Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start the dynasty with tank. Leave the dynasty you started with a tank.

CIA Pop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are tanking--the know they can't win with this group so they're giving the vets an opportunity to showcase for trades later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are tanking--the know they can't win with this group so they're giving the vets an opportunity to showcase for trades later.
    Not Pop's style. I don't believe it.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t help but wonder......

No, don’t be stupid.....

They’re kinda trying out there....

Right?........

Uh, right?.....

You never think this kinda thing will happen to you. And then it does...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds legit. Demar became this tanks Nique Wilkins tonight. Looking forward to more of it.
    Last edited by gospursgojas; 11-18-2019 at 11:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start the dynasty with tank. Leave the dynasty you started with a tank.

CIA Pop?
    Trying to hard. Not a real sniffer. Sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes no sense. Why would you not trade LMA/DeRozan vs keeping them and hurting their value so you get less with teams watching them lead the Spurs to the lottery?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No pop is trying, he didn't get thrown out for nothing. He's just incompetent "they'll figure it out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes no sense. Why would you not trade LMA/DeRozan vs keeping them and hurting their value so you get less with teams watching them lead the Spurs to the lottery?
    Because Pop is unintentionally tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "they'll figure it out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lose as many games as possible before the trade deadline. Demorlize the team. Trade lamarsha and Defrozen for two potential top 15 picks.

Your Pick is a top 10ish pick plus you get two top 15s. You could easily trade two of those picks for a top 7-8 and keep the other pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lose as many games as possible before the trade deadline. Demorlize the team. Trade lamarsha and Defrozen for two potential top 15 picks.

Your Pick is a top 10ish pick plus you get two top 15s. You could easily trade two of those picks for a top 7-8 and keep the other pick
    That still makes no sense. If that is your plan, you trade LMA/DeRozan when their value is highest and can still tank. Their values are much less after the start to this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans come up with all kind of theories. Maybe Carroll doesn't play cause he's secretly injured? Maybe Pop ain't playing White and Murray together cause of Murray's minutes restriction. Maybe Pop is stealth tanking. None of that is true, the coach is just a senile idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh well, lets trade one pure 20ppg, one nearly 20ppg, for a bunch of picks. Great. Will work out for us in the long run /s

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he should have tanked since kawhi wanted to leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say this is half true. Pop and Office made their mind up that this year would be all about the veterans. If they are still losing by January I expect trades. LMA to Portland, DD to Eastern Conference. Gay I feel may stay but who knows. Belli probably moved with Derozan. Patty stays because he is "culture guy".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the point in tanking? To get a lottery pick? It wouldn't matter, they would be sent to the g league for 2 years at the minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans come up with all kind of theories. Maybe Carroll doesn't play cause he's secretly injured? Maybe Pop ain't playing White and Murray together cause of Murray's minutes restriction. Maybe Pop is stealth tanking. None of that is true, the coach is just a senile idiot
    Saw an interesting note on Carroll from a writer who asked him: he said he was confused by why he was not playing. It’s not an injury or anything; Pop is simply choosing to not play him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "White on a minutes restriction too", "He really sees something in Lonnie, that's why hes not playing", "Tough love for the young guys"....

Yeah except you've seen the same bull from the senile moron for the last 5-10 years, he just doesn't have 4 HOFers carrying his ass anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw an interesting note on Carroll from a writer who asked him: he said he was confused by why he was not playing. It’s not an injury or anything; Pop is simply choosing to not play him.
    senile Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is not tanking he ing sucks

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolute madness. There is so much dysfunction in this organization over the past two years. The handling of Kawhi and the poor return, the Morris situation, the bad contracts to role players that don't move the needle, questionable lineups and rotations, zigging while the rest of the league is zagging with ball-movement and the emphasis on maximizing the three point shot, draftees getting no playing time because they aren't over themselves.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the point in tanking? To get a lottery pick? It wouldn't matter, they would be sent to the g league for 2 years at the minimum.
    was timmy send to g league for 2yrs? No bc he was top pick and was ready for an nba. All our 20+ picks are just a piece of....average college players with no skills nor physical preparation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolute madness. There is so much dysfunction in this organization over the past two years. The handling of Kawhi and the poor return, the Morris situation, the bad contracts to role players that don't move the needle, questionable lineups and rotations, zigging while the rest of the league is zagging with ball-movement and the emphasis on maximizing the three point shot, draftees getting no playing time because they aren't over themselves.
    ...No clear #2 coach on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there was that offseason rumor that they were looking to trade Marco right? fingers crossed

Thread Information