Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If it's so basic, why isn't everyone doing it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's so basic, why isn't everyone doing it?
    Because they prefer to chuck 3s tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But Luka is chucking and making 3s better than most, and still dishing out assists left and right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Luka is chucking and making 3s better than most, and still dishing out assists left and right.
    He is not really chucking per se

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    He is not really chucking per se
    oh he definitely will chuck some threes

if he cut out a few of the completely unnecessary threes he takes each night, hed probably be shooting around 37-41% on threes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

if he cut out a few of the completely unnecessary threes he takes each night, hed probably be shooting around 37-41% on threes
    Maybe, but the Mavs don't have a real #2 or 3 option on the team, I don't blame Luka for going Kobe sometimes.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Maybe, but the Mavs don't have a real #2 or 3 option on the team, I don't blame Luka for going Kobe sometimes.
    oh i dont blame him either, i think for the situation hes in, hes better off either shooting some heatcheck shots, or trying to shoot himself into a rhythm

im just saying that for the sake of efficiency, he certainly could improve his numbers if he took a few less unnecessary threes each night. but for this team, they are better off with him taking them

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

all of his 3's come from his creation. If he was a spot up shooter he would have a high %, but this way pretty much all of his 3's are from step backs. He also shoots last second shots from the other side of the court cause he's not a pussy like most of the players that dont wanna take that shot cause of their %.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban would be better than McHale in the 80s tbh.
    Better than McHale or just better than now?

Banned
    My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    Sure you are better comparing first two seasons... But Luka got the better handle and more athleticism and similar if lesser vision...
    Ya'll forget that I was an athlete early in my career. , just go look at my college tapes. That pudge ain't more athletic than I was. And he wouldn't be dribbling all around like a fairy in my day where we hit people. Stop drinkin' the kool aid, ya'll.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If Luka got to play against those plumbers and accountants that Bird was playing against, he'd be considered the GOAT.

Banned
    My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    If Luka got to play against those plumbers and accountants that Bird was playing against, he'd be considered the GOAT.
    You're a Gen X snowflake that doesn't know what the you're talking about.

Go back and watch the 81 ECF Gm 7. That game was more physical than your NFL games are today, son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is playing against Instagrammers that need load management

That’s even worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta be a top level hater to analyze every assist a guy has just to criticize them.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is playing against Instagrammers that need load management

That’s even worse
    Undersized at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undersized at that.
    that too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic > Bird if he wins 1 ring (only 1). Doncic >>> Bird if wins multiple. Just a better player on paper, better stats likely by the end of his career, better to start, etc etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lol current NBA has its, issues but Luka is absolutely better than Bird at the same age since Bird was in college playing against nobodies at Indiana State after not cutting it with the Hoosiers, as great as Bird was no one ever mantions this in the Magic vs Bird debates... Not only did magic beat him in college in the championship... but Bird had to transfer out of the same Big 10 Magic dominated... Magic was better than bird at every level save for his first few nba seasons.
    Back to Luka vs Bird... outside of three ball and FT shooting Luka does almost everything equally well and in many cases better than Bird... Bird has better vision but Luka can make passes and drives due to his vastly superior handle Larry couldn't... He is also a better natural athlete...
    Luka us like a mix of both magic and Bird tbh with a better handle...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol current NBA has its, issues but Luka is absolutely better than Bird at the same age since Bird was in college playing against nobodies at Indiana State after not cutting it with the Hoosiers, as great as Bird was no one ever mantions this in the Magic vs Bird debates... Not only did magic beat him in college in the championship... but Bird had to transfer out of the same Big 10 Magic dominated... Magic was better than bird at every level save for his first few nba seasons.
    Back to Luka vs Bird... outside of three ball and FT shooting Luka does almost everything equally well and in many cases better than Bird... Bird has better vision but Luka can make passes and drives due to his vastly superior handle Larry couldn't... He is also a better natural athlete...
    “Magic beat Bird”

Didn’t know it was one on one, thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess when you can't argue, you just make things up.

Bird didn't "not cut it with the Hoosiers" or "had to transfer out of the same Big 10 Magic dominated", he didn't like the big campus life and moved on to a no name college with no one around (I think Carl Nicks was the only NBA player other than Bird, and Nicks played 3 uneventful seasons in the NBA), just so that he could play the way he wanted to play. With that, he destroyed the NCAA with an undefeated season until he had to face off with a loaded Michigan State Steam (with Greg Kelser and Jay Vincent on top of Magic. Not physically on top of though).

Bird won 3 straight MVPs, something Magic never did. Bird was a better shooter, leader, rebounder and scorer than Magic. You can argue Bird is an equal or even better passer than Magic. Magic only "became better" after Bird's back gave out.

As for Luka, you are playing with semantics comparing a Doncic who has played professionally for many years to Bird who was still in college at the same age.

I think Luka is an unbelievable talent, but there are holes in his game (defense being the most glaring).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bird didn't "not cut it with the Hoosiers" or "had to transfer out of the same Big 10 Magic dominated", he didn't like the big campus life and moved on to a no name college with no one around (I think Carl Nicks was the only NBA player other than Bird, and Nicks played 3 uneventful seasons in the NBA), just so that he could play the way he wanted to play. With that, he destroyed the NCAA with an undefeated season until he had to face off with a loaded Michigan State Steam (with Greg Kelser and Jay Vincent on top of Magic. Not physically on top of though).

Bird won 3 straight MVPs, something Magic never did. Bird was a better shooter, leader, rebounder and scorer than Magic. You can argue Bird is an equal or even better passer than Magic. Magic only "became better" after Bird's back gave out.

As for Luka, you are playing with semantics comparing a Doncic who has played professionally for many years to Bird who was still in college at the same age.

I think Luka is an unbelievable talent, but there are holes in his game (defense being the most glaring).
    Bird was clearly a better than Magic

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

As for Luka, you are playing with semantics comparing a Doncic who has played professionally for many years to Bird who was still in college at the same age. No he was not a better leader magic is considered one of the beast team leaders ever and again won at every level so despite having good teammates he was re common denominator winning a state, ncaa and nba le in a 4 year span... I'll concede shooting obviously but magus was as close or closer as a rebounder especially in big games... Than Bird was to magic as a passer but whatever

You can make whatever excuses you want... For the losses.... Magic didn't just beat him with a superior team but Beat him head to head when both had HOF teammates as well, minus 1984. No one will argue he was a better passer than magic unless you are, trying to prop up Bird... Bird was the best passing forward ever pre LeBron... But neither are good at Magic was at passing, just stop.

Leadership is very subjective and the homesick sounds much better than I hated Bob Knight and struggled in the Big 10...
    Magic won HS state, ncaa and nba le in less than 5 years that is leadership. Bird has no nba finals performance that even sniffs magic's game 6 vs Philly despite his three straight MVps.

Yall just mad that LeBron is now the Goat SF and Luka now the new great white hype... Doesn't mean Bird ain't still great Luka has a long way to catch his legacy and Bron surpassed him a few years ago.. happens... Magic passed him too get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is not only the most skilled white dude ever..Hes flat out one of the 10 best pick and roll players i have ever seen n the NBA ever.

Also hes better than bird.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Doncic > Bird if he wins 1 ring (only 1). Doncic >>> Bird if wins multiple. Just a better player on paper, better stats likely by the end of his career, better to start, etc etc.
    Luka will require some clutch Playoff moments like Bird otherwise he's just another Lebron

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird won 3 straight MVPs, something Magic never did.
    As has been noted on here before, it was basically five straight MVP seasons. They took the fourth to give Magic an accolade and the fifth to give Jordan an accolade.

You have ST racists like Apple Bottom coming on here saying Doncic is better when he doesn't even compare at this point.

Thread Information