Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m disappointed in Murray too, but I can’t put any stock into anything that is happening right now under Pop. It’s all just such a mess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m disappointed in Murray too, but I can’t put any stock into anything that is happening right now under Pop. It’s all just such a mess.
    It starts and ends with the roster. That seems pretty obvious at this point. Yet there's a notion that playing Lonnie Walker will make a difference, LOL.
    When spazz-child Walker is your savior you've got nowhere else to go but down, down, down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It starts and ends with the roster. That seems pretty obvious at this point. Yet there's a notion that playing Lonnie Walker will make a difference, LOL.
    When spazz-child Walker is your savior you've got nowhere else to go but down, down, down.
    There isn't any "saviour" on the roster or in the pipeline. The issue is people want to see him either sink or swim on the court instead of watching Marco throw up bricks and play terrible defense.

The kid might not be ready, but we won't find out unless he's given even token minutes to try. What point is it in drafting all these "steals" in the draft if they lose out on opportunities because of washed up vets (Marco) or low ceiling, overachieving types (Bryn)?
    Last edited by J_Paco; 11-21-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's scary that Dejounte Murray is supposed to be the bright spot for the future for this team. His ceiling is an elite role player, at best(which is great considering where he was drafted).

Hopefully the Spurs find some real talent in the lottery this year, somebody to build around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's scary that Dejounte Murray is supposed to be the bright spot for the future for this team. His ceiling is an elite role player, at best(which is great considering where he was drafted).

Hopefully the Spurs find some real talent in the lottery this year, somebody to build around.
    Harlem heat sighting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if u guys are accustomed to watching basketball... The dude is a young player... Even vets make silly mistakes... He simply isn't being put in a position to thrive... That's not on him... Do u expect him to be perfect every game? No! Some games he will be trash... Even prime Timmy had games where he was trash... It happens... But the objective is to build a system around ur most promising player... We aren't doing that, but expect Murray to show us greatness

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly think Murray isn't that good. I mean, he's NBA level talent. But he's no superstar. I don't know if he is a point guard in the NBA, though. Sure, he has the physical tools to be a good defender and rebounder for his size, but he's either a shooting guard that can't shoot or a point guard that can't pass. He's certainly not someone to build around and he will never be an all-star. He's serviceable, but the Spurs need to infuse with lottery talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly think Murray isn't that good. I mean, he's NBA level talent. But he's no superstar. I don't know if he is a point guard in the NBA, though. Sure, he has the physical tools to be a good defender and rebounder for his size, but he's either a shooting guard that can't shoot or a point guard that can't pass. He's certainly not someone to build around and he will never be an all-star. He's serviceable, but the Spurs need to infuse with lottery talent.
    Funny how ppl said the same thing about Oladipo until he was put in a position where he could thrive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how ppl said the same thing about Oladipo until he was put in a position where he could thrive
    Oladipo showed more than Murray. Oladipo was a lottery pick. Murray struggles to make the right pass on a fast break. That's point guard 101. I don't know if I ever saw Parker turn the ball over on a fast break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oladipo showed more than Murray. Oladipo was a lottery pick. Murray struggles to make the right pass on a fast break. That's point guard 101. I don't know if I ever saw Parker turn the ball over on a fast break.
    U haven't watched much spurs basketball if u have never seen Parker turn it over on a break... And is that the standard for all of our point guards? A hall of fame? So any PG not as good as Parker isn't good enough? Oladipo was considered a bust... Ppl though he would never be an all star

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Couldn't you say those exact things about all the lottery bound teams (minus Portland if they don't have a turnaround)?

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that our current group of young players are destined for the HOF, except for FKLA and his hard - on for White.

They are good building blocks or complimentary pieces if they develop and are cultivated properly. The team will obviously need to find one or two superstar level players for these young guys to play off of.

He currently isn't on the team....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Not impressed. Too bad the Spurs bet the farm on this guy.
    Too me he is your proto-typical pickup game/street baller .. He would 1st picked when picking teams. I hope i am wrong, but i think he for the most part has already reached his ceiling..
    We forget he has been in the league now for 3 seasons. Most analysts say players are who they are by there 3rd yr in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't help that D2K5 keeps lying about DJM's age to justify him still being a prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not the reason he passes wide open shots and can't hit a J. The whole starting line-up is putting everyone in a difficult position but let's not make excuses where there's no need.

Murray has to improve his PnR play, general playmaking, aggression, transition offense, limit careless turnovers and learn to drive and kick. At least a few of those before he can lead anyone to anything. Hopefully he can improve and become a star, but it's up to him. No one is holding him back.
    He's a pg without any legitimate pg skills. He has no feel for the game. It's as awkward as watching derozan run the show
    While I thinks way too early to draw conclusions on a 22 year old coming off a year out from injury there are some concerning signs, Jump-shot still looks wonky, and obvious feel for the game.
    He reminds me a bit of Antonio Daniels- never quite got the point guard thing
    I'm not sure you can really make some one into a point guard by the time they become a pro. Maybe Tony was an exception, but he always had good instincts form the beginning.

Not ready to give up, but concerned.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This forum is so toxic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too me he is your proto-typical pickup game/street baller .. He would 1st picked when picking teams. I hope i am wrong, but i think he for the most part has already reached his ceiling..
    We forget he has been in the league now for 3 seasons. Most analysts say players are who they are by there 3rd yr in the league.
    My god, the comments you gotta read. 23yo already reached his ceiling, lol. Counts 3y in the league when an entire one was lost to injury. Are we seriously pretending DJ in his current form, not even 15 games back into pro basketball after being removed from the court for so long, is a finished product? What's that about players "being who they are" lol? Siakam, Giannis and so many other players would like a word.... Not to mention players who reshape their game later on in their careers like Blake Griffin, previous non-shooter turned serious threat from deep. Just awful comment all around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have win-now youth. Not meaning a le, but in terms of blowing it up, if you get a top pick for a year or two, they should not be some bottom dweller for too long because the talent is young enough (not prospects, but young) and talented enough to win some games with an infusion of real prospects and some key free agents.

Going to have to build the team more modern with lots of switch ability and faster paced with shooting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still see s om in Murray’s future. He’s had spurts where he’s looked electric with his speed and length. He’s not a finished product so a little patience is needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't play and entire season... He barely played in the ones where he was healthy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldn't you say those exact things about all the lottery bound teams (minus Portland if they don't have a turnaround)?

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that our current group of young players are destined for the HOF, except for FKLA and his hard - on for White.

They are good building blocks or complimentary pieces if they develop and are cultivated properly. The team will obviously need to find one or two superstar level players for these young guys to play off of.

He currently isn't on the team....
    Don't think so. In the West, I'd take Ja Morant/Jackson, Zion, SGA, etc over Murray and it's not even close. The Warriors are going to bottom-out and add a top 5 pick to Curry/Klay, as well.

Again, not an indictment on the Spurs, the teams I mentioned were picking high in the lottery or blowing their team up, so they had a better opportunity to acquire prospects with higher upside.

This season is crucial for the Spurs to get a high lottery pick, but the roster isn't bad enough for that(unless they blow it up) IMO.

Hopefully Murray focuses on being a super role player/4th best player utility guy like a guard version of Draymond, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My god, the comments you gotta read. 23yo already reached his ceiling, lol. Counts 3y in the league when an entire one was lost to injury. Are we seriously pretending DJ in his current form, not even 15 games back into pro basketball after being removed from the court for so long, is a finished product? What's that about players "being who they are" lol? Siakam, Giannis and so many other players would like a word.... Not to mention players who reshape their game later on in their careers like Blake Griffin, previous non-shooter turned serious threat from deep. Just awful comment all around.
    Okay following your reasoning and mine, How much time(seasons gone by before you say he reached his ceiling)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't play and entire season... He barely played in the ones where he was healthy
    I pose the same question to you..

How much time(seasons gone by before you say he reached his ceiling)? -- I said year 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think so. In the West, I'd take Ja Morant/Jackson, Zion, SGA, etc over Murray and it's not even close. The Warriors are going to bottom-out and add a top 5 pick to Curry/Klay, as well.

Again, not an indictment on the Spurs, the teams I mentioned were picking high in the lottery or blowing their team up, so they had a better opportunity to acquire prospects with higher upside.

This season is crucial for the Spurs to get a high lottery pick, but the roster isn't bad enough for that(unless they blow it up) IMO.

Hopefully Murray focuses on being a super role player/4th best player utility guy like a guard version of Draymond, etc.
    I think that is an apt description for Murray and would be huge. You have to land a Curry/Harden through the draft, but if you already have a Draymond (Murray) and other good pieces (White and hopefully Lonnie) you can be a compe ive team. But in order to be a legit contender you have to likely get multiple top 10 picks, nail them all and/or have someone like Bron bail your a**out like he did LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This forum is so toxic
    It is pretty toxic sometimes, but having been a member of here and RealGM for years, I'm taking this place over that easily. I'd much rather have to ignore assholes and trolls than be forced to obey stupid rules and conventions. An ignore list goes a long way here, but there's no such out for the there.

Thread Information