Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many people are cliff jumping and jumping off the bandwagon. I stand here steadfast. I know but also believe that the Spurs are gonna grow from this and rise from the ashes. This adversity is gonna force evolution. Pop knows the only way to change career losers is to make them lose and own up to the losses, and force them to evolve into winners. Force them to learn from their mistakes and rise to the occasion. They lean so much on Pop and are full of fear. Pop is forcing them to adapt and shed their fear and overcome it. Pop is gonna work a masterpiece.

The players are already saying the same thing now. They are accepting responsibility. From Murray to Derozan, they are saying the same things, that no one is gonna "save them".

We need to stay the course for our team. We need to be strong as new stars are formed from gasses.

I know it seems miserable now but I think it's just crazy enough it just might work.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "There's nothing wrong with the rotations, or the roster construction. It's those cliff-jumping fans."

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edgelords playing checkers while pop is playing chess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still refuse to believe we won't make the playoffs as an 8th seed. But I've had enough of these first round exits and this team is tired and played out. It needs sweeping changes to be respectable again but it doesn't look like those changes will happen until the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still refuse to believe we won't make the playoffs as an 8th seed. But I've had enough of these first round exits and this team is tired and played out. It needs sweeping changes to be respectable again but it doesn't look like those changes will happen until the offseason.
    just believe

i remember a time when you had that gift. When you believed. When you proudly sniffed. Don't lose that. It's what makes us special. Don't let those vile edge lords take your innocence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players are "accepting responsibility" but I didn't hear Pop doing the same.

Anyway, in 2018 or last season I can't remember we started 4-4 and people were crazy mad for 4 losses in a row. Fans tend to overeact and overthink situations every year.

I agree with OP. At some point of the season this team will find its game and iden y.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to think that this is all part of the big picture with the team. Take their lumps now, sacrificing one or two seasons before moving forward. The PATFO has been in this business for so long that they must have at least speculated on this result we are now seeing happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 inch at a time

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, but, but I want another

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players are "accepting responsibility" but I didn't hear Pop doing the same.

Anyway, in 2018 or last season I can't remember we started 4-4 and people were crazy mad for 4 losses in a row. Fans tend to overeact and overthink situations every year.

I agree with OP. At some point of the season this team will find its game and iden y.
    Maybe it’s hindsight but Im not sure and many of us had concerns before the season. I was pretty excited and thought SA was going to be a big surprise this year, but I also assumed rational coaching and that was my flaw.

I had issues with the roster and wanted some more bold moves if they were going to still try and be a playoff team with the moves they made, but I thought getting Murray back, White being unleashed and Lonnie getting some leash would raise the ceiling enough.

I was ok with Carroll and Morris and was happy with that since it was a Spurs thing to do, but it didn’t change the build of the roster shaped around players like DeRozan and LMA.

So I am not sure this team can climb; they have real flaws and on top of that they have Pop operating at a D level and a severe lack of leadership. That is not a recipe for climbing out of holes if we are being honest and this front office has shown no moxie the past couple years and that is what is needed to jolt this team if the goal is to truly compete (even if you can’t expect to be a contender).

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah!

I think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they'll make the playoffs even with Beli, Forbes, and Wombat being cornerstones. Who gives a though? We already saw that movie last season. We know how it ends. The West is wide open, yet Pop is content with just running it back. Wasting another year not developing the guys that really matter. It's disgusting. It's unwatchable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Respect. OP.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The West is wide open, yet Pop is content with just running it back. Wasting another year not developing the guys that really matter. It's disgusting. It's unwatchable.

the west isn't wide open. it's clippers, lakers with houston looking in. i agree with the rest though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ray - you already have a Sniffer thread. I've stayed in my lane with 1 Edgelord thread. Respect the rules tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ray - you already have a Sniffer thread. I've stayed in my lane with 1 Edgelord thread. Respect the rules tbh.
    don't hate my man... you should be happy right now. you been banking. i just got to say is be careful... you don't want to lose all that winnings when we turn it around

Believe.
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    if now is the season of losing, then let them lose. Lose as much as you can. Get all these losing out of their system. Just keep losing i say. See how much more they can stomach these loses. And then only they, our spurs will rise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs are gonna rise from this. #stillbelieve #spurs #DDR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Op with some much needed optimism around here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? no!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? no!
    We will rise in victory like the men at the Alamo! They were all undersized, but the Mexican army was even smaller. We defended the Alamo and Davy Crockett went on to get his own TV series dammit!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will rise in victory like the men at the Alamo! They were all undersized, but the Mexican army was even smaller. We defended the Alamo and Davy Crockett went on to get his own TV series dammit!
    Well f*ck...my wife just told me we didn't win at the Alamo. In fact, she said we were massacred and that it was an actor that got the TV series and not the real Davy Crockett. We are ed you guys!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many people are cliff jumping and jumping off the bandwagon. I stand here steadfast. I know but also believe that the Spurs are gonna grow from this and rise from the ashes. This adversity is gonna force evolution. Pop knows the only way to change career losers is to make them lose and own up to the losses, and force them to evolve into winners. Force them to learn from their mistakes and rise to the occasion. They lean so much on Pop and are full of fear. Pop is forcing them to adapt and shed their fear and overcome it. Pop is gonna work a masterpiece.

The players are already saying the same thing now. They are accepting responsibility. From Murray to Derozan, they are saying the same things, that no one is gonna "save them".

We need to stay the course for our team. We need to be strong as new stars are formed from gasses.

I know it seems miserable now but I think it's just crazy enough it just might work.
    u must be trolling...how can career losers overcome their fear by continuing to lose while past their prime? if they were losing in their prime and didnt care...why the would they change now? they probably feel right at home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and i love how when i say something, ppl on my takes...but when it comes to pass, everyone gets quiet...ive BEEN saying this about these players...ive BEEN saying this team is first round fodder and we need to make changes, especially when it comes to DDR, Mills and LMA...and i was ted on last year for saying it...it's ok tho

Thread Information