Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, the two best defensive guards on the team, Murray and Derrick White, have played just seven minutes together so far this season, after Murray missed all of last season with a torn ACL.

When asked why that was the case before the game, Popovich said, "It just hasn't worked out."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...y-going-flames
    Hmmm. Okay.

Interesting article, including a scout scoffing at the idea of the Spurs playing Trey Lyles.

Let's hope Pop realizes the defensive troubles start with Forbes before it's too late...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "They're playing Lyles? Come on," said one scout who saw San Antonio recently. "Not in the West. Maybe you can play him and hope to get to ninth in the East or something."

I swear there was a sniffer that said that Lyles would start for like 20 other teams. Sorry for the hijack but that article has pretty good quotes.

"We've got to realize we are s--- defensively," DeRozan said. "Plain and simple. We're terrible. We have to take more pride in it. It's embarrassing. It's embarrassing to lose this many games. We've got to take pride in it, whatever that may be. Individually, team-wise, you've got to do it."

I just can't stop laughing... yeah sure thing DeMar. We can tell you're trying hard on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has lost his marbles.

He has seen so much basketball in his life, at his age, he can no longer differentiate what’s good and bad. Everything is a jumbled mess in his head and it shows with his lineups.

Hes like a scientist who has gone mad being stuck in his basement lab for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles not playing

More Poetl, more Carrol, Murray no mins restriction and White hopefully coming back soon will help a little bit

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not exactly an "explanation". I can't believe this guy recognizes that the defense is , but refuses to make any lineup adjustment to improve the defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie has been bad with a 5 minute sample size and White/Murray hasn’t worked in a 7 minute sample size.

Okie dokie!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Pop has cobbled together a top 5 offense with this team is enough to make you doubt statistics as a whole . But seriously, it’s wild SA is even capable offensively with how they play but they are. However, Pop is paralyzed by offense. He fears a dip in offense so much and fears spacing issues so much he’s not willing to even budge or gamble on defense despite the unbelievably bad results.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe pop should stop making adjustments for offense and put defensive units out there...

Murray/White/Derozan/Carrol/Aldridge
    Patty/Lonnie/Beli/Gay/Poetl

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now a days you don't have to be a knockdown shooter to space.. you just have to be a threat and be willing... Boston doesn't have great shooting wings, but they are willing and they let em fly. Just no hesitancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has lost his marbles.

He has seen so much basketball in his life, at his age, he can no longer differentiate what’s good and bad. Everything is a jumbled mess in his head and it shows with his lineups.

Hes like a scientist who has gone mad being stuck in his basement lab for years.
    Something is legit wrong with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "They're playing Lyles? Come on," said one scout who saw San Antonio recently. "Not in the West. Maybe you can play him and hope to get to ninth in the East or something."

I swear there was a sniffer that said that Lyles would start for like 20 other teams. Sorry for the hijack but that article has pretty good quotes.

"We've got to realize we are s--- defensively," DeRozan said. "Plain and simple. We're terrible. We have to take more pride in it. It's embarrassing. It's embarrassing to lose this many games. We've got to take pride in it, whatever that may be. Individually, team-wise, you've got to do it."

I just can't stop laughing... yeah sure thing DeMar. We can tell you're trying hard on defense.
    nice. opposing team ting on spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is getting clowned on by most now unfortunately. He’s obviously respected but SA’s trade, free agency and lineup decisions can no longer just be explained away.

I still say GTFO to people that have just been waiting for this and predicting the demise for 7 years, but there is truth in the criticism now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love that the old man is getting exposed. He can’t retire soon enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst thing is Pop doesn't have to answer to anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I swear there was a sniffer that said that Lyles would start for like 20 other teams. Sorry for the hijack but that article has pretty goeod quotes.
    That was exstatic .

“He would start on 20 other teams today.”
    “The Raptors will look worse off than the Spurs.”
    “Uh huh! Jeff Ayres.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie has been bad with a 5 minute sample size and White/Murray hasn’t worked in a 7 minute sample size.

Okie dokie!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey fckn lyles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a flat out lie he told. Hes a liar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan can't defend the 3 and Bryn can't defend anyone. The fact that nobody except Bryn can shoot the 3 is what has put him in the SL, but everyone is lighting our asses up. I just have to tell myself that there are few teams we can beat in the NBA with the worst defense in the league. I think they might win tomorrow, but they'll be murdered at home. Glad I won't be attending any of those games...maybe the Twolves?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Pop has cobbled together a top 5 offense with this team is enough to make you doubt statistics as a whole . But seriously, it’s wild SA is even capable offensively with how they play but they are. However, Pop is paralyzed by offense. He fears a dip in offense so much and fears spacing issues so much he’s not willing to even budge or gamble on defense despite the unbelievably bad results.
    Hes forgotten great defense can lead to better offense. It not all about spacing.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unbelievable part is Trey Lyles has had his role reduced to 2min. I mean he was the one bright spot on this team and was actually improving. His shot outside was looking smoothe and was finally converting. His d was good enough. It's a massive hit to the confidence when you see the likes of Bryn and Marco getting rewarded for mediocrity.

If that doesn't show how pops got it wrong. Well good luck to you all.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop should be taken on a drug test

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unbelievable part is Trey Lyles has had his role reduced to 2min. I mean he was the one bright spot on this team and was actually improving. His shot outside was looking smoothe and was finally converting. His d was good enough. It's a massive hit to the confidence when you see the likes of Bryn and Marco getting rewarded for mediocrity.

If that doesn't show how pops got it wrong. Well good luck to you all.
    Lyles was ...im not sure what u guys were seeing

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why I want the Spurs to keep losing. Eventually Pop will start playing them together and add Walker to the rotation. I wouldn’t mind seeing Metu and Johnson as well. Also, hearing DeRozan talk about taking pride on defense is laughable. Look in the mirror!

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles was ...im not sure what u guys were seeing
    When Lyles was I called it. His recent play however wasn't. He finally looked comfortable and was hitting the three at a good clip.. not saying he needs to start but 2mins is a joke for improved play.His length and mobility offers a younger option to Rudy and Demarri so doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by Slippy; 11-23-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Thread Information