Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DD and LMA do not have the type of value that we would get young stars and picks back for them....older guys on expiring contracts, maybe, but teams are not going to give us any real value for them..something like LMA for Whiteside and a second round pick is more realistic, which would clear some cap, but since no one wants to play for pop and the fo would probably spend the money on forbes by giving him a 4 year $70 mil deal, those kinds of trades don't make much sense either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone for Joe Ingles...clean slate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone for Joe Ingles...clean slate
    Jinglin' Joe from Happy Valley. I'm on board with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, dumbass, Jrue is a better PG than Murray, a better 2 guard than Forbes on both ends, and a better defender than DeRozan. He isn't your typical PG you ing casual.
    If you get Jrue for Dumbmar you jump. Then make another deal or two to shuck LMA/Rudy and another guard or two and you are in business. I wanted Jrue when he first signed with NO.

Unfortunately, there is NO WAY the Spurs wrangle Jrue away from the Pels for the likes of Dumbmar - even if our worthless PATFO were aggressively looking to move him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you get Jrue for Dumbmar you jump. Then make another deal or two to shuck LMA/Rudy and another guard or two and you are in business. I wanted Jrue when he first signed with NO.

Unfortunately, there is NO WAY the Spurs wrangle Jrue away from the Pels for the likes of Dumbmar - even if our worthless PATFO were aggressively looking to move him.
    Agreed. He would be better than any guard we have on defense and offense save for DD offensively - and even that is debatable since Jrue can shoot AND hit his damn free throws.

I also agree that DD wouldn't get it done. I've had a feeling since they got this guy that they would have to learn the hard way that - not only can they not compete for a le with him - they will find it hard to trade him for anything good if they so choose.

All time dumb trade, tbh. The worst part is that a likely factor in the thought process of trading for him was to get Kawhi out of the West. Yeah, so worth it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, dumbass, Jrue is a better PG than Murray, a better 2 guard than Forbes on both ends, and a better defender than DeRozan. He isn't your typical PG you ing casual.
    My god you millennials are re ed. This isn't fantasy basketball stupid . You don't just stock up on PGs to fill up your fantasy stat sheet. The Spurs are already committed to Murray and White. Add Mills and Forbes and that's 4 PGs. Holiday can play the 2, but again he is a PG. So why in the would you want to impede the progress and development of Murray and White and bring in another PG? Your armchair GM skills suck. Stick to fantasy basketball and 2K.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My god you millennials are re ed. This isn't fantasy basketball stupid . You don't just stock up on PGs to fill up your fantasy stat sheet. The Spurs are already committed to Murray and White. Add Mills and Forbes and that's 4 PGs. Holiday can play the 2, but again he is a PG. So why in the would you want to impede the progress and development of Murray and White and bring in another PG? Your armchair GM skills suck. Stick to fantasy basketball and 2K.

First of all, I never said the Spurs NEED to try trade for him (they couldn't if they wanted to). Although, if they did the team would be better. I was simply pointing out the stupidity of your post. You're trying to label Holiday when he can fit into the two guard positions seamlessly and doesn't need the ball in his hands like DD who stifles the two young guards more than Jrue ever could.

You've been an even more annoying, butthurt got than usual. Did Pop cut off your air tank straight to his rectum?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all, I never said the Spurs NEED to try trade for him (they couldn't if they wanted to). Although, if they did the team would be better. I was simply pointing out the stupidity of your post. You're trying to label Holiday when he can fit into the two guard positions seamlessly and doesn't need the ball in his hands like DD who stifles the two young guards more than Jrue ever could.

You've been an even more annoying, butthurt got than usual. Did Pop cut off your air tank straight to his rectum?
    You're better off just playing video games. Let the adults talk about Spur's basketball, or ask your mommy or daddy about basketball. You're just too limited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're better off just playing video games. Let the adults talk about Spur's basketball, or ask your mommy or daddy about basketball. You're just too limited. /towel wave
    Okay, boomer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Holiday, but he's a PG. Way too many PGs on this roster already. Plus, you'd be one of the first ones on here complaining about how PATFO's having too many PGs on this roster and Pops senile, PATFO sucks, etc...
    Jrue Holiday is a PG...

WHO CAN PLAY ING DEFENSE!!!!

He's been all D the last two years. He's a veteran, and former All Star, and immediately improves the team by becoming a high minutes two way player. Who cares about ing positional crowding? You can deal with that through subsequent trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If by some miracle the Spurs had the opportunity to acquire Jrue Holiday, of course it would be a good move. White, Murray, & Holiday could easily start together and the Walker, White, Murray, Holiday combo could cover the PG/SG/SF minutes, giving each player at least 30 mpg. Given the likely unavailability of a long SF who can defend and shoot the three, this is the next best option. All four players can guard opposing SFs at least as well as and usually better than DeRozan despite giving up a few inches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, wouldn't a good solution being trading Murray or white with DeRozan for Holiday? It's not inconceivable the Spurs wouldn't trade one of the two. Much more likely than throwing a first round pick in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge (and, IF NEEDED, a 2nd round pick) for Covington and Dieng.

-Wolves get the supposedly best player in the trade (if not, 30 mil on a expiring contract) and a 2nd round pick.
    -Spurs get two solid pieces for the future.

DeRozan for Reggie Jackson, Tony Snell and a first round pick

-Detroit get DeRozan which, apparently, they want for some reason.
    -Spurs get a first rounder (could also do with a second one, tbh).

See if you can get some second rounders for Patty and Belli.

STARTERS

Murray
    Walker
    Covington
    Lyles
    Poeltl

BENCH

White (on the 6th man, closer role)
    Forbes
    Snell
    Gay
    Dieng

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge (and, IF NEEDED, a 2nd round pick) for Covington and Dieng.

-Wolves get the supposedly best player in the trade (if not, 30 mil on a expiring contract) and a 2nd round pick.
    -Spurs get two solid pieces for the future.

DeRozan for Reggie Jackson, Tony Snell and a first round pick

-Detroit get DeRozan which, apparently, they want for some reason.
    -Spurs get a first rounder (could also do with a second one, tbh).

See if you can get some second rounders for Patty and Belli.

STARTERS

Murray
    Walker
    Covington
    Lyles
    Poeltl

BENCH

White (on the 6th man, closer role)
    Forbes
    Snell
    Gay
    Dieng
    Would love the LMA/Derozan trades but Mills isn't going anywhere. I'd much rather trade that POS Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I've seen any trades in this thread that are actually realistic... LOL at thinking Pels are re ed enough to take DeMar and give out Jrue. It'd take a first pick or even two on our part to entice them, and probably one of DJ-White-Lonnie. Same for LMA for Covington LMAO.... Do you think teams watch LMA and DeMar choke and be negative assets, remnants of years past, overpaid and over-the-hill ing asses and think "yeah that's the kind of player we need!"? Get ing real.

You cannot treat either of them as pure, positive assets, especially not with their contracts. I think it was Lowe that said any trades would probably be lateral moves - your trash for our trash. We'd be better focusing our trades on other teams' trash instead of their All-D stars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jrue Holiday is a PG...

He's been all D the last two years. He's a veteran, and former All Star, and immediately improves the team by becoming a high minutes two way player. Who cares about ing positional crowding? You can deal with that through subsequent trades.
    Dumb old got doesn't understand today's practically positionless game. His head is so far up Pop's asshole that he doesn't even know what year this is. Ignore him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I've seen any trades in this thread that are actually realistic... LOL at thinking Pels are re ed enough to take DeMar and give out Jrue.
    Holiday is owned over 75 millions over the next three seasons. DeRozan is an expiring contract. A lottery team like the Pels would probably like to offload Holiday's contract.

It'd take a first pick or even two on our part to entice them, and probably one of DJ-White-Lonnie. Same for LMA for Covington LMAO.... Do you think teams watch LMA and DeMar choke and be negative assets, remnants of years past, overpaid and over-the-hill ing asses and think "yeah that's the kind of player we need!"? Get ing real.
    It seems like you are the one that needs to analyze things a little bit more to see if a trade is plausible or not, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holiday is owned over 75 millions over the next three seasons. DeRozan is an expiring contract. A lottery team like the Pels would probably like to offload Holiday's contract.

It seems like you are the one that needs to analyze things a little bit more to see if a trade is plausible or not, tbh.
    Some people still fail to realize that many basketball transactions aren't talent based, they're financial. That all started nearly 20 years ago (summer of 1999) when Orlando would literally give you anyone on their roster for an ending contract so that they could go FA shopping in 2000. They were the first to place value on an ending contract.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs get
    Robert covington
    Gorgui dieng

OKC get
    Demar DeRozan
    Jeff teague

Timberwolves get
    Chris Paul
    Rudy gay

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a ty idea of bringing jrue... thats so typical for the spurs.

edit: unless they add ingram or hayes to this trade
    Last edited by spurspl; 12-18-2019 at 03:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holiday is owned over 75 millions over the next three seasons. DeRozan is an expiring contract. ...
    DDR has a player option.

So does Holiday for his last year.

... lottery team like the Pels would probably like to offload Holiday's contract.
    In exchange for a larger contract, for an inferior player? What causes you to believe their preferences are so irrational? Pop isn't running the Pelicans.

By their current, projected salaries, the Pels are on track for $83 million of payroll next season, and then $27 million the next. Jrue's contract is no problem for them. At all.

But it's obviously s nonstarter anyway, since the Pels are intensely curious how Jrue teams with Zion, and he won't be back for a while. As to how Zion might team with DDR, they give less than 0.00001 rat s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR has a player option.

So does Holiday for his last year.

In exchange for a larger contract, for an inferior player? What causes you to believe their preferences are so irrational? Pop isn't running the Pelicans.

By their current, projected salaries, the Pels are on track for $83 million of payroll next season, and then $27 million the next. Jrue's contract is no problem for them. At all.

But it's obviously s nonstarter anyway, since the Pels are intensely curious how Jrue teams with Zion, and he won't be back for a while. As to how Zion might team with DDR, they give less than 0.00001 rat s.
    https://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-anto...derozan-6327/#

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orle...holiday-6316/#

In which universe is DeRozan's contract larger than Holiday's?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jrue Holiday would be an upgrade.

DeMar and Marco for Ross and Gordon.

DeMar and Marco for LaVine and Thaddeus Young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jrue Holiday is a PG...

And he plays a position that is already manned by Murray, and White, who can both "CAN PLSY ING DEFENSE" That's 3 PGs already. Unfortunately you have to also have to factor in Mills and Forbes as well. I don't see PATFO trading for a position that they already have invested $$$ in Murray, and are still developing Murray and White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're roughly the same amount, which is not the issue; the question is why on Earth would the Pelicans trade their all-D PG for a non-D, non-shooting SG/SF who is extremely ball-dominant, when they have a roster full of players to develop and already have Ingram at SF and Red , who they won't trade at least for the time being, at SG. There will absolutely be better offers from contending teams, probably including picks or young players, both of which the Spurs wouldn't be wise to include.

So, beyond FO re ation, which isn't the norm for New Orleans as far as I'm aware - which would be the great incentive that would make SA the primary suit in a DeRozan for Jrue trade? It's not even like you can sell DD as purely a big expiring since he's got a 27M PO for next season so even if, as you say, the Pels were so desperate to offload salary (which they aren't anyways since they're not in the luxury tax...) they would surely prefer a contract that ends this season without any additionals, again something many other FOs can offer.

So please, since you've analyzed the situation so thoroughly, please explain to me how the Spurs would be the primary suitors for Jrue - I won't even mention that it's a lateral move and clogs a position that isn't of urgent need for us - I'm curious.

Thread Information