Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly think that LMA and DDR are holding him back from being as good as he can be because their playstyle doesn't promote ball movement, and they aren't good options to run with on a break...

But the largest reason is because Murray simply defers to them while on the court because of their temperament... That's why young Parker and ginobili could grow into the players they are... Duncan never pouted or got depressed when someone else was the focus... He still played elite defense and did anything to win

So Murray is very capable of pushing the envelope and being super aggressive... But at the moment he is -bent on appeasing them... What he doesn't realize is that's how u can get the average or scrub label quick

Trade those guys and have a team around Murray that will fit into this era... Guys that won't get in their feelings when Murray takes over games and is seen as the man in San Antonio...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes when u have a promising player... U have to build around then to unleash their true potential... It is happening right now with LaMar Jackson in the NFL...

It happened with Giannis... If Nash stayed Dallas, he would have ended his career as a decent point guard... He went into a situation where the team was built around him, and he ended up a hall of famer...

DJ is our most promising player... Let's build around him... It's clear LMA and DDR won't take us past the first round... Let's stop wasting time... (I hope Pop doesn't see this, or he will extend the both of them)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not the reason he passes wide open shots and can't hit a J. The whole starting line-up is putting everyone in a difficult position but let's not make excuses where there's no need.

Murray has to improve his PnR play, general playmaking, aggression, transition offense, limit careless turnovers and learn to drive and kick. At least a few of those before he can lead anyone to anything. Hopefully he can improve and become a star, but it's up to him. No one is holding him back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not the reason he passes wide open shots and can't hit a J. The whole starting line-up is putting everyone in a difficult position but let's not make excuses where there's no need.

Murray has to improve his PnR play, general playmaking, aggression, transition offense, limit careless turnovers and learn to drive and kick. At least a few of those before he can lead anyone to anything. Hopefully he can improve and become a star, but it's up to him. No one is holding him back.
    Huh? A team can't hold back a player from fulfilling their potential? Lmfao! Ok... First off... Wrong... Like I said there are tons of players who got better when they had a different situation around them... Oladipo is another one... Murray can get a better shot, but we aren't putting him in a position to maximize the things that he CAN do decently... His lack of aggression has to do with him not wanting to play with two emotional dudes who get in their feelings and can't function on a basketball court when they don't get the ball

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This, Murray just lacks skillset and that doesn't have any relation to DDR or LMA, stop trying to bail him out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? A team can't hold back a player from fulfilling their potential? Lmfao! Ok... First off... Wrong... Like I said there are tons of players who got better when they had a different situation around them... Oladipo is another one... Murray can get a better shot, but we aren't putting him in a position to maximize the things that he CAN do decently... His lack of aggression has to do with him not wanting to play with two emotional dudes who get in their feelings and can't function on a basketball court when they don't get the ball
    Well he sure ain't doing a good job of giving them the ball in good positions, or playmaking, or running the PnR, or providing spacing, or ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it funny how u guys love to give the coaches credit for players becoming really good, but say it's only the players fault when they aren't... If u can acknowledge coaches can affect them positively, you have to admit they can affect them negatively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it funny how u guys love to give the coaches credit for players becoming really good, but say it's only the players fault when they aren't... If u can acknowledge coaches can affect them positively, you have to admit they can affect them negatively
    It's discussed a million times how the starting line-up doesn't work so it's not like coaching isn't criticized. Same for weird rotations and stuff. Regardless if it's player development or being in a position to succeed it's a two-way street - coaching and player. Don't bail a player out. Perhaps coaches believed in his supposedly improved jump shot that's nowhere to be seen? Murray lacks a lot of skills currently. He doesn't need to be absolved of responsibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's discussed a million times how the starting line-up doesn't work so it's not like coaching isn't criticized. Same for weird rotations and stuff. Regardless if it's player development or being in a position to succeed it's a two-way street - coaching and player. Don't bail a player out. Perhaps coaches believed in his supposedly improved jump shot that's nowhere to be seen? Murray lacks a lot of skills currently. He doesn't need to be absolved of responsibility.
    Until then, why keep him in a position where he can't operate with his current skill set? That way we can actually be winning while our young players grow instead of losing while they are stunted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until then, why keep him in a position where he can't operate with his current skill set? That way we can actually be winning while our young players grow instead of losing while they are stunted
    Probably because he's as much a part of the starting 5 problem as everyone else and shouldn't be pampered, but instead should work to improve his game, which he desperately needs to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because he's as much a part of the starting 5 problem as everyone else and shouldn't be pampered, but instead should work to improve his game, which he desperately needs to do.
    By all metrics, Murray is one of our best players... He definitely isn't the problem with the starting 5...LMFAO! matter if fact, he is the best player in the starting 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's like saying Giannis can't shoot, so let's not build a team around him until he learns to shoot... Lmfao! You ppl are golden

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good debate. Murray started off the first few games playing fantastically well. I hope he didn’t drop off because he just got his extension. I put the issue more with Demar because at least I have seen Lamarcus play well around others on the Spurs team.

I think the larger issue is that no one knows who the leader of the team is. I think Murray is starting over white because Pop likes his at ude and sees him more of a leader than White. But the team seems to follow Demar’s lead, or lack there of too often, and I think that is the problem, even more than Forbes being an advanced-statistics mediocre player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By all metrics, Murray is one of our best players... He definitely isn't the problem with the starting 5...LMFAO! matter if fact, he is the best player in the starting 5
    By which metrics is he the best player in the starting five then?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed Murray would excel on a fast pace team with other athletes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By which metrics is he the best player in the starting five then?
    Who is, if not Murray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him, but he cannot finish at the bucket. He needs to control his attacks at the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him, but he cannot finish at the bucket. He needs to control his attacks at the rim.
    Pointing out the flaws in a 22 year old doesn't mean that he doesn't have the potential to be great, and that the team should build around him... If the ravens had yall mentality, Lamar Jackson wouldn't be an MVP candidate... U can't shove a pegbinto a square hole and be mad at the peg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude needs to shoot jumpers. I don’t care if he misses them tbh. Kobe missed thousands. But he needs to take them

I think it’s LMA that needs to go for DJ to blossom. Hypothetically DDR could play uptempo and could get Murray open shots by driving and kicking. LMA does nothing for Murray. Pop needs to stagger more minutes of LMA and White together.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a pg without any legitimate pg skills. He has no feel for the game. It's as awkward as watching derozan run the show

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -21 tonight. Scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a pg without any legitimate pg skills. He has no feel for the game. It's as awkward as watching derozan run the show
    Just an ironic way of saying he is no PG.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an ironic way of saying he is no PG.
    Brogdon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha! Now I am triggered!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Not impressed. Too bad the Spurs bet the farm on this guy.

Thread Information