Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also agreed. Going back to DeRozan's lack of being a three point threat, it is exacerbated by games like tonight when you need a three but can't go to him when you need that 3 point bucket to at least take the game to OT. Never mind that he's dropped 36, you just can't go to him down 3-5 points because the three point shot terrifies him. Imagine that. The hottest guy on the floor but you can't rely on him. Instead, we have to rely on role players in Mills and Forbes to take those shots who aren't good enough to make big game shots like that. To make matters worse, they need to stay on the floor and "defend" on the other end. It's a domino effect of mediocrity that exposes a poorly constructed team. It's still mostly Leonard's fault but PATFO aren't doing themselves any favors right now.
    It’s really frustrating. Even though he’s not a excellent 3 point shooter, I think can shot well enough to take a few a game. I think he’s refusing out of principle rather due to inability

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s really frustrating. Even though he’s not a excellent 3 point shooter, I think can shot well enough to take a few a game. I think he’s refusing out of principle rather due to inability
    It's really mind-boggling how he refuses to take threes. It shows a lack of courage in a certain aspect of his game that you know all opposing coaches and teams have picked up on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's a lack of courage. I have a feeling it's a act of defiance as he wants to show he can win without the 3. There's no reason he can't shoot a few and make them at a better rate than Marco or some other scrubs spurs have

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    demar's 3PAs is inexcusable. it's almost like a coach should talk to him about that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Team. Is. Trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A worse version of it nearly won 50 games last year. It's not the team but the incompetent senile coaching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's a lack of courage. I have a feeling it's a act of defiance as he wants to show he can win without the 3. There's no reason he can't shoot a few and make them at a better rate than Marco or some other scrubs spurs have
    Pop said in the offseason Demar needs to work on his three so what did this career loser do. Go watch tape of Andre Miller and work off the post. Haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a point in the game I was asking myself "Are the Spurs really that bad that the Mavs can throw Kenny Smith out there????"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't even bother to watch. We all knew it will be more of the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seeing Mills and Forbes on Luka in the last minutes of the game was priceless ...

but really, our two young guards need to get their heads out of their asses ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be nice if we actually start a game well. It feels like 5 games in a row we were down 15+ early. At some point you have to change the starting lineup. Also Carroll showed he can start and defend. He still looks lost but I have to assume it would do better than our current starts. And at some point you have to not play Beli.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jokes and ironies only work when you're winning, in which case it's pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DD scoring 36 on 14/20 and still losing is uh well..

Concerning..

I know he is not the same all around player, but how many games did TD score over 30 at that percentage and we lost?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't matter how much ST agrees or disagrees with each other. Pop disagrees with all of us. Pop likes his current lineup and gonna stick with it.

Carroll can't even get in during garbage time. He is nowhere near splitting time with Gay.
    Like nobody on this site with a functional brain knows this already..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White's swagger was jacked by Pop.

Spurs don't make the playoffs without White stepping up. And it took him awhile to get going, something like 25 games or so of unremarkable decent play before the switch flipped.

Has incredible playoff games before some struggles then gets benched for a horrible shooting Mills the last what, 18 minutes of a game 7?

Comes into this season. Loses his starting job to Murray sight unseen. Not even given the chance to compete for the other starting backcourt spot. Has his minutes artificially limited to whatever minutes Murray's on the bench.

If the goal was to ruin White, this was a good plan to do it.
    Agreed. White would be better off playing elsewhere.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great job doing it to a guy with 5 fouls.

All I wanna know is how are Murray and White such good defenders when they are getting raped so bad.

Also loved the Mills on Luka stuff. If Doncic wanted to go for 60 he'd demand the ball in the post and the midget everytime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mavs outscored the Spurs 51-24 from three, and that's the game. Rick Carlisle doesn't care one bit that DeRozan was 14-20 from the field, as long as he refuses to shoot threes and continues to clog the offense and take shots away from three point shooters who are only in the game because of their shooting, and who are being assigned to defend a 6'7" Luka Doncic... these are defenders who are mediocre against PGs and SGs-- against a super versatile 6'7" SF, they have no chance at all. Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but this is the problem with DeRozan, and why his advanced stats over ten years show him to be an average player. Even in a game where he earns an A+ grade from a very knowledgable critic and he does everything he wants to do, his style of play is still one of the major factors in a loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs / Pop are just running into the new NBA every night. The antiquated system cannot keep up with the new style.

The Spurs look like the slower team on the court every...single...night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mavs outscored the Spurs 51-24 from three, and that's the game. Rick Carlisle doesn't care one bit that DeRozan was 14-20 from the field, as long as he refuses to shoot threes and continues to clog the offense and take shots away from three point shooters who are only in the game because of their shooting, and who are being assigned to defend a 6'7" Luka Doncic... these are defenders who are mediocre against PGs and SGs-- against a super versatile 6'7" SF, they have no chance at all. Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but this is the problem with DeRozan, and why his advanced stats over ten years show him to be an average player. Even in a game where he earns an A+ grade from a very knowledgable critic and he does everything he wants to do, his style of play is still one of the major factors in a loss.
    Good stuff. This belongs in the Get Derozan Off This Team thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like nobody on this site with a functional brain knows this already..
    I wasn’t really trying to single you out. Just seems ironic to me that of all the differences of opinion here on ST, Craterface the Stubborn manages to disagree with all of us. We all agree SOMETHING must change - all except Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Exactly. Well said. Every one of our opponents shoots a high volume and percentage on the 3-ball. Let the silly Spurs make a bunch of 2s - so what?

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Demarre Carroll for actual minutes felt like a victory.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing Demarre Carroll for actual minutes felt like a victory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information