Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His contract expires at the end of the season, you'd just be trading DeRozan for a 1st round pick and to dump him a year early.
    I'm not enthralled by picks anymore... Pop isn't in a state of mind where he is capable of coaching young players... So it would be a waste of time to draft someone who won't play... There are better teams than us who are playing their first and second round draft picks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not enthralled by picks anymore... Pop isn't in a state of mind where he is capable of coaching young players... So it would be a waste of time to draft someone who won't play... There are better teams than us who are playing their first and second round draft picks
    I don't see any teams giving up a notable asset for DeRozan IMO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is very odd that Walker is not playing. You could argue he has the most tools out of anyone on the roster. Pop purposely holding him out to me signals that DDR’s days are numbered and perhaps LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any teams giving up a notable asset for DeRozan IMO.
    I don't necessarily want a star... I want a young player that fits in with this era of basketball... Someone like OG from the raptors comes to mind... The raptors DEFINITELY don't want DDR, so they won't make that trade, but I'm talking about that caliber of player... May never make an all star team, but u can see him as a role player that has positive impact... Teams have traded for worse players... At this point getting rid of DDR is addition by subtraction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of our best player, the only player averaging over 20ppg. More points than White and Murray combined, while shooting the best percentage in the team. While also being the most healthiest last season, played the most minutes this season. And the Spurs would be better without him in an addition by subtraction? Please stop this nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of our best player, the only player averaging over 20ppg. More points than White and Murray combined, while shooting the best percentage in the team. While also being the most healthiest last season, played the most minutes this season. And the Spurs would be better without him in an addition by subtraction? Please stop this nonsense.

Were not winning games anyway so whats the difference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were not winning games anyway so whats the difference
    Well it depends on the Spurs short term and long term goals. If DD and Spurs can't agree on a deal, then we should absolutely trade him. But just getting rid of him and thinking we'll get better just won't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it depends on the Spurs short term and long term goals. If DD and Spurs can't agree on a deal, then we should absolutely trade him. But just getting rid of him and thinking we'll get better just won't happen.
    Well, statistically speaking, yes. Despite all those things you mentioned, the team is better with him off the floor than on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, statistically speaking, yes. Despite all those things you mentioned, the team is better with him off the floor than on it.
    Leave him... He is comfortable with is being the Toronto of the west... Lose every year, but keep the guy responsible for u losing because he has great stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the team is better with Beli on the floor than not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's only because we have a good bench, in other words move DeMar to the bench unit and we are better with him on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is such an enigma. So good and so bad at the same time.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hammer dont hurt em

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spill the beans Mo, what do you know?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think everyone knows who DeRozan is and for a lot of teams with a better build for his game, he would be big in making a playoff push. He’s still a good player.

Put him in a SL without Bryn Forbes, and he's a much more valuable piece. A team can't help on defense if they're already playing 4-on-5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was Lonnies reply to a tweet saying he has been ready to play for three years and Lonnie basically agreeing with the person with the tweeter.

Looks like Lonnie is not happy but says the right things to the media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heres the tweet

https://twitter.com/TexasSRoundups/s...690305536?s=19

It was Lonnies reply to a tweet saying he has been ready to play for three years and Lonnie basically agreeing with the person with the tweeter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heres the tweet

https://twitter.com/TexasSRoundups/s...690305536?s=19

Thanks Dejounte. I am not savvy when it comes to posting tweets.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie not playing is pure criminal. I fully expect him to be in the rotation sometime this year despite Pops mind games with young players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie sees all the kids on his block playing football outside while he’s stuck inside because his old grandpa he lives with thinks Lonnie still doesn’t respect him enough. He hasn’t earned playing outside with the neighborhood kids because he doesn’t say yes sir no sir after every question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s time to put in the player who runs the fastest and jumps the highest and let the world see if he is ready.
    If he flops then everybody will know.
    Pop is weird for not running Walker out when it is so obvious that Spurs need an infusion of athleticism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the Spurs biggest needs are defense and three point shooting. I don't know if Walker solves any of those two problems. He's athletic, quick, and obviously can get to the basket, but that doesn't fix two of the major problems the Spurs have. However, that still doesn't justify Belinelli getting more playing time than Walker. If Belinelli were shooting lights out from downtown then I could see him getting more playing time than Walker, but that's simply not the case right now.

Not sure why he isn't getting at the very least 8-12 minutes per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put him in a SL without Bryn Forbes, and he's a much more valuable piece. A team can't help on defense if they're already playing 4-on-5.
    Whether or not Forbes is in the SL, Dumbmar still fits poorly with Dijon and LMA on the offensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the Spurs biggest needs are defense and three point shooting. I don't know if Walker solves any of those two problems. He's athletic, quick, and obviously can get to the basket, but that doesn't fix two of the major problems the Spurs have. However, that still doesn't justify Belinelli getting more playing time than Walker. If Belinelli were shooting lights out from downtown then I could see him getting more playing time than Walker, but that's simply not the case right now.

Not sure why he isn't getting at the very least 8-12 minutes per game.
    If he responded to someone on Twitter who said that he should be playing more, that's why. Dedmon retweeted something similar early in his year here, vis a vis he and Gasol, and not only got sat down, he ultimately got run out of town.

Thread Information