Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just looking at the eye test DeMar has been better on defense this year than Derrick White. Last Night for as good as Luka Doncic was he didn't look to have that same confidence to produce with DeMar on him. Derrick White has been getting abused a lot this year. I've seen DeMar play exceptional defense a lot this year sometimes using the eye test instead of numbers works wonders. The problem with DeMar is that he has the tools to be a two way player he just loafs at the defensive end of the court sometimes. I've never seen DeMar get lit up as bad as I've seen white get lit up even going back to last year. People blame Belinelli and Mills for their defense in that Denver series but If White wouldn't have gotten torched by Jamal Murray twice in that series it may have turned out different. Some Dude on Twitter actually said Derrick White is a top 10 shooting guard well if that's true he needs to be held accountable for his trash performance.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Just looking at the eye test DeMar has been better on defense this year than Derrick White. Last Night for as good as Luka Doncic was he didn't look to have that same confidence to produce with DeMar on him. Derrick White has been getting abused a lot this year. I've seen DeMar play exceptional defense a lot this year sometimes using the eye test instead of numbers works wonders. The problem with DeMar is that he has the tools to be a two way player he just loafs at the defensive end of the court sometimes. I've never seen DeMar get lit up as bad as I've seen white get lit up even going back to last year. People blame Belinelli and Mills for their defense in that Denver series but If White wouldn't have gotten torched by Jamal Murray twice in that series it may have turned out different. Some Dude on Twitter actually said Derrick White is a top 10 shooting guard well if that's true he needs to be held accountable for his trash performance.
    If Demar didn't go 0-10 in the first half of game 7, the series may have turned out different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if derozan wasn't mentally weak he'd be a good player. not max good but good enough to extend. sadly his mind is goo and you can always count on him ing up. there's a reason why he was benched in the playoffs when he was a rapturd

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    if derozan wasn't mentally weak he'd be a good player. not max good but good enough to extend. sadly his mind is goo and you can always count on him ing up. there's a reason why he was benched in the playoffs when he was a rapturd
    I mean, he was our highest paid player yet he had the worst On-Off of all Spurs players in the playoffs. That's pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, he was our highest paid player yet he had the worst On-Off of all Spurs players in the playoffs. That's pathetic.
    yeah he's empty calories. SA fans may be spoiled but they're not stupid. attendance is down partly due to his putrid playing style

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Demar didn't go 0-10 in the first half of game 7, the series may have turned out different.
    What does have to do with White getting torched by Murray and then getting clamped by Gary Harris after they took Jamal Murray off of him?

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    What does have to do with White getting torched by Murray and then getting clamped by Gary Harris after they took Jamal Murray off of him?
    You seemed to be implying that it's White's fault we lost the series. White was punching above his weight, having to guard the best offensive guard on the opposing team while also keeping us in most of those game with his efficient scoring. If our two $50 million "stars" did their job, we wouldn't have even needed to rely on that much production from a 2nd year player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember him playing pretty good defense against Paul George last season. He's definitely not as bad of a defender as advertised and yes White is overrated defensively, but him getting lit up might also be cause he's not a 100%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Demar didn’t have a sub-zero bball IQ, Spurs could be winning. Demar just makes dumb mistakes, fouls, untimely technical that swings the momentum. He’s just NOT a smart player imo. Each of the big 3 knew how to win, as Manu and TP led championships outside of Spurs. Demar doesn’t have that. Worst Aldridge is a pedestrian collecting stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is trash... But even trash can taste good to some ppl if they eat it... Yet, is it healthy to do so?

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish I could like this 1000 times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Pop can't fix the ingrained MO of DDR. He has 9 years of bad defensive habits that need to be broken - not gonna happen.

The run around the perimeter and shooting three pointers style is so in vogue and the league has so many more good long range shooters, the mid-range game from your TWO "best" players along with Murray's lack of range is just a recipe for losing games right now.

A total rebuild is really necessary at the moment. I think even the Coaching Staff and Front Office will acknowledge this very soon publicly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at DeRozan's playoff advanced stats-- he has NEVER had a positive overall impact in six tries. Not even close. When an opposing team has the opportunity to focus on and attack his weak spots, it always works. Anyone who thinks it will somehow miraculously change now is just buying fool's gold.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...derozde01.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information