Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    You got caught not knowing what an advanced stat is.

/Slob
    what are you talking about? do you even read what you post?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't hard stuff. You shat the bed.

/Slob

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    This isn't hard stuff. You shat the bed.

/Slob
    you said to avoid using advanced stats

then you proceeded to use an advanced stat

idk if you're thinking too hard, or not thinking enough.

either way, you're derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you said to avoid using advanced stats

then you proceeded to use an advanced stat

idk if you're thinking too hard, or not thinking enough.

either way, you're derp
    You really can't keep up.

You said usage % is not an advanced stat.

It is.

/Slob

Stop wasting my time.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    You really can't keep up.

You said usage % is not an advanced stat.
    oh really?

still more. you were wrong. sorry derp.

funny you said this when you had just said this

usage rate is an advanced stat

derp
    looks like I pretty clearly said it was

/derp

stop wasting my time

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can have it, Slob. You haven't made an important point either way.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    You can have it, Slob. You haven't made an important point either way.
    derp says stupid crap, gets exploited and folds, per the norm

lol thinking im mono

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me, Luka not having a problem scoring in the 80s is about his vast skill set to diversify his offense. One of the things that really separates Luka from most great scorers is his ability to do pretty much everything well on offense. Bigger guy on him, he can attack with the dribble and finish at the rim or hit the jumper if the defender plays off of him. Smaller guys, we’ve seen him back them down into the post. Quick defender that’s his size, he has an in between game of floaters, midrange, and fade-aways, as well as the moves, touch, and dexterity to use the glass, reverses, pump fakes, and both hands to finish. Double teams, he’s a very good passer.

Heck, guys like Harden and LeBron don’t even do all those things well. Harden doesn’t have much of a midrange game, and both Harden and LeBron have rarely used a post game over the years. Maybe they can do it, but not nearly as well. Luka has an offensive toolkit as vast and as great as we’ve seen in a while. And he uses them all. And I’ve seen Luka get beat up, hit in the face, fouled hard. Probably fouled hard as much as any other player in recent memory. Has not stopped him from getting up and going right back at the defense. I think he would have zero issues with scoring in the 80s.
    https://streamable.com/z3gabn

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wouldn't be doing all that sh** if players were allowed to body him up.
    Due to that, he can use his body mass to comfortably keep defenders off the ball.
    Otherwise, he'd be stopped and ripped so much more.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    He wouldn't be doing all that sh** if players were allowed to body him up.
    Due to that, he can use his body mass to comfortably keep defenders off the ball.
    Otherwise, he'd be stopped and ripped so much more.
    larry used body mass to comfortably keep defenders off the ball

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not enough leaps / strength.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Not enough leaps / strength.

so basically youre just talking out your crapper as usual, derp

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its pretty sad that a soft, non athletic guy that can barely jump is ting on all these american athletes. Same goes for Jokic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its pretty sad that a soft, non athletic guy that can barely jump is ting on all these american athletes. Same goes for Jokic.
    Called skill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and basketball IQ

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Well o dere

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Last night was his most Bird like moment /shot yet, but doubters here still see little comparison between the two just because Luka has better all around ball skills but can't shoot like Larry Legend. BTW the soccer moves in to the trick shot the other day is EXACTLY what I been saying about Doncic. Vertical and sprints not only way to measure athleticism.Luka has great body control and innate feel for the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real Madrid legend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night was his most Bird like moment /shot yet, but doubters here still see little comparison between the two just because Luka has better all around ball skills but can't shoot like Larry Legend. BTW the soccer moves in to the trick shot the other day is EXACTLY what I been saying about Doncic. Vertical and sprints not only way to measure athleticism.Luka has great body control and innate feel for the game.
    He’s not like bird because he really doesn’t play like him. Other than both being doughy white guys who are basketball geniuses they aren’t similar in any way. Bird has better vision, doncic is way more athletic. Bird is a better shooter and works the low post better where doncic is better on the dribble drive. Just totally different games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not like bird because he really doesn’t play like him. Other than both being doughy white guys who are basketball geniuses they aren’t similar in any way. Bird has better vision, doncic is way more athletic. Bird is a better shooter and works the low post better where doncic is better on the dribble drive. Just totally different games.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    From what I've gathered, there are two types of Luka/honky fans on the board:
    A.) suicidal Doncic critics ("bust...Marcelo Huertas 2.0 here we come ")
    B.) blind Doncic homers ("Doncic >>>> Bird...")

Whatever happened to the moderates, the Brent Barry's if you will?

Surpassing the great Larry Bird, you will note, is not really a birth right for Doncic even if he did win 2.5 Euroleage championships in the not so distant past.

A similar principal applies when predicting Nokic games; I won't take a win against Embiid for granted next year because he had a good run back in the '90's.

This Doncic, in 2021, is a very respectable third best honky in the mighty Western Conference...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Never said he was a duplicate or their games were just alike. I see some similarities in feel, team impact and just a joy to watch play with how they think the game. Also if you hear players especially black players marvel at how despite being quick they can't keep either guy off their sweet spots ... I see those common threads. If you do not, that's fine I do. So do guys like Rick Carlisle who knows hoops better than either of us.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've gathered, there are two types of Luka/honky fans on the board:
    A.) suicidal Doncic critics ("bust...Marcelo Huertas 2.0 here we come ")
    B.) blind Doncic homers ("Doncic >>>> Bird...")

Whatever happened to the moderates, the Brent Barry's if you will?

Surpassing the great Larry Bird, you will note, is not really a birth right for Doncic even if he did win 2.5 Euroleage championships in the not so distant past.

A similar principal applies when predicting Nokic games; I won't take a win against Embiid for granted next year because he had a good run back in the '90's.

This Doncic, in 2021, is a very respectable third best honky in the mighty Western Conference...
    I've never been a let's add up the trophies kind of guys. You can just tell by watching them play. Bird was very good to great in just about every aspect of the game.
    Donkey is a good player; and more power to him if he's able to ac ulate some rings; but that's not going to move the needle for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said he was a duplicate or their games were just alike. I see some similarities in feel, team impact and just a joy to watch play with how they think the game. Also if you hear players especially black players marvel at how despite being quick they can't keep either guy off their sweet spots ... I see those common threads. If you do not, that's fine I do. So do guys like Rick Carlisle who knows hoops better than either of us.
    Ok if you are talking about general feel I can’t argue but I always think it was because of their physical appearances that drew comparisons. Agreed that they get to their spots (differently) and just have positive impacts to their teams. They just know when to shoot dribble and pass. And does it at the perfect times.

My biggest issue is that if either of those players were black nobody would be comparing them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic is the one who reminds of Bird, at least in the passing department and those off balance jump shiots

Thread Information