Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but not enough to win. The Spurs should look for picks and expiring contracts to start rebuilding
    On the surface that seems reasonable but when you add in that SA can’t get big time players to come to SA in free agency and the fact that the front offices draft strategy/analysis is atrocious...that changes things a lot.

the money that you’ll have available from expiring contracts will just go to a bunch of role players and your draft picks will be 6’2” and under SGs or foreign players that will be draft and stash or playing in Austin. That doesn’t seem like a bright future.

You can rebuild by acquiring talent through trades. With our current front office, that might night work either but the odds sure as are a lot better than panhandling for stars in FA and acquiring players for Austin in the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the surface that seems reasonable but when you add in that SA can’t get big time players to come to SA in free agency and the fact that the front offices draft strategy/analysis is atrocious...that changes things a lot.

the money that you’ll have available from expiring contracts will just go to a bunch of role players and your draft picks will be 6’2” and under SGs or foreign players that will be draft and stash or playing in Austin. That doesn’t seem like a bright future.

You can rebuild by acquiring talent through trades. With our current front office, that might night work either but the odds sure as are a lot better than panhandling for stars in FA and acquiring players for Austin in the draft.

Agree about the fa's but the draft is the Last thing the FO did pretty well last years so having picks could be interesting for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think LA is gone..dude just does not look like he caring much, DD idk about him.
    That's because DD is playing for his next contract and LMA was extended.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    On the surface that seems reasonable but when you add in that SA can’t get big time players to come to SA in free agency .
    there is a simple fix for that & its easy.........move the team to austin & the free agent problem disappears forever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs definitely won't trade Mills no matter what. I don't think they'll trade Forbes either, but who knows. They might just be that dumb to trade Lonnie, Keldon, White or Murray. RC just needs some whisky.

While they are at it they should trade the coach too, I take an unproven college coach or a lesbian ex-WNBA player instead any day
    RC has nothing to do with this anymore...allegedly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank u lord i dont believe in god but if they r both off the team before trade deadline i will attend church for the first time in 23 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but not enough to win. The Spurs should look for picks and expiring contracts to start rebuilding
    You can do both. Spurs have been doing that for the past few years. Remaining a playoff team (even if the ceiling was low) while getting younger: Murray, Lonnie, White, Luka, Keldon, Jakob,...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to beat the 76ers because they are due a win as even crappy teams get improbable wins. But once they win against a "good" team, the chat will be that everything is fine. Trade rumors swirl when teams are losing, but it's quelled when they get a win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is a simple fix for that & its easy.........move the team to austin & the free agent problem disappears forever
    Have you been to Austin? It's like a dirtier version of SA with homeless people everywhere. Not more appealing at all imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you been to Austin? It's like a dirtier version of SA with homeless people everywhere. Not more appealing at all imo
    no and I love SA

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FINALLY. I hope that rumors are true. Better later than never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can do both. Spurs have been doing that for the past few years. Remaining a playoff team (even if the ceiling was low) while getting younger: Murray, Lonnie, White, Luka, Keldon, Jakob,...
    The young guys aren't playing... Wats the point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The young guys aren't playing... Wats the point?
    I know that now; but if some players get removed, it forces that..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that now; but if some players get removed, it forces that..
    Exactly!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do would the Heat be willing to give up (realistically) for either of those two?

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article237633554.html

Here’s why the Spurs bear monitoring if Heat pursues a move

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This probably fits best here. The source reeks of lacking reputability, but I believe the handle was NBA rehab and it claims the Hawks and Knicks are interested in DeRozan and that the former has promised Young that they'd get him some help.

If true, Parsons (expiring) and Reddish works. The latter is shooting at a historically awful rate to begin his career, but he's 19, less than 500 minutes into his career and looks the part of the ideal, modern "SF" (and his stroke wasn't thought to be an issue entering the league).

They probably can't get a better prospect in a trade. The one possibility is the Pistons protected 1st, which could be used as a vehicle, along with their own and possibly a young player, to move up to the mid lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This probably fits best here. The source reeks of lacking reputability, but I believe the handle was NBA rehab and it claims the Hawks and Knicks are interested in DeRozan and that the former has promised Young that they'd get him some help.

If true, Parsons (expiring) and Reddish works. The latter is shooting at a historically awful rate to begin his career, but he's 19, less than 500 minutes into his career and looks the part of the ideal, modern "SF" (and his stroke wasn't thought to be an issue entering the league).

They probably can't get a better prospect in a trade. The one possibility is the Pistons protected 1st, which could be used as a vehicle, along with their own and possibly a young player, to move up to the mid lottery.
    I would not give up DeMar for Reddish, but I would do a LaMarcus for Parson's, Reddish and a 1st round draft pick in a heartbeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "Geek" sites like The Stepien and Tankathon weren't very high on Reddish. He's got a pretty high chance of flopping. He didn't shoot well, only 33% from the shorter college 3 arc, and his FT% (~78%) didn't foreshadow much improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "Geek" sites like The Stepien and Tankathon weren't very high on Reddish. He's got a pretty high chance of flopping. He didn't shoot well, only 33% from the shorter college 3 arc, and his FT% (~78%) didn't foreshadow much improvement.
    He is already a solid NBA defender, and if the Spurs could clean up his shot selection and improve his 3pt shot, I think he will b3 a 3 & D guy for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL isn't that dumb. They're building on the Warriors blueprint.

Casey in DET makes the most sense i'd say.
    Wright worked there as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That reddish kid is having an all time worst shooting season in his rookie year and looks like the worst starter in the entire league. I know he's young but not sure I'd be interested in offloading our "best" player for some likely bust

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not give up DeMar for Reddish, but I would do a LaMarcus for Parson's, Reddish and a 1st round draft pick in a heartbeat.
    DeRozan isn't worth multiple assets. It's probably either Reddish or the Nets' lottery protected 1st that they own (same thing would apply with what I said about the Pistons pick, although the Nets one is likely to be lower).

The actualized version of Reddish would be an ideal fit, but he definitely has high bust potential, so it really just comes down to weighing the odds of getting a better prospect with a lottery protected 1st or being able to package picks and move up to do so.

Of course, this is if they go more of a re-build route in a hypothetical DeRozan trade, which is probably unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're much more likely to extend Derozan than to trade him in-season tbh. This is an organization still reeling from one of the most lopsided trades in NBA history, they won't think about a "splashy" move for years to come....

Even if Derozan just walks away this summer, I'd consider that a huge win for them even if it means they got nothing out of him. Extending Derozan for any amount would be tantamount to forfeiting the next 5 years in NBA relevance tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is already a solid NBA defender, and if the Spurs could clean up his shot selection and improve his 3pt shot, I think he will b3 a 3 & D guy for us.
    So is Frank Ntilikina, and he's still looking for his shot in year 3. He's never put up a FG% higher than 40% for a season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever happens, don't lose DD for nothing. Extend and then trade if you must, but don't let him walk without getting something...anything.

Thread Information