Post Count
    You don't have a decent answer, do you?
    if you haven't watched, then you wouldn't know jack

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you haven't watched, then you wouldn't know jack
    What's the difference between this season and last season. If you can't say, then you don't have a point.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    What's the difference between this season and last season. If you can't say, then you don't have a point.
    yes there absolutely is a difference in luka between this year and last, anyone who watches him regularly can see it

but you wouldn't know, since you haven't watched, right?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes there absolutely is a difference in luka between this year and last, anyone who watches him regularly can see it

but you wouldn't know, since you haven't watched, right?
    Tell us the difference, or you don't have a point.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Tell us the difference, or you don't have a point.
    the point is clear

a) either you have seen him to knowledgeably say he is the exact same player from a year ago, proving you a liar when you say you haven't watched NBA basketball all year except for the end of a spurs/nets game.

or

b) you haven't watched jack and are just making stuff up

so which is it, derp?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the point is clear

a) either you have seen him to knowledgeably say he is the exact same player from a year ago, proving you a liar when you say you haven't watched NBA basketball all year except for the end of a spurs/nets game.

or

b) you haven't watched jack and are just making stuff up

so which is it, derp?
    I'm calling you on your bull . You don't have any reason for how Donkey is so much better this season.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I'm calling you on your bull . You don't have any reason for how Donkey is so much better this season.
    derp folds

lukas shot is improved, his use of midrange game is improved, he has been more patient in high pressure situations, taking smarter shots, using his body more often to create space instead of relying so much on his first step and handles, and is simply more experienced.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp folds

lukas shot is improved, his use of midrange game is improved, he has been more patient in high pressure situations, taking smarter shots, using his body more often to create space instead of relying so much on his first step and handles, and is simply more experienced.
    Absolutely none of that is reflected in the stats. You were just trying to get a cheap W.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luca dropping 42 and Mavs are above .500 again after the suck ass 2nd half of January.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Absolutely none of that is reflected in the stats. You were just trying to get a cheap W.
    so you haven't watched him?

it's option B then, and you admit to not knowing what your talking about

typical derp

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Luca dropping 42 and Mavs are above .500 again after the suck ass 2nd half of January.
    My nicca. ill concede Bird faced more physical punishment due to the rules of that era.
    But Luka drops 42 and 9 and makes it look easy vs George who would possibly a top 3 wing defender and at least a top 5 athlete if he played in Bird's mvp years. My boy Luka is the real deal. RC was a rotation player in 85 if he played in Luka era he would be gleague...at best.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you haven't watched him?

it's option B then, and you admit to not knowing what your talking about

typical derp
    I watched him. He was not significantly better overall than last season at all. You're fanboying it up.

His shot has improved and he is taking smarter shots and his FG percent is up a whole point. K

Also at "handles". This has to be the biggest fanboy narrative I've seen on here. He's relying on a wide body and the refs calling contact. He's not (Pistons) Isiah Thomas out there.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I watched him. He was not significantly better overall than last season at all. You're fanboying it up.
    oh so you lied then? what a loser

His shot has improved and he is taking smarter shots and his FG percent is up a whole point. K
    after several weeks of playing 1-on-5 due to ridiculous injuries, and a cold slump to start the season, hes been nothing short of magnificent. but if you actually watched, you would know that. so I'm thinking you're lying about lying.

Also at "handles". This has to be the biggest fanboy narrative I've seen on here. He's relying on a wide body and the refs calling contact. He's not (Pistons) Isiah Thomas out there.
    no one said he was. just that his first couple of years, he tried too much to rely on some of his ball handling tricks to create space, which works against crummy defenders and the weaker compe ion in europe, but it simply didn't work against most of the elite athletes in the NBA, and there were many occasions where he got bottled up trying it. he's been trying that a lot less, and utilizing his body far more, which was my point if you actually read my post, derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh so you lied then? what a loser
    If you laugh like a hyena and then turn out to be wrong, you make yourself look like a noob. You do realize that, right?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after several weeks of playing 1-on-5 due to ridiculous injuries, and a cold slump to start the season, hes been nothing short of magnificent. but if you actually watched, you would know that. so I'm thinking you're lying about lying.
    So, it's his teammates fault he's a ball hog? K

Mavericks are a mediocre team; much more so than last season in terms of results. That's not the product of an MVP candidate really upping his game, slob.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one said he was. just that his first couple of years, he tried too much to rely on some of his ball handling tricks to create space, which works against crummy defenders and the weaker compe ion in europe, but it simply didn't work against most of the elite athletes in the NBA, and there were many occasions where he got bottled up trying it. he's been trying that a lot less, and utilizing his body far more, which was my point if you actually read my post, derp
    4.3 turnovers a game. Same as last season.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    So, it's his teammates fault he's a ball hog? K
    lol what are you even talking about

Mavericks are a mediocre team; much more so than last season in terms of results. That's not the product of an MVP candidate really upping his game, slob.
    since their rash of injuries and covid, they've had one of the best records in the NBA

4.3 turnovers a game. Same as last season.
    so?

if you actually did your research, you would see he has a greater amount of usage, while averaging more assists as well. therefore his A-to-TO ratio is better, and in general is turning it over less frequently. nice job, derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you actually did your research, you would see he has a greater amount of usage, while averaging more assists as well. therefore his A-to-TO ratio is better, and in general is turning it over less frequently. nice job, derp
    If your usage goes up, then assist should go up. But his assists aren't up like you claim anyhow.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    If your usage goes up, then assist should go up. But his assists aren't up like you claim anyhow.
    are you re ed?

he averaged 8.8 last year, and is at 9.3 so far this year

and his assist % is up too, and is highest in the NBA

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you re ed?

he averaged 8.8 last year, and is at 9.3 so far this year

and his assist % is up too, and is highest in the NBA
    The difference is very marginal when accounting for the 2.2 mpg extra.

And that marginal assist percentage bump is nothing when accounting for a higher usage rate.

Stop doing advanced stats. They aren't what you want them to mean, fanboy slob.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    The difference is very marginal when accounting for the 2.2 mpg extra.
    still more. you were wrong. sorry derp.

Stop doing advanced stats. They aren't what you want them to mean, fanboy slob.
    funny you said this when you had just said this

And that marginal assist percentage bump is nothing when accounting for a higher usage rate.
    usage rate is an advanced stat

derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    usage rate is an advanced stat
    Of course it is, dip .

Usg% - Usage Percentage (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); the formula is 100 * ((FGA + 0.44 * FTA + TOV) * (Tm MP / 5)) / (MP * (Tm FGA + 0.44 * Tm FTA + Tm TOV))

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka averaging more than 9 asssits per game is a miracle. Dallas should have every single one of his scrub teammates on a trade list they way they are playing.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Of course it is, dip .
    stop doing advanced stats. they aren't what you want them to mean, derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stop doing advanced stats. they aren't what you want them to mean, derp
    You got caught not knowing what an advanced stat is.

/Slob

Thread Information