Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can blame PATFO all we want and within reason but ultimately that self-centered, narcissist, piece of , horrible excuse for a human being (along with his punk ass Uncle) set this franchise back just like that in a prolonging effect that they're left still trying to pick up the pieces. He caused the franchise so much damage that had a massive domino effect and it simply will take a long time to recover from it. No other coach in his position would've handled that any better last year. Of course, Pop needs to get over that and move on. It's one thing for us to still be pissed about what happened. But Pop needs to get better for now, cut his losses and do better with the hand LM dealt him. That means trusting your youth, building them up, not overrelying on Mills, Marco and Forbes (yes, he's young too but he has no business starting). It means getting on DeRozan for his abnormal refusal to take threes or getting on LMA for taking a fadeaway 18 footer when a 5'10 player is on him. And if those so-called veteran leaders have a problem with that, then bench or trade their asses. We could go on. Nevertheless, this whole debacle would not have been possible without LM's actions. That's the unmistakable truth. Kawhi for life, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt kawhi fcked us and now that hes in the west will probably continue to fck us for years.However like you said we need to move on and hope that horrendous trade the spurs made can be forgotten about as well

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pieces surrounding Kawhi were not his fault. His supporting cast is just brutal. Resigning Mills and Gasol was beyond dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pieces surrounding Kawhi were not his fault. His supporting cast is just brutal. Resigning Mills and Gasol was beyond dumb.
    We went to the WCF with those pieces surrounding him and would likely have won the le if not for Zaza Pachulia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading him for a career loser like derozan was unacceptable. Spurstalk literally would've gotten a better deal for him.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We went to the WCF with those pieces surrounding him and would likely have won the le if not for Zaza Pachulia.
    No, we would’ve lost to the warriors. We blew a 25 point lead in just 12 minutes once Kawhi went down.

We annihilated okc in game 1 the year before only to get back foot swept. Game 1 means nothing.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, we would’ve lost to the warriors. We blew a 25 point lead in just 12 minutes once Kawhi went down.

We annihilated okc in game 1 the year before only to get back foot swept. Game 1 means nothing.
    The officiating shenanigans in Game 5 GAVE OKC that series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate how Load Management left, but do you blame him? Wouldn't you rather have Paul George, Lue Williams, and Patrick Beverly over Murray, LMA, and ???? He's in an environment where he has a chance to win. If he were in SA, he'd load manage his way to a 6th seed and never win another le.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I remember right. That year we dominated the warriors in all the regular season games as well as game 1 until the injury. I might be possible that the spurs were just a match up nightmare for them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris was an attempt to recover from that backstabbing prick. We are currently in need of someone that can do what Morris was supposed to provide. I wonder if Carroll isn't our best shot at that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it’s all on PATFO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the year that kawhi could walk away for nothing, and I think he would do so even if the spurs offered the big max. Maybe we trade him after last deadline but are you certain a mopey kawhi rental would get a better package then what we got the year prior?

So no, the team isn't even badly constructed if! some of the good guards would shoot or be smarter. But white is now gimpy , derozan is playing decent but uninspiring, and Lonnie and Murray are still both too raw for what they need to be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it's 100% PATFO's fault, they always had options and most of the time made the wrong decision, patience, but it's the truth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The officiating shenanigans in Game 5 GAVE OKC that series.
    The same thing at the end of Game 2, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it's 100% PATFO's fault, they always had options and most of the time made the wrong decision, patience, but it's the truth.
    That is correct. The only thing Leonard did was take himself away. He did nothing else. Everything else is the responsibility of PATFO.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It means getting on DeRozan for his abnormal refusal to take threes
    I wonder if Pop's telling him not to shoot threes for fear of trying to make him be a player he isn't. Remember when he blamed himself for trying to the The Beautiful Game with Aldridge after he struggled with it his first year here? Could be the same with DeRozan.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate how Load Management left, but do you blame him? Wouldn't you rather have Paul George, Lue Williams, and Patrick Beverly over Murray, LMA, and ???? He's in an environment where he has a chance to win. If he were in SA, he'd load manage his way to a 6th seed and never win another le.
    Yes, I blame him for sitting out the season and forcing a trade while under contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I blame him for sitting out the season and forcing a trade while under contract.

Yep.... not a surprise. He ed everything up. Spurs were building around him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Pop's telling him not to shoot threes for fear of trying to make him be a player he isn't. Remember when he blamed himself for trying to the The Beautiful Game with Aldridge after he struggled with it his first year here? Could be the same with DeRozan.
    Yeah, that sounds about right but I don't agree with that philosophy, not to this extent. 81 field goal attempts in his last five games without a three point attempt is insane for any player today, let alone a guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy wanted to play in LA. Sucks how it went down but I'm not surprised he wanted out of SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.... not a surprise. He ed everything up. Spurs were building around him...
    Lol! They were building around him with what??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol! They were building around him with what??
    with what is up to debate, but he was the center piece ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with what is up to debate, but he was the center piece ...
    The "what" is the important factor here. Imagine being Kawhi and watching them build around him as the centerpiece, as they were. I'd want out too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No we also had Dedmond and Simmons. Who aren’t great players but still offered more in defense and offense than gasol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi would have gone to LA this past off-season anyways. It's all on PATFO for not rebuilding the second Kawhi demanded to be traded. LMA was at his peak value and the Spurs wouldn't have gotten stuck with Derozan. All they did was delay the inevitable and ruin any potential return they could get for those guys now.

Thread Information