Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re LMA's salary for next season being fully guaranteed. I have no personal knowledge of it, but it's on both spotrac and bballref.
    Hmm interesting.. I am sure it is because Pop said so, but just kind of odd that there is some confusion about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some rumors say the Kings are regretting the signing of Harrison Barnes: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ki...arnes-contract

A dream scenario would be the Kings taking on DeRozan's shorter contract plus someone like DeMarre Carroll for Bjelica and Barnes. Kings free up long term payroll for young guys like Bagley and Fox, Spurs get two three point shooters that are 6'8" and 6'10", plus more playing time for Walker, White, and Murray. Barnes' contract goes down each year rather than up ($22mil, 20mil, 18mil). If he's even just a bit better than average, his contract will be completely reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some rumors say the Kings are regretting the signing of Harrison Barnes: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ki...arnes-contract

A dream scenario would be the Kings taking on DeRozan's shorter contract plus someone like DeMarre Carroll for Bjelica and Barnes. Kings free up long term payroll for young guys like Bagley and Fox, Spurs get two three point shooters that are 6'8" and 6'10", plus more playing time for Walker, White, and Murray. Barnes' contract goes down each year rather than up ($22mil, 20mil, 18mil). If he's even just a bit better than average, his contract will be completely reasonable.
    I wouldn’t mind that, I think I remember people saying Pop really liked Barnes from coaching the USA team too, would rather trade LA personally but beggars can’t be choosers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

can we give them Mills, Carroll and Belinelli instead?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This franchise can't catch a break in recent years. Of course the Magic have turned their season around with their best player injured, Fournier having a career season and Fultz showing signs of life.

This lessens the likelihood of them having interest in DeRozan, since Fournier, as one of their 3 plus 3-point shooters (Ross, Augustin), is a better fit anyway and Fultz is showing that his development might be worth prioritizing, at least over a pseudo star like DeRozan (they can't really play together, so his role likely would have been minimized in such a trade).

If they're out, it's probably down to either the Pistons expiring's and lottery protected 1st or re-routing that to the Thunder and taking on Paul. I could be wrong, but I believe the Spurs' preference would be more so the latter kind of trade.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll give you a dream package.
    motha en fool LMFAO

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i've been saying okc would be the best trade partner for the spurs... now i'm more and more curious what okc is gonna end up doing this season. they've been better than their record. they're getting more acclimated, are currently the 7th seed, and blew out the 6th seed tonight.

they can beat denver in the POs with their roster as is. they only lost to houston this season by 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This franchise can't catch a break in recent years. Of course the Magic have turned their season around with their best player injured, Fournier having a career season and Fultz showing signs of life.

This lessens the likelihood of them having interest in DeRozan, since Fournier, as one of their 3 plus 3-point shooters (Ross, Augustin), is a better fit anyway and Fultz is showing that his development might be worth prioritizing, at least over a pseudo star like DeRozan (they can't really play together, so his role likely would have been minimized in such a trade).

If they're out, it's probably down to either the Pistons expiring's and lottery protected 1st or re-routing that to the Thunder and taking on Paul. I could be wrong, but I believe the Spurs' preference would be more so the latter kind of trade.
    I’m not convinced Orlando is off the table yet. They still need to move Gordon who’s losing time to Isaac and plays the 3 when they play them together which doesn’t work too well. Fournier would be fine playing with DDR as their skill sets could complement other....DDR drive or Iso mode then kicks out to Fournier for 3.

DDR for Gordon/Ross still makes sense for both teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've been saying okc would be the best trade partner for the spurs... now i'm more and more curious what okc is gonna end up doing this season. they've been better than their record. they're getting more acclimated, are currently the 7th seed, and blew out the 6th seed tonight.

they can beat denver in the POs with their roster as is. they only lost to houston this season by 4.
    OKC is quietly having a great year. Most everyone thought they’d be trash (including me). They’re very close to sliding into the 6th seed spot in the west. That’s just crazy to me. And Adams isn’t really having a standout year. Amazing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not convinced Orlando is off the table yet. They still need to move Gordon who’s losing time to Isaac and plays the 3 when they play them together which doesn’t work too well. Fournier would be fine playing with DDR as their skill sets could complement other....DDR drive or Iso mode then kicks out to Fournier for 3.

Ross is under contract for three more years and making more than $11 million each season.

Hard to see him being someone that the Spurs would want back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not realistic at all but DD/Belli for Gordon/Fournier and LMA/Forbes for Hayward/R.Williams is my favorite way to blow up the Spurs in 2k right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not realistic at all but DD/Belli for Gordon/Fournier and LMA/Forbes for Hayward/R.Williams is my favorite way to blow up the Spurs in 2k right now.
    I like that. I don't think that blows it up... I think it improves the team and the win total.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NBA Central

@TheNBACentral

·
    2m

It’s ‘unlikely’ that the San Antonio Spurs pull the plug on their roster, per @KevinOConnorNBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s it Pop has spoken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NBA Central

@TheNBACentral

·
    2m

It’s ‘unlikely’ that the San Antonio Spurs pull the plug on their roster, per @KevinOConnorNBA

Sweet talk whilst the playoffs are still within grasp; I'd like to see the question pose up again if the team goes to a record such as 15-30 or the like. Every winning or aspiring to win team is unlikely to blow it up, this isn't really news - though I still hold a shred of hope that this is a PR move making a trade in the 15th unexpected and preventing the devaluation of Spurs assets. One can dream, I guess...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sweet talk. I think a combination of stubbornness about admitting that this team isn't working and the DD trade was bad, a desire to stick to the status quo rather than coach up a whole new roster, and a need to sell tickets is the reason Poop and the FO is not going to make a move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that. I don't think that blows it up... I think it improves the team and the win total.
    I do too. In every simulation they win more games than this POS roster. Fun team to play with too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs will pull the plug on this roster, but they should still look to package 2 of Mills/Forbes/Beli/Carroll for a starting forward. That would do wonders for this team. You really only want one of Forbes/Mills on the team and Carroll and Belinelli should not be in the rotation going forward, so packaging them for a Marvin Williams or Gallinari would make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good trade. Tons of great trades and options out there. Most all of them would make this team better and give this years team a better shot at making the playoffs. DDR and LMA are not taking the spurs to the playoffs this season. Ironically, the excuse most are stating as the reason to keep them is to continue the playoff streak lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA is set on not blowing it up and worrying about the future I would like a DeRozan for Otto Porter swap. It hedges on keeping the youth and your picks but gives you someone that might fit a little better with this group/LMA.

I know he’s been bad overall this year and dinged up, still think it’s a worthwhile swing.

Edit: Nevermind - he’s likely out at least a month with a fracture in his foot. No go then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Mills for Marvin Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for Marcus Morris.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They don't need to move Gordon, he's playing similar minutes to recent seasons and him and Isaac being more suited to being a four isn't reason enough to trade him.

The Magic would need another wing. Any of Carroll, Belinelli or Forbes works, but Forbes makes the most sense.

Starters: Gordon, Ross, Aldridge, 1 of White/Murray, then either the other or Gay.

Bench: Whichever of those 3 doesn't start, Mills, Poeltl, then Belinelli, Walker, Lyles, Carroll, competing for the final 2 rotation spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta is a disaster right now and seems desperate. Young is not happy and their FO is promising to bring in help for him.

DDR/LMA/Murray for Hunter/Len/Parsons/Crabbe/Both 1st Rd picks

Atlanta keeps young core of Collins/Young/Huerter/Reddish but then also adds veterans.

If they don’t want to give up Hunter, I’d still do the deal with Reddish.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta is a disaster right now and seems desperate. Young is not happy and their FO is promising to bring in help for him.

DDR/LMA/Murray for Hunter/Len/Parsons/Crabbe/Both 1st Rd picks

Atlanta keeps young core of Collins/Young/Huerter/Reddish but then also adds veterans.

If they don’t want to give up Hunter, I’d still do the deal with Reddish.
    You probably need to throw Metu or Forbes in for the roster to fit.

Thread Information