Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U can't be serious... Dipo was considered a bust... Don't try to rewrite history... That's why the magic traded him in the first place... Literally everyone was looking at the trade as being lopsided...
    no doubt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a bust that GM Presti gave a $90 mil contract extension?

Like I said, their offer was wayyyy better than anything the Spurs could have offered.
    U do know bad contracts exist? Since when does a player getting money always equate to him being good? Lololol...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U do know bad contracts exist? Since when does a player getting money always equate to him being good? Lololol...
    Bad contracts are being salary dumped in the NBA. Apparently NBA GMs didn't think his was a bad one, unlike ST knowitalls.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlikely to be true, but considering what he was traded for the Spurs had 0 chance to make a compe ive offer.
    Really??...here's the direct quote from George himself...“I wanted to be traded to San Antonio,” George says. “We wanted to go to San Antonio first, and we didn’t make that happen.” – via Ohm Youngmisuk @ ESPN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the time everyone thought the thunder fleeced indy by trading dipo. he wasn’t a bust but he definitely hadn’t lived up to his draft hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really??...here's the direct quote from George himself...“I wanted to be traded to San Antonio,” George says. “We wanted to go to San Antonio first, and we didn’t make that happen.” – via Ohm Youngmisuk @ ESPN
    Ehh I guess I'm the sniffer on shift today.

Unlikely in the sense it was ever really a serious possibility due to the Spurs lacking assets ( and Pacers probably never doing business with Spurs after the snake's trade ). Obviously, we can't know what players have said privately and whether George is talking out of his ass now, but LeBron, for example, has said multiple times he wants to play for Pop and people don't take it at face value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an interesting development... this easily could have played a role in the beginning of the sour relationship between Kawhi & the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an interesting development... this easily could have played a role in the beginning of the sour relationship between Kawhi & the Spurs.
    definitely not, apo. The sourness started when the Spurs were struggling to stay in playoff contention, needing Kawhi to either come back, or declare himself out for the year. Instead, he became a little when he was supposed to be the franchise leader (like he was in 2017).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Making the playoffs 20 years in a row is going to drain your assets, tbh.
    so does committing 100 mil to patty and pau

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is nothing. Players “say” that all the time but never really want it. Not to mention, it would have taken like 4 first round picks and likely still would have been a rental.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George and Number Two would have both forced their way out anyway. I guess the Spurs could have had a haul of draft picks, but they would have had to give up a bunch to get George in the first place.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George and Number Two would have both forced their way out anyway. I guess the Spurs could have had a haul of draft picks, but they would have had to give up a bunch to get George in the first place.
    This...does anyone seriously doubt that either of these two wanted to be in SoCal more than they wanted to be on any particular team? That was the ultimate destination and they were gonna get there by hook or by crook (in nephew's case by crook, as in crooked, as in fraudulent underhanded means of getting what you really want and screwing your former team in the process)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine believing a word either of these ers ever say. Kawhi and PG are both pathological liars. This self-hatred train of rhetoric is absurd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Making the playoffs 20 years in a row is going to drain your assets, tbh.
    Should have traded Aldridge, tbh. Specially considering he wanted to be traded back around that time. And don't come at me with some "Pacers wouldn't have wanted Aldridge" bull . Trading a disgruntled star for an all-NBA caliber player plus a top prospect (Murray) and a first round pick would have been more than enough to get George. I mean, the Spurs got a lot less when they traded away a much superior player in Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Savage!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo.

Didn't want playoff ghost PG nor his banana boat Kobme Lite at ude, but if it was Pops Pets Patty n Pau or him.....no brainer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is nothing. Players “say” that all the time but never really want it. Not to mention, it would have taken like 4 first round picks and likely still would have been a rental.
    Where are you getting this logic from? I don't recall the Thunder giving the Pacers 4 picks, tbh. In fact, did they even gave them one? I don't think they did, tbh.

And George resigned with the Thunder. If he did there, chances are he would resigned with the Spurs too.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs should've made this happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are you getting this logic from? I don't recall the Thunder giving the Pacers 4 picks, tbh. In fact, did they even gave them one? I don't think they did, tbh.

And George resigned with the Thunder. If he did there, chances are he would resigned with the Spurs too.
    The logic stems from the Spurs having no Dipo or Sabonis - so in order to compete with a package like that, it would have to be very pick heavy. And considering the Spurs are always a playoff team and those two were lottery picks, it would take numerous mediocre firsts to even compete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we could of had luka,pg,cp3 and melo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was reported at the time. They did not want Aldridge, who came off his career worst season, an atrocious performance against GSW, and was generally viewed as a "pouter" by all sides.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George said his trade to Clippers was mutual.....Presti said it wasn't.....PG is yanking our chain.....screw him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pau deal was money well spent. Just look at the banners he's been a big part of adding to the ceiling (of the Staples Center).

Thread Information