Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To better prove my point, the Spurs are tanking this season and I'm having a ing blast tbh
    I'd rather they tank playing the young guns way more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you are a troll, and an extremely stupid one at that, but you can't be serious thinking Rick Carlisle is a better coach than Pop?

Oh wait, you are that stupid. Nevermind....

P.S. Look at Carlisle's stints in Detroit, Indiana & Dallas and the fact that he only managed one Finals appearance/championship then think about how stupid you are......

Anyway, care on with your trolling and stupid Pop/R.C. bashing schtick.....
    Whatever you say, Burrito Brain.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hated the mavs but Luka has turned into one of my favorite players to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather they tank playing the young guns way more.
    Nah, I'm actually pretty excited by how Pop has treated the young guys so far. By calling them out in public, not giving them minutes over lesser players, pulling them after every little mistake, etc. it shows me that Pop sees something in them.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’ll feel our pain for once. And I hope it hurts like
    Oh, man... I DO feel your pain. And it hurts like . Ouch, stop it!

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got three more of these games this season. Can’t wait to bump this on a better night

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, don't get too carried away with that talk, LJ. What if the Spurs had laid off even a little last season. They would have ended the streak, and they would have missed out on a first round exit. But they wouldn't have had to move up too much higher to get P.J. Washington, or Rui, or Cam Johnson. If they had done that, would they be better or worse? And next year, with the rookie having a year under his belt... better or worse? Not only that, but if they had one of those guys, how much better could they possibly have spent their resources in the FA market?

That's not a full rebuild, but one year could make a of a difference. Pretty easily. The problem is, they have waited too long to get the most value from it. They could have held a lot of things the same, and made just a few strategic changes and be a MUCH better team for it. But to do it they would have to have sacrificed one first round exit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever you say, Burrito Brain.
    Good comeback! It only took you 30 or more minutes and nothing of substance to come at me with......

You probably Googled his coaching career and realized how stupid you sounded.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I try to tell them. They don't listen.
    I don’t think anyone wants to tank. They want the lottery if THIS is the team they have since they will be a lottery team anyways. But the idea is to move DeRozan for something that fits better, sharpen the rotations and keep being a playoff team that is compe ive night in and night out while rebuilding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course tanking is the smart move overall, when the time has come for it. I’m just saying that it’s real easy to say “I can’t wait for my team to rebuild”, it’s another thing to be in the middle of the tank as you’re getting your ass beat by 20 every night, with no end in sight.
    Spurs have trailed by 15 or more in 50% of their games this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, don't get too carried away with that talk, LJ. What if the Spurs had laid off even a little last season. They would have ended the streak, and they would have missed out on a first round exit. But they wouldn't have had to move up too much higher to get P.J. Washington, or Rui, or Cam Johnson. If they had done that, would they be better or worse? And next year, with the rookie having a year under his belt... better or worse? Not only that, but if they had one of those guys, how much better could they possibly have spent their resources in the FA market?

That's not a full rebuild, but one year could make a of a difference. Pretty easily. The problem is, they have waited too long to get the most value from it. They could have held a lot of things the same, and made just a few strategic changes and be a MUCH better team for it. But to do it they would have to have sacrificed one first round exit.
    Um, no disrespect to those three young men but the team would have needed more than a rookie tweener forward to become "instantly" compe ive.

Now, if they could have tanked and lucked into another surprise low risk/high reward type (ala Nephew or Jimmy Butler) that far exceeds his ceiling then we are talking. I'm not sure that guy existed in this last draft that had a lot tweener forwards and undersized swingmen.

The Spurs needed a "3 & D" small forward with size and some hops. I'm not even sure K.J. completely fits the bill only being 6'6" and all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me “expecting a one year rebuild” means people think SA gets a top 3 pick and then they are in the finals again.

But to me, a good rebuild means you don’t get Laker’d with 5 years of top 5 picks because you suck at drafting and development and have a toxic culture.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I'm actually pretty excited by how Pop has treated the young guys so far. By calling them out in public, not giving them minutes over lesser players, pulling them after every little mistake, etc. it shows me that Pop sees something in them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while Pop is driving the ship you may be correct

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't even get salty at Op for just pointing out the truth, at this point the Mavs do have a better and more promising level of talent and look ready to compete for many years to come. Equipped with the same head coach that took the 2014 ring team to 7 games with pretty much NBA spare parts.

But as far as a rivalry goes, c'mon, these Spurs have no rivalry anymore, not with Dallas, not with anyone really...I take that back, the only rivalry or the only games that have any self-imposed rivalry, if you will, in my eyes, are against the Clippers or any Kawhi led team since he straight up decapitated the franchise.

Any rivalry of yesterday is dead today lol, where's Tim, where's Dirk? Do we have to pretend the Lakers are rivals still and continue to read that god awful "fisher dominating parker" garbage 50 years later on the other Spurs site. It's dead. Are OKC and Spurs still rivals? Or are they just two teams that were great but now are pretty , but play 4 times a year and everyone that meant anything to either side in the previous clashes is gone.

Just don't think it's worth getting all riled up when another team's fan comes in and kinda just tells the truth and we all know this team in it's current iteration is not really that good so our expectations should reflect that and not some glory days .

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    good op... always respected rick doing more with less without multiple top 25 all time players.

Luca probably wins 3 rings tbh. 4 is close to 5 and dallas closer to the next one than seattle spurms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a shame that Luka won't take his conditioning and training seriously. Once he gets ahold of Whataburger, and Fuzzy Tacos, that will be it. That's not even taking consideration of the DFW nightlife. Maybe Mav fans get 5 decent years out of the white Lebron.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    It's a shame that Luka won't take his conditioning and training seriously. Once he gets ahold of Whataburger, and Fuzzy Tacos, that will be it. That's not even taking consideration of the DFW nightlife. Maybe Mav fans get 5 decent years out of the white Lebron.
    you're literally re ed and have no clue what you're talking about

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans in here are happier with the loss than Mavs fans are with the win, tbh.
    Do the Spurs really have a choice here? I mean if this is them trying to win might as well root for the tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Congrats on regaining Texas superiority.

I wouldn't say we were always big brother the last 20 years, though. You dethroned us in '06 and reigned supreme in '11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me get this straight... After having a talent as great as Dirk Nowitzki, the Mavs were only able to produce ONE championship. Yet now the OP is declaring that a 42 point game and a triple double in stats is the Mavs gateway to multiple championships and the end of the Spurs.

Let’s see how many championships resulted from OKC having a triple double machine on their team... Answer: Zero, nada, goose egg.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have trailed by 15 or more in 50% of their games this season
    , I thought it was more like 90% tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the all time goat. But he isn’t beyond reproach.

He is petty terrible this year. 2019-2020 id rather have carlisle, spo, doc, nurse to name a few. never dan tony tho punk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ people thinking they're right after predicting a downturn since 08-09.

People are literally stealing Hater's schtick. Sad.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    LOL @ people thinking they're right after predicting a downturn since 08-09.

People are literally stealing Hater's schtick. Sad.
    there was a downturn tbh. 4 ringz in nine seasons then 1 in the next ten and counting and only cause of hitting the lottery at 15 with kiwi.

1 in ten years puts spur in company with great franchises like cleveland and toronto

Thread Information