Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans...without him, the 3's aren't there and floor spacing is affected. What a horrible trade that backfired and then getting nothing out of Carroll. They need to try to get that spacing and 3 point shooting back somehow.

Murray...better defensive presence, but a step back offensively.

Pop is trying lineup changes but before long it's just gonna be time to blow this thing up. Especially if injuries start to mount and the team starts tuning Pop out at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same team with no real improvement internally

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because when you're not getting better you're getting worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had obvious roster flaws last year but because they took Denver to 7 games they felt they could mostly stand pat. And I’m considering the Morris burn too, I’m not convinced having him commit would have made this team significantly better. At the end of the day, they still have two star players that don’t make winning plays and overplay a bunch of vets that mostly should have been traded last year.

So much changes need to be made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is healthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defensive schemes look wrong. Giving away way to many baseline shots, both in the corner and dunks. Then teams can just rise above Mills and Forbes and essentially shoot an uncontested 3. For some reason we see unable to come up with team oriented defensive schemes and live with poor individual talents. And perhaps Pop just doesn't care and is just blaming the game has evolved in this boring style. He sees a guard simply shoot over Forbes and thinks its just impossible to defend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has gone off the deep end

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats worse? Popovich’s coaching USA Basketball this summer or Popovich’s coaching of the Spurs so far this season?

We have a healthy team with 2 all star players and arguably one of the worst teams in the league. That’s poor coaching and roster management/construction. Both of those result from Popovich’s role. He’s to blame.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick and Dejounte have played 7 minutes together all season. Explain that insanity while Belli, Mills, Forbes are eating minutes. Lonnie and Carroll have played practically nothing. It’s insane

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    The coaching staff is worse. Messina left to coach in Europe and Udoka went to the Sixers. Their replacements are a newbie from the video room and an ex player in Duncan. Becky's one of Pop's yes men, so she's irrelevant too.

Aldridge is a year older and definitely looks like the decline is setting in - his total rebound percentage is the lowest of his career. Compare that to last season when it was the 4th highest in his career. Not to mention his 56 point game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA not playing physical.

DeRozan not playing smart.

Dejounte not really an improvement.

White regressing.

Jakob regressing.

Lonnie not making the leap.

Beli actually worse.

Davis gone.

The word is out to exploit Forbes on defense.

Coaching staff turnover.

Also, we've lost a lot of close games. Last year we may have over performed, this year under performed, but all-in-all the quality may be closer than it seems, just yielding different results.
    Last edited by BillMc; 11-21-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray first of all...
    The fact he's not shooting threes and making terrible mistakes and games showing no skills as a play maker is really hurting the team...
    Benching White, second...
    The fact that White, after a very good season and a call up for the world cup, has been relegated as a back up point guard in favor of DJM has damaged his confidence...(maybe this has something to do with him playing bad on the internatonal stage...and Pop losing so confidence in him)

When the head of the snake is bad, the snake can't be good...

That said imho the decision of starting DJM has damaged the team confidence big time...simply because at the end of last year they found decent way of playing and White was playing well with LMA giving him the ball in the right spots and so the chance to have the right rythm. The obvious and likely right decision, expecially after the Morris fiasco, should have been to start back from the point of last year play off defeat aka a starting five playoff proven as White, Forbes, DDR, LMA, Poeltl.

still don't understand why the FO decided to go in a different way...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is older

Mills and Marco are older and still getting big minutes

Our "big" offseason acquisition isn't getting serious minutes

The rest of the teams in the league actually made improvements to their rosters in the offseason.

DeRozan is even more averse to threes this season than he was last year...and he's still a low IQ 4th quarter player.

Forbes still starting and chucking with awful defense.

Pop's coaching has taken a step back.

There you go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shorter pre-season has not fully gelled the team together imo. Pop is still tinkering up till now, or not because he insists on the Forbes/Mills/Beli out there. I realize the absence of Davis has negative spacing. But Spurs just scored 132 points, BUT gave up 138. That’s lack of defense, and defense wins ballgames. Pop has not played the best defensive combination, obviously. It’s a puzzle why not. Pop should know best defense wins games.

Murray/Demar/Mills
    White/Forbes
    Caroll/Lonnie/Beli
    Lyles/Gay/Metu
    Aldridge/Poeltl/Eubanks

Make the starting lineup the best defensive stand. All can shoot outside and create spacing for Aldridge. Make Demar play the Manu role and feast on the 2nd unit. Forbes is not forced to guard the starting guard/SF. Avoids the Forbes/Beli/Mills combo. Come on Pop. You got balls to make Demar 6th man?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats worse? Popovich’s coaching USA Basketball this summer or Popovich’s coaching of the Spurs so far this season?

We have a healthy team with 2 all star players and arguably one of the worst teams in the league. That’s poor coaching and roster management/construction. Both of those result from Popovich’s role. He’s to blame.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 2 main reasons why:

1. In-game coaching shockingly regressing. Sadly we may have the worst in-game coaching in the league

2. LMA regressing from top20 player to top100 player. It’s a huge, almost Carmelo-like fall

that's it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nba keeps moving forward and the spurs keep standing in place...

Outdated roster...outdated starts...outdated coaching...outdated schemes...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The coaching staff is worse. Messina left to coach in Europe and Udoka went to the Sixers. Their replacements are a newbie from the video room and an ex player in Duncan. Becky's one of Pop's yes men, so she's irrelevant too.

Aldridge is a year older and definitely looks like the decline is setting in - his total rebound percentage is the lowest of his career. Compare that to last season when it was the 4th highest in his career. Not to mention his 56 point game.
    agreed

we couldn’t keep our coach staff, Tim is not a coach and Becky is just a figure to represent feminism.
    It is not sexist to say that we do not want or need a woman as a coach in this league.

The Spurs can't fire her now because she would be discriminating for being a woman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting Murray is what's best for the team... White isn't as good as u guys are making him out to be... Murray is a game changer, is younger, and has a higher ceiling... I'm not gonna throw away the future so we can start a point guard that has a ceiling of current Brogdon...whole we barely make the playoffs to lose

Spurs are in the top half of the NBA in scoring... All the analytics show that Murray starting isn't the reason we score less... It's Forbes... Forbes lineups has the worst numbers offensively and defensively....

Our main problem is defense... We almost the worst defensive team in the league... We may even be after last night... And all u guys can talk about is Murray's shooting? Giannis could never shoot for ... But they built around him... Simmons is an even worse shooter than Murray and they have a championship ship caliber team because of how they built around him... So spare me the nonsense excuses... Murray is our best player and we surround him with no-heart, no-defense playing, ball hogging losers who check out the game when they don't get touches and expect him to turn into gold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've basically lost two out of our top assistant coaches.. That's a huge loss from last year. Other teams getting better and letting their young guys play (Duncan Robinson being lights out with the Heat, Matt Thomas being a three point ninja at the Raptors) while Lonnie and our rookies warm the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a SPURS Fan since birth so as i say what i am about to say its from a SPURS fan perspective.

I actually find myself hoping they lose, even in last night game vs WIZ i found my self saying 'Man i actually really want them to lose' because my hope is they will reach a point where Coach POP or the front office will be forced to make a change, and any change to the roster at this point will be a step in the right direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's 4 TO's a game doesn't help, last year we averaged 4 less TO's per game.. We dont have a 3 pt game like last year.. Davis B. Helped out alot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No disrespect, but I wonder if the passing of Pop's wife has caused him mental issues. He may be deflecting his pain towards the team and fans and wants everyone to hurt as much as he does.

Thread Information