My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very symbolic of how Tony carried the team for a decade. Can you imagine a Spurs team with Parker losing 6 in a row? Good thing Dejonte is back this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really hoping hachimura scores 40 points and the wizards win by 20+. maybe PATFO should’ve traded up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very symbolic of how Tony carried the team for a decade. Can you imagine a Spurs team with Parker losing 6 in a row? Good thing Dejonte is back this season.
    They actually did lose 6 in a row in 2011.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares about facts? Let them have their narrative... The same Parker that was benched for speedy Claxton because he couldn't cut it in the finals

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares about facts? Let them have their narrative... The same Parker that was benched for speedy Claxton because he couldn't cut it in the finals
    It's funny that you mentioned those Finals after I just watched Game 1 last night. That series is impossible to forget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think Spurs have the personnel to win. Just stubborn Pop with insisting on Mills/Forbes/Beli.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol true true

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think Spurs have the personnel to win. Just stubborn Pop with insisting on Mills/Forbes/Beli.
    Mills should get the most minutes out of those three because he is playing well by his standards. But your overall point is so true. There is a good team in here but the starting lineup is a failure, and I mainly blame LMA and DD, and then Pop for not making adjustments when they are needed. The data is in Pop. Sample size isn’t small. Start Caroll. Something. Anything. Throw a dart on the wall. .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bad...7

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol benched. You realize there is such a thing as second string players right? It’s not like Claxton ever started in a game and it’s not like he ever played more minutes than Parker in a game. And obviously he didn’t even come close to his production.

2003 NBA Finals:

Parker - 14/4/3
    Claxton - 6/2/1

I will admit that Claxton was almost half as productive as Parker those Finals.
    Last edited by SASdynasty!; 11-20-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Clearly it's a sign from the basketball gods that Porker wasn't good enough to warrant a jersey retirement.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly it's a sign from the basketball gods that Porker wasn't good enough to warrant a jersey retirement.
    It is pathetic that he ended his career on the Hornets while the other Spur legends(David, Tim, Manu) all retired on the team that drafted them. And all because Tony didn't want to come off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is pathetic that he ended his career on the Hornets while the other Spur legends(David, Tim, Manu) all retired on the team that drafted them. And all because Tony didn't want to come off the bench.
    And he was wrong too, his career was indeed over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya, I still can't believe he didn't take a mentor role with the Spurs at the end of the bench. He opted to join an East lottery team for a guaranteed rotation spot, only to ultimately get benched as the Hornets made their final attempt at a playoff run

There's also always going to be the possibility that he's the reason Kawhi killed the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, those guys were never 3rd stringers (especially to scrub PGs like Mills & Murray). I can understand Tim never going to the bench (even when he was pathetic in the playoffs his last season).

Even with the Hornets, Tony averaged 10/4/2 on 46% (on 17 MPG).

Manu couldn’t put up those numbers in any of his last 3 seasons with the Spurs, and played more minutes every time. But for some strange reason Pop wanted to put Tony on the end of the bench (or send him down to the D/G League again).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson still hates that man we called him Enrique for a reason

“I don’t have a reason to talk to Tony Parker and I don’t want to talk to Tony Parker,” Jackson said. “My beef with Tony Parker is a basketball beef. I didn’t like the teammate he was. Tony would look me off on purpose. I don’t want to disrespect him as a man but I had a problem with him on the court.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson still hates that man we called him Enrique for a reason
    I remember the OKC game that Jackson got mad at Parker for being selfish: 2012 G6. He was mad because Parker had 29 points.

What everyone forgets is that Parker also had 12 assists. The second-most on the team was 2. Jackson had 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bad...8

Thread Information