My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with starting Murray and White together is not having a facilitator in the 2nd unit. Make Demar play the Manu role and the primary ball handler in the 2nd unit. Have him feast against the 2nd teams. Does Pop have the balls?

Murray/Demar/Mills
    White/Forbes
    Caroll/Lonnie/Beli
    Lyles/Gay/Metu
    Aldridge/Poeltl/Eubanks

Make the starting lineup the best defensive stand. All can shoot outside and create spacing for Aldridge. Aldridge has a problem playing alongside a ball dominant Demar. This should give Aldridge more touches, not taking away from Demar. Forbes is not forced to guard the starting guard/SF. Avoids the Forbes/Beli/Mills combo. Come on Pop. You got balls to make Demar 6th man?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    trading the best player in the league for a 6th man thanks front office

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DD is our best player. And sadly it is not even close how far a better he is than anyone in the team. He is like the only one with the talent and will to try and get something done. LMA doesn't seem to care. Murray doesn't have the skill. Forbes and Mills have the will but not the skill. Gay has a quarter at a time of skill and will. If you are going to gut your team of any chance of winning, nuke their best trade asset, then send DD to the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with starting Murray and White together is not having a facilitator in the 2nd unit. Make Demar play the Manu role and the primary ball handler in the 2nd unit. Have him feast against the 2nd teams. Does Pop have the balls?

Murray/Demar/Mills
    White/Forbes
    Caroll/Lonnie/Beli
    Lyles/Gay/Metu
    Aldridge/Poeltl/Eubanks

Make the starting lineup the best defensive stand. All can shoot outside and create spacing for Aldridge. Aldridge has a problem playing alongside a ball dominant Demar. This should give Aldridge more touches, not taking away from Demar. Forbes is not forced to guard the starting guard/SF. Avoids the Forbes/Beli/Mills combo. Come on Pop. You got balls to make Demar 6th man?
    Been saying this for a minute now. If (key word) the Spurs aren't going to trade Derozan or Aldridge then Derozan needs to go to the 2nd unit. Him and Aldridge aren't a good fit together on the floor. Bring White into the starting lineup as your SG and remove Forbes by sending him to the bench too (rather trade him). Bring Carroll into the starting lineup as your SF and have Aldridge as your starting center, Lyles as your starting PF, and Murray as your starting PG.

Second unit would consist of Jakob, Gay, Derozan, Walker/Forbes, and Mills.

I'd rather the Spurs trade Aldridge since he has shown nothing this season besides those 39 points, but his value sucks right now so either trade Derozan since his value should be high right now or move him into the Manu 6th man role.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been advocating the same things. I think they should trade Demar immediately while the market is dry and his value is, uh, high. But I don’t expect the FO to pull that off. Since Presti has been gone the FO has struggled with the idea of a trade. So unless you want Demar to pick up his option, yes put him on the second unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it seems a no brainer to have demar as the 6th man. Frankly, it was always a no brainer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to be traded... He is an emotional loser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter how you switch the garbage around, it is still garbage.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's not traded, 6th man is the only viable role for DDR on this team. I knew this lineup wouldn't work even before this season. I don't think popovich has the balls to do what needs to be done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Murray is a Manu type. I don't think he is a playmaker. I think White has skills closer to Manu than Murray. I'm just not convinced that Murray is that good. I mean, he's an NBA player, but this idea that he was a superstar or even an all-star seems very misplaced to me. From what I see, he is a good rebounder, good defender, average ball handler for someone at his size, a terrible passer, and a terrible shooter, and a below average finisher at the rim, but has at least gotten better at finishing layups.

I hope he makes a leap. The Spurs need to hit on at least one of these young players. But I think he's looking and playing like a late first round pick, which means roster spot, but definitely not a superstar or all star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Murray is a Manu type. I don't think he is a playmaker. I think White has skills closer to Manu than Murray. I'm just not convinced that Murray is that good. I mean, he's an NBA player, but this idea that he was a superstar or even an all-star seems very misplaced to me. From what I see, he is a good rebounder, good defender, average ball handler for someone at his size, a terrible passer, and a terrible shooter, and a below average finisher at the rim, but has at least gotten better at finishing layups.

I hope he makes a leap. The Spurs need to hit on at least one of these young players. But I think he's looking and playing like a late first round pick, which means roster spot, but definitely not a superstar or all star.
    Murray has the skills and drive. They just need to be tightened. The game needs to slow down on him. I think he’ll be fine.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget salary matching for a minute. Would you trade DDR straight up for Lou Williams? I sure as would. He's been a 6th man his whole career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget salary matching for a minute. Would you trade DDR straight up for Lou Williams? I sure as would. He's been a 6th man his whole career.

Same points and more assists and a uva lot cheaper ,obviously id say go for

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has the skills and drive. They just need to be tightened. The game needs to slow down on him. I think he’ll be fine.
    Murray has the potential to be a good scorer. He's too dumb to be a good playmaker against legitimate opponents

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same points and more assists and a uva lot cheaper ,obviously id say go for

Yep. Even though he's a 6th man, he would make the team better. If using DDR as a 6th man would make the team better, why not?

Well, other than DeRozan's ego. I'm not sure he could take it if Pop started bringing him off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Even though he's a 6th man, he would make the team better. If using DDR as a 6th man would make the team better, why not?

Well, other than DeRozan's ego. I'm not sure he could take it if Pop started bringing him off the bench.
    The Spurs are about the only team that would have a chance at convincing Dumbmar to be a sixth man. Spurs with the mantle of Manu and the Celtics with the legacy of Havlicek have impressive sixth man traditions they might sell Dumbmar on.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bad idea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    81 field goal attempts in his last 5 games and ZERO of those attempts were from 3. This dude is playing in the wrong era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    81 field goal attempts in his last 5 games and ZERO of those attempts were from 3. This dude is playing in the wrong era.
    I think Demar is a great scorer but he doesn’t space Aldridge, unlike Caroll who can shoot 3 and play better defense. Demar playing the Manu-role frees White to play with the starting in place of Forbes. Better spacing, better defense.

Thread Information