998
    3) Mario Elie 1999-2000
    4) Derek Anderson 2001
    5) Steve Smith 2002
    6) Stephen Jackson 2003
    7) Hedo Turkoglu 2004
    8) Manu Ginobili 2004-2008, 2010-2011
    9) Michael Finley 2006-2009
    10) Brent Barry 2007
    11) Keith Bogans 2010
    12) Danny Green 2012-2018
    13) Bryn Forbes 2019-2020

Not surprisingly only Bogans (50 starts) comes close to matching Forbes' mediocrity and the Spurs had their worst season in 2010 because of it.

The moral of the story is that they should have tried to keep Green in 2018. He's still producing more than Forbes and can defend several levels higher.

To note - Forbes started 81 games in 2019 and is 20/20 for the 2020 season so far. We need Walker to step up and take this position over. Cannot have a 6'3 SG start.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went back to see who started at SG since Duncan's rookie year to see where Forbes ranks and it isn't a pretty picture. Here's the full list with every player having at least a 20 game total of starts in a season:

1) Vinny Del Negro 1998
    2) Jaren Jackson 1998
    3) Mario Elie 1999-2000
    4) Derek Anderson 2001
    5) Steve Smith 2002
    6) Stephen Jackson 2003
    7) Hedo Turkoglu 2004
    10) Brent Barry 2007
    11) Keith Bogans 2010

Not surprisingly only Bogans (50 starts) comes close to matching Forbes' mediocrity and the Spurs had their worst season in 2010 because of it.

The moral of the story is that they should have tried to keep Green in 2018. He's still producing more than Forbes and can defend several levels higher.

To note - Forbes started 81 games in 2019 and is 20/20 for the 2020 season so far. We need Walker to step up and take this position over. Cannot have a 6'3 SG start.
    It's pretty obvious Bryn is the coach and Gms pet. Green wasn't. Look at the way pop keeps talking up that next contract for Bryn. I mean who the does that when you have salary cap limits and trying to avoid paying luxury tax. Pop is basically happy to shoot himself in the foot here. Seems odd to me since he president that signs of on the contracts.

Bryn is the exception. Loninie on the other hand. Go and learn to be compe ive. We already got you cheap Haha

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't lie. Despite Danny green having moments where he completely disappears off the stat sheets. I miss his defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn, god bless his soul, is bench filler talent at best. Gary Neal/Money Mason/Fathead style. I get that Pop wants to do charity, but there's an NBA Cares program already, tbh...

You could trot talent like this when you had Duncan, Manu or Kawhi to make smart defensive decision to cover all the ups, but not with this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately he ends up generating a lot of fan hate when people should be hating coach Pop for having him in such a prominent, secured role. What? No one is a threat to take minutes from him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty obvious Bryn is the coach and Gms pet.

"When we found him, he was nothing. Just look at him now. And he's such a polite boy."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Basically...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey! He and patty combined for 9 points and 3 assists

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was an amazingly bad series of plays by Forbes.

1) Bluffs a double-team, loses his man, gives up a layup. Rudy Gay mad at him.

2) Shoots a contested three-pointer with 15 seconds on the shot clock.

3) His man picks off DeRozan in transition. Forbes should have either switched or at least helped enough to allow DeRozan to recover. He did neither. DeRozan forced to foul. DeRozan with the not-so-subtle expletives in Forbes' general direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody on Youtube says that Orlando should NOT trade for Dumbmar because they need a 3-point threat. I say send 'em Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is really no need to have Forbes and Patty one is enough. We need so
    e grit players and rebounding is an issue. Defense, shooting, length and rebounding needs to be addressed but mentality is huge. Where are the dogs? I miss Mario Elie and I consider him a Rockets guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is really no need to have Forbes and Patty one is enough. We need so
    e grit players and rebounding is an issue. Defense, shooting, length and rebounding needs to be addressed but mentality is huge. Where are the dogs? I miss Mario Elie and I consider him a Rockets guy.

Yup,their defense and combined 1-8 from three is just a double dose of poision

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is a starter because we never got a good sf, so DeRozan was moved from his natural position into the SF. If white and Murray had been healthy last year byrnn wouldn't have been a starter. If the spurs had a great SF this year, or a better guard (Murray and White still suck) he wouldn't start. But apparently the Spurs have a bunch of mediocre talent and positional mismatches, but sure it's all Forbes fault!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1) Vinny Del Negro 1998
    2) Jaren Jackson 1998
    3) Mario Elie 1999-2000
    4) Derek Anderson 2001
    5) Steve Smith 2002
    6) Stephen Jackson 2003
    7) Hedo Turkoglu 2004
    10) Brent Barry 2007
    11) Keith Bogans 2010

Green is obviously the better player, but the Lakers are paying him $14,634,147. The Spurs are paying Bryn $2,875,000. You get what you pay for, for sure, but I'm guessing Plan A was not to have Bryn be the starter. He's there because he is the "best" 3 point shooter on the roster. But it's a no win because you either start Forbes or Patty to get the 3 point spacing. Can any other guards on the roster make teams pay consistently if they are left wide open?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a 3 point shooter Forbes doesn't really seem to understand spacing...he doesn't really find cracks in the defense or really know how to use his shooting to put defenders in bad spots to create room for other players...

Contrasted with say Bertans who no matter what defense you run he is going to find a way to get an open look at a 3...because he actually understands spacing and how to move around the court and where his shots are going to be coming from...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was an amazingly bad series of plays by Forbes.

1) Bluffs a double-team, loses his man, gives up a layup. Rudy Gay mad at him.

2) Shoots a contested three-pointer with 15 seconds on the shot clock.

3) His man picks off DeRozan in transition. Forbes should have either switched or at least helped enough to allow DeRozan to recover. He did neither. DeRozan forced to foul. DeRozan with the not-so-subtle expletives in Forbes' general direction.

If that was Lonnie Walker I can't even imagine what Pop would tell the reporters about him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are tanking which we are(i hope) then the Forbes experiment is a complete success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is a starter because we never got a good sf, so DeRozan was moved from his natural position into the SF. If white and Murray had been healthy last year byrnn wouldn't have been a starter. If the spurs had a great SF this year, or a better guard (Murray and White still suck) he wouldn't start. But apparently the Spurs have a bunch of mediocre talent and positional mismatches, but sure it's all Forbes fault!
    K you got that right on the button.
    That is the problem-the little talent we have does not mesh.
    If you keep DDR he should be the 2. But we have no 3.
    That is where the Carroll signing is so bad cause that spot could be a budget 3.
    Both PGs spitting the bit along with aging LMA and Rudy plus nothing great from PFs and Jakob is caught up in all this and good grief Beli and the one talent is plastered to the bench and when Patty is playing the best of anyone and all you got for a talented ball handler is DDR..:what a mess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K you got that right on the button.
    That is the problem-the little talent we have does not mesh.
    If you keep DDR he should be the 2. But we have no 3.
    That is where the Carroll signing is so bad cause that spot could be a budget 3.
    Both PGs spitting the bit along with aging LMA and Rudy plus nothing great from PFs and Jakob is caught up in all this and good grief Beli and the one talent is plastered to the bench and when Patty is playing the best of anyone and all you got for a talented ball handler is DDR..:what a mess.

Yea when pattys mills 11/2 is the lone bright spot you know youre fcked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    forbes is on a good contract, he's only making 3 mil per. if he just came off the bench and played the gary neal role, i'd love his presence on the team.

but pop is dead set on making this guy a full time starter playing 27 minutes per game. he's not even shooting well this year either.

Thread Information