Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly never thought I’d see the day where it was pop holding the team back from their potential (regardless of what said potential is) but here we are.

Pop has too much reliance on corporate knowledge and is struggling to adapt because of it. He’s compromised and Brian Wright needs to remove the temptation and force pop to do what’s right.

I believe that if Mills (to a lesser degree since he’s been good), Beli & Forbes weren’t here he’d have the team in the thick of it.

But with them here he won’t make the tough decisions.

And alienating the youth on the heels of Kawhi bolting is scary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Poo is just giving all spurs fans the middle finger for some reason.
    thanks for the grades

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes higher rating than DJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop said he’d win scoring 132, but lose giving up 138. Dude, really? Why then play Mills/Forbes/Beli to outscore the opponent but not play defense? Geez. It’s a f%cking numbskull not to figure out defense wins ballgames. Spurs have better defensive players who are not sniffing the court while Pop rides Mills/Forbes/Beli. Is it a shock treatment to justify a dramatic move? I hope so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team has a leadership problem. Pop can't be the leader, a player has to lead them on the court. When LMA goes for 12 points and is one of the leaders of the team, the team is bound to lose.

Supporting point: take a look at Beal. Dude is ballin out, as the sole leader of a listless team playing through a snakebitten injury to its best player (Wall) who just got a huge contract. Sucks, but he's leading them to any wins they get.

In the post-Duncan era, it seems like Pop is the leader of the team, which is a bad sign. A coach can't hit big buckets or win games. The key players need to step it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much the grade Pop should have gotten last years playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now you want Marco more on the floor???

Didn't he cost us every loss until yesterday?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would any coach put the absolutely worst defender in the whole league (according to a nice diagram I posted yesterday) on Bradley Beal?

okay maybe Pop is old or something but doesn’t he have his coaching staff?

I tend to think more and more that the biggest offseason loss was not Morris or Bertans but Messina. I know many posters hated him here but I watched many of his games in Euroleague live, and if he can do one thing at the top level it’s figuring out defensive matchups and schemes. Maybe if Messina was still here we wouldn’t see so many Forbes on the opponents best player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Timvp explained, All season Beli has not be able to put the ball in the basket and was still giving minutes. Finally he is looking good offensively and he gets bench?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch much of the game but I did watch the most the third and most of the fourth. Our defensive schemes is just horrid. Open corner 3's and baseline cutters. And just let Beal, who is like 6ft3 bully Forbes in the third without making an adjustment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would any coach put the absolutely worst defender in the whole league (according to a nice diagram I posted yesterday) on Bradley Beal?

okay maybe Pop is old or something but doesn’t he have his coaching staff?

I tend to think more and more that the biggest offseason loss was not Morris or Bertans but Messina. I know many posters hated him here but I watched many of his games in Euroleague live, and if he can do one thing at the top level it’s figuring out defensive matchups and schemes. Maybe if Messina was still here we wouldn’t see so many Forbes on the opponents best player

Becky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t put this loss on Pop. He made the right adjustments. We scored 132, that should be enough to win the game. Pop did everything he could to put us in a position to win the game and anyone else complaining about it is unjustifiably whining.

At the end of the day it’s about desire to win and LMA doesn’t have it this year. That’s not on Pop. L-Train isn’t even trying on defense anymore, the dude is worthless now that he isn’t scoring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t put this loss on Pop. He made the right adjustments. We scored 132, that should be enough to win the game. Pop did everything he could to put us in a position to win the game and anyone else complaining about it is unjustifiably whining.

At the end of the day it’s about desire to win and LMA doesn’t have it this year. That’s not on Pop. L-Train isn’t even trying on defense anymore, the dude is worthless now that he isn’t scoring.
    So putting the worst defender in the league on Bradley Beal is the right adjustment?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops post game was asinine. Yeah you give up 138 points because your starting backcourt can’t stop anyone. It’s like Forbes & Mills are immune from criticism and still no Walker. I can only come to the conclusion that the Spurs are tanking and trades are imminent because our strategy makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So putting the worst defender in the league on Bradley Beal is the right adjustment?
    We also had the worst defender in the league on LMA and he didn’t take advantage of it. Our problems have been Aldridge related, not Pop. Again, Pop put in the adjustments that got us 132. We have veterans in the system now for years. They should know the rotation and where to be and how to play defense. It’s been preached every day to them for years, what more can you ask of Pop? He can’t play defense for them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We also had the worst defender in the league on LMA and he didn’t take advantage of it. Our problems have been Aldridge related, not Pop. Again, Pop put in the adjustments that got us 132. We have veterans in the system now for years. They should know the rotation and where to be and how to play defense. It’s been preached every day to them for years, what more can you ask of Pop? He can’t play defense for them
    I agree that LMA is a major problem this season, his regression is as damaging as coaching regression. But putting Bryn Forbes on Bradley Beal and trying to outscore one of the best-offense/worst-defense teams in the league on their home floor is just poor coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades as always.

Forbes was overplayed IMO. 33 minutes? That’s too much. Expect to lose a game in which he has such a large role. That’s too much. I’d rather live with Murray mistakes and see what happens or give some minutes to Walker. 33 minutes? Demar 40 minutes? It’s too much.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 11-21-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Poo is just giving all spurs fans the middle finger for some reason.
    thanks for the grades
    Yep Yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TimVP finally joining the dark side. Been waiting a long time for this to happen, welcome to the club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now you want Marco more on the floor???

Didn't he cost us every loss until yesterday?
    Yep.. More losses = better pick... Tank is in full swing!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly never thought I’d see the day where it was pop holding the team back from their potential (regardless of what said potential is) but here we are.

Pop has too much reliance on corporate knowledge and is struggling to adapt because of it. He’s compromised and Brian Wright needs to remove the temptation and force pop to do what’s right.

I believe that if Mills (to a lesser degree since he’s been good), Beli & Forbes weren’t here he’d have the team in the thick of it.

But with them here he won’t make the tough decisions.

And alienating the youth on the heels of Kawhi bolting is scary.
    If you're expecting a 70yo guy to all of a sudden change his stripes then I've got some bad news for you.

They're going to end up picking Forbes over White/Lonnie. I'm pretty sure of it assuming those guys don't ask for trades first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many one dimensional players on this team. Pop needs to get rid of one of the trio of Mills, Forbes, and Belinelli. White when healthy, and Murray need to be on the floor at all times. Not having a true, starting caliber SF, really hurts this team. Like a couple of posters in this thread stated, having a disinterested, underperforming Aldridge is one of the biggest culprits to this losing season so far.

Thread Information