Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See you in a couple weeks under a new alt. Showing up under this one would be sad
    Shut up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had a chance to sit row 4 against Portland, free tickets. Turned them down.

I’ll watch, but this team is not worth the hassle of going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except I'm really out this time.

What he's done to my boy is downright criminal. Everyone, from fans to pundits, had him pegged as a breakout candidate. He was the one enjoyable thing about last season. He singlehandedly turned the defense from bottom of the barrel to middle of the pack. JVG said at times he looked like the best player at the Team USA camp. And look where he is now thanks to Pop's favoritism towards lesser players. Its disgusting.

And dont give me this bull about he wasn't playing that well. Does LMA get 10 minutes when he plays like a ? How about DeRozan when he's being the loser he's always been? Wombat when he shot 20% in the playoffs? How about Rudy when he couldn't hit for like the first 5 games of the DEN series? White is at worst the 3rd best player on the team yet for some reason this arrogant mother er has decided to ruin him by treating him like an 8th man. And for who? Forbes and Wombat? I've always defended Forbes but he's not Derrick White. Not even close. Wombat is a got.
    Nah. You got too much passion to walk away. I would be a more likely guy to walk. I am just pretty apathetic at this point. I, too, hate how he refuses to develop Derrick as he begs to be developed. But I hope to outlast Pop and see a competent coach come in and put our guys in position to develop individually and win games. You'll be here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll still watch the Spurs. But as far as caring goes, I've checked out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually this season has been very good for my blood pressure. Unlike when we were really good, losses with this team hardly affect my blood pressure at all. I just want to outlast Pop at this point.
    I agree. Almost need a season off. They’re not winning the championship this year, so will tune in only when convenient.

Look forward to the young guys developing, hopefully trading Demar, Aldridge and Gay for something useful, and getting a top 17 pick for the first time in two decades.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

What he's done to my boy is downright criminal. Everyone, from fans to pundits, had him pegged as a breakout candidate. He was the one enjoyable thing about last season. He singlehandedly turned the defense from bottom of the barrel to middle of the pack. JVG said at times he looked like the best player at the Team USA camp. And look where he is now thanks to Pop's favoritism towards lesser players. Its disgusting.

And dont give me this bull about he wasn't playing that well. Does LMA get 10 minutes when he plays like a ? How about DeRozan when he's being the loser he's always been? Wombat when he shot 20% in the playoffs? How about Rudy when he couldn't hit for like the first 5 games of the DEN series? White is at worst the 3rd best player on the team yet for some reason this arrogant mother er has decided to ruin him by treating him like an 8th man. And for who? Forbes and Wombat? I've always defended Forbes but he's not Derrick White. Not even close. Wombat is just a got.
    Pop is lost with the game passing him by and all his talented assistants leaving to coach elsewhere. As a result, Pop is regressing to strategies that worked in the past. Mid-range ball. Aldridge as his Duncan replacement. Murray doubling for Parker. White as his Ginobili energizer off the bench. It's asinine and re ed as those three are nothing like the big 3 but the old man is confused and looking for familiar faces in the current roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll still watch the Spurs. But as far as caring goes, I've checked out.
    I’m kinda reaching Pop’s level of not caring, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why so serious?

It’ll be alright broseph. Life goes on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even give a about the losing. I watched every game the previous two seasons, and those were low ceiling teams too. But for him to essentially want to run it back, while ruinng last season's bright spot? There was a lot of excitement going into the season and it had nothing to do with Wombat, Forbes, and Beli yet here we are. Then to top it off his arrogance about the whole thing. What's the point of even watching?

See y'all next season, boys. Hopefully he's moved to the stands and the great Timothy Theodore Duncan has taken over by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Murray and White were terribad. Doncic destroyed boaf of them.
    oh. how did marco hold up against him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every team in every league has to go through down times. It's a part of the sports world and us fans should still be there to and moan through every part of it until our team gets back on track. Only Lakers fans can jump ship to become Warriors fans for a few years then come back to being Lakers fans like they never left. Don't be that kind of fan(or at least don't be a Lakers fan).

I've been a Chargers fan since the Dan Fouts days and let me tell you something, you think the Spurs have it bad. The Chargers make the Knicks look like a good franchise. I should have picked another team when I was a kid.......but I'm a committed fan. I stick with them no matter what piece of LA crackhead infested soccer stadium they play in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even give a about the losing. I watched every game the previous two seasons, and those were low ceiling teams too. But for him to essentially want to run it back, while ruinng last season's bright spot? There was a lot of excitement going into the season and it had nothing to do with Wombat, Forbes, and Beli yet here we are. Then to top it off his arrogance about the whole thing. What's the point of even watching?

See y'all next season, boys. Hopefully he's moved to the stands and the great Timothy Theodore Duncan has taken over by then.
    That's what the remaining Sniffers don't get tbh. This team has a chance to at least be entertaining and building towards the future tbh.

Throwing IG/White/Lonnie out there is gonna be hit/miss. They'll up A LOT but they'll gain valuable experience and might even produce an entertaining brand of chaos. Sure, it's probably not a playoff team but it'll be damn good for their development.

Instead, we see absolute career losers get the lion's share of minutes, garbage rotations, and a ty product that would have been tough to watch even in the 90s. And on top of that, they're still getting their doors blown off every game without a change in sight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what the remaining Sniffers don't get tbh. This team has a chance to at least be entertaining and building towards the future tbh.

Throwing IG/White/Lonnie out there is gonna be hit/miss. They'll up A LOT but they'll gain valuable experience and might even produce an entertaining brand of chaos. Sure, it's probably not a playoff team but it'll be damn good for their development.

Instead, we see absolute career losers get the lion's share of minutes, garbage rotations, and a ty product that would have been tough to watch even in the 90s. And on top of that, they're still getting their doors blown off every game without a change in sight.
    Preach, brother. Entertaining basketball requires passion. The young guys have some... still. Pop hasn't yet coached them hard enough to lose their passion and get over themselves.

OH, and I really want to see what Carroll can do if given the chance. Maybe next season under a new coach...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker is a worse version of Murray, who could be worse than Marco.
    You are a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh. how did marco hold up against him?
    Game Grdes:

Marco C+

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I as I'm sure most fans were excited about this upcoming season even though I knew coming in to this season we had no chance of winning a ship. I was hoping White and Murray would be the starting backcourt and give opposing guards on the defensive end and play at a faster run and gun pace but that didn't happen. Ok so then White is coming off the bench ok well I figured at least they would close out games as the backcourt and that's not happening and they are playing around 20 minutes a game. The main reason I watched tonight's game was to see Luka play and I'm out as well until Murray and White are playing together and playing around 30 minutes a game. Cest la vie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Murray and White were terribad. Doncic destroyed boaf of them.
    Bruh, where is this “to be fair” business when the opposite is occurring with Beli/Forbes/Mills? It’s not there. Why is it that Lonnie/Murray/White get the short leash but the NO_D3 get to run wild?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wombat - 26 minutes
    Forbes - 31 minutes
    Italian POS - 19 minutes
    White - 13 minutes
    Carroll - 8 minutes
    Walker - DNP

Gregg Popovich. I'm out. Sick of dedicating so much time to being a fan, literally scheduling around games on game days just for this arrogant piece of to piss me off with his stupid, imbecilic, against conventional wisdom because he's a genius rotations. Then his arrogant responses to suggestions that changes might help.

Send his ass to the stands. Give him a Riley type role.
    I know it is really, really frustrating but maybe take a break if you are investing too much emotionally in the team. This has always been Pop's M.O., but now that the team isn't dripping with HOF talent it makes it less bearable.

I'm getting agitated as well especially when it is clear that, even if he is a better version (or equal) to Dante Cunningham, Carroll's high BBIQ and better defensive chops (look how he was guarding Porzingis in the 4th) would be a huge, huge asset. Not to mention the excitement and potential Lonnie could bring if given more of a chance.

The excuse of not playing him makes sense if, if the team compe ive and fighting for a playoff spot. It is still early, but I feel like that is off the table (for now).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh, where is this “to be fair” business when the opposite is occurring with Beli/Forbes/Mills? It’s not there. Why is it that Lonnie/Murray/White get the short leash but the NO_D3 get to run wild?
    Because admitting the old man has been really bad at coaching for a long time now isn't an option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And dont give me this bull about he wasn't playing that well. Does LMA get 10 minutes when he plays like a ? How about DeRozan when he's being the loser he's always been? Wombat when he shot 20% in the playoffs? How about Rudy when he couldn't hit for like the first 5 games of the DEN series? White is at worst the 3rd best player on the team yet for some reason this arrogant mother er has decided to ruin him by treating him like an 8th man. And for who? Forbes and Wombat? I've always defended Forbes but he's not Derrick White. Not even close. Wombat is just a got.
    Of course, your "quitting" is based on your hard - on for Derrick White.

LOL, remember when you said he was better than Jamal Murray. Good times.....

Anyway, if he would remain disciplined on defense (stop biting for pump fakes) and made smart, assertive plays on offense Pop wouldn't have gone to the sandwich trio as much.

I know, I know, it isn't Derrick's fault he's looked passive, tentative and lacked confidence but only Pop's fault for not gifting him minutes and praising him not stop....

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get the feeling some of the younger guys on this spurs are quitting on the team too. Watching your team lose consistently and the coach rewarding mediocrity has gotta be deflating.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I disagree. I think that would make them a playoff team. Maybe not, but I think they'd be more likely to make the playoffs than the alternative lineups that have gotten them where they are now. They'd be better with the Murray-White-Walker trio playing 85+ minutes a game, and if Pop changed things up there's still time to be a playoff team, easy. What are they, 4 games back? If Pop changes in time they are a playoff team, no doubt in my mind.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are y'all ing about? Y'all have been begging for the sure to suck so it looks like you're getting your wishes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shouldve quit when they got rid of kawhi

this roster gleague material, bunch of wankers in wankers paradise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Again, imbecile, I know you are super dumb and slow. But, this team would have destroyed in the 90's when the mid range was king and you had hand checking (to protect ty defenders). Plus, the fact that the offense is actually good this year and they have played a quicker pace than the Spurs have historically (under Pop).

I understand you are slow, hate Pop and your "favorite" team but have some knowledge and understanding of the game with your moronic takes and trolling.

You have to be the #1 stupidest troll on the boards by a long shot.

I see this has become a circle jerk for the "I hate Pop and everything he does" Crew, peace......

Make sure not to get any in each other's mouths, ok?

Thread Information