Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there any advantages to letting Demar opt out and walk? I mean that would clear up a lot of space and might be preferable to taking back other contracts in a trade. Depends on what the Spurs want to do, I guess.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there any advantages to letting Demar opt out and walk? I mean that would clear up a lot of space and might be preferable to taking back other contracts in a trade. Depends on what the Spurs want to do, I guess.
    i think spurs r sooo stupid that they want to make another playoffs and wont trade ddr and lma

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure it's Januray due to how big of a raise he got from last year. When a guy re-ups with a club that has his Bird rights and gets a raise of more than 20 percent from the last year of his previous year, he's a BYC player, which used to mean a lot of other things but now pretty much just means he can't be traded until after 01/15 rather than 12/15 like a normal FA.
    I appreciate the information...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm totally fine with trading LMA and DDR. Still, my preference is trading DDR along with Gay or Carroll and Forbes (not necessarily in the same trade package). I think we could pull some value out of those and we'd create more playing time for the guys that are our future. Now, if LMA brings a decent haul send him out but, I don't see him in the way of younger guys like I do DDR. I also think the spacing in general would be better if we moved DDR.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think spurs need to start thinking of DDR as a two year deal (and so do the possible trade partners). With the narrative that there isn’t much of a market for DDR right now, it sounds like a multi year deal starting above 20m isn’t in the cards. So why would he pass on 27M where that lower offer deal will be there in 2021?

It can’t be both that his trade value is and that everyone thinks he’ll opt out for “lucrative” offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think spurs need to start thinking of DDR as a two year deal (and so do the possible trade partners). With the narrative that there isn’t much of a market for DDR right now, it sounds like a multi year deal starting above 20m isn’t in the cards. So why would he pass on 27M where that lower offer deal will be there in 2021?

It can’t be both that his trade value is and that everyone thinks he’ll opt out for “lucrative” offer.
    Part of trade value is how much time is left on the contract. Why would you give up assets for someone you can sign outright in 7 months, especially if you’re a dumpster fire like the Knicks, or super young and spinning your wheels like the Hawks?

DDR will be the best UFA if he opts out next summer, because AD isn’t going anywhere. There aren’t even any other 20 point scorers available. He’ll get offers in the range that he wants, because it’s a weak FA class, and guys get overpaid in those years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not my dream trade but it helps these teams get some of what they want.

3 team trade:
    blazers: get Aldridge
    spurs: get Love, Cleveland’s 1st rd pick
    cavs: get whiteside, blazers 1st rd pick

blazers finally get LMA back and he’ll be fine at PF next to Nurkic. Cavs get to move a disgruntled love and his 4yr contact for whiteside’s expiring contract. Spurs move disgruntled LMA out and take on love’s contract but gain a lottery pick and now have 2 1st rd picks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn’t matter what roster changes they make when ultimately there’s a senile, washed up, “it’s just basketball” head coach running the entire show. Retiring or forcefully removing Jerry Sloan 2.0 should be just as big of a priority as it is to move Derozan, Belli, and Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not my dream trade but it helps these teams get some of what they want.

3 team trade:
    blazers: get Aldridge
    spurs: get Love, Cleveland’s 1st rd pick
    cavs: get whiteside, blazers 1st rd pick

blazers finally get LMA back and he’ll be fine at PF next to Nurkic. Cavs get to move a disgruntled love and his 4yr contact for whiteside’s expiring contract. Spurs move disgruntled LMA out and take on love’s contract but gain a lottery pick and now have 2 1st rd picks.
    This is a heckuva gamble that Love's wheels don't fall off in the remaining years of his contract, but I don't mind that gamble - but only if Cleveland's 1st is unprotected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the real question is: Would Pop play those players that we get back in a trade or would he just move Belinelli to the starting line up?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the real question is: Would Pop play those players that we get back in a trade or would he just move Belinelli to the starting line up?
    thats why pop should go away

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are some rumors that couple pf teams are intrested in drummond but no spurs there why?!??! he would be a great addition, him and murray would elevate us to top3 defense in a league easily. Then pick up a true young 3pt shooter and spurs roster would be a beast

same thing with bogdanovic, no rumors that spurs intrested... i think that patfo gonna miss the chance AGAIN

murray/white/bogdanovic/lyles/drummond DO IT
    Last edited by spurspl; 12-25-2019 at 08:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are some rumors that couple pf teams are intrested in drummond but no spurs there why?!??! he would be a great addition, him and murray would elevate us to top3 defense in a league easily. Then pick up a true young 3pt shooter and spurs roster would be a beast

same thing with bogdanovic, no rumors that spurs intrested... i think that patfo gonna miss the chance AGAIN

That's a worse roster than what we have now. And Pop would never start Murray and White, he will start Forbes.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a worse roster than what we have now. And Pop would never start Murray and White, he will start Forbes.
    better defense, better long range shots, no chokers, younger and more athletic. Thats definetely better roster. I assume pop will retire next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like that scenerio, with the exception of Walker instead of White in starting line up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Drummond will be looking for a max offer and I don't think the Spurs should throw one at him. I'd rather rebuild than lock the team into 3-4 years of a non-max impact player. Bogdanovich I'd welcome the signing, he's a great player. Neither of those will really happen though, we're probably heading for a tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better defense, better long range shots, no chokers, younger and more athletic. Thats definetely better roster. I assume pop will retire next season.
    The defense is better cause you starting White instead of Forbes. Do that now and it would be the same

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drummond will be looking for a max offer and I don't think the Spurs should throw one at him. I'd rather rebuild than lock the team into 3-4 years of a non-max impact player. Bogdanovich I'd welcome the signing, he's a great player. Neither of those will really happen though, we're probably heading for a tank
    we should tank 2yrs ago, now its too late bc this years draft class is a tbh. I dont mind giving him a nearly max offer, we would still have cap space for a max player to sign in next FA(which is fking good) if we get rid of these ty contracts like mills, gay, caroll, belli etc.

The defense is better cause you starting White instead of Forbes. Do that now and it would be the same
    duuuude drummond is a beast in defense, especially we need offense rebounds and he can do this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like love

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys do you know what is the font in the LA Clippers iuniform??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone pls?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, realistic and dream parckages, not sure how those two can co-exist, let's see

LaMarcus Beli and Metu for Parsons (Expiring), Jabari Parker, Cam Redish and Hawks 1 round 2020 pick, top3 protected.

https://tradenba.com/trades/Rb3FpY75F

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we should tank 2yrs ago, now its too late bc this years draft class is a tbh. I dont mind giving him a nearly max offer, we would still have cap space for a max player to sign in next FA(which is fking good) if we get rid of these ty contracts like mills, gay, caroll, belli etc.

duuuude drummond is a beast in defense, especially we need offense rebounds and he can do this.
    Drummond is nowhere near max-money worth or impact... The sinking Pistons (who admittedly have a lot of other troubles, but still) are a good example of this. Guy is just not good on offense and, considering any scenario involving him practically requires both DD and LMA, our best offensive players, to be off the team, I fail to see how it's such a great deal. A team that's good on D but can't buy a bucket is not much better than a good O team bleeding points - especially in this era. I would rather tank than be locked in to him for 4-5 years.

As for draft classes... No one knows for . Yes, there isn't a LeBron-level talent for us to tank towards, but we were never going to outtank the likes of Knicks/Grizzlies/Suns anyways, and beyond that mostly every draft is a crapshoot. You hear almost every draft how they're top heavy or talent devoid, only to look back a few years later and see all the roleplayers/stars that came from it. Besides, the Spurs will probably be tanking more than a single season, so that's not too big of a deal, although I certainly wish we would've started two seasons ago.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drummond is nowhere near max-money worth or impact... The sinking Pistons (who admittedly have a lot of other troubles, but still) are a good example of this. Guy is just not good on offense and, considering any scenario involving him practically requires both DD and LMA, our best offensive players, to be off the team, I fail to see how it's such a great deal. A team that's good on D but can't buy a bucket is not much better than a good O team bleeding points - especially in this era. I would rather tank than be locked in to him for 4-5 years.

As for draft classes... No one knows for . Yes, there isn't a LeBron-level talent for us to tank towards, but we were never going to outtank the likes of Knicks/Grizzlies/Suns anyways, and beyond that mostly every draft is a crapshoot. You hear almost every draft how they're top heavy or talent devoid, only to look back a few years later and see all the roleplayers/stars that came from it. Besides, the Spurs will probably be tanking more than a single season, so that's not too big of a deal, although I certainly wish we would've started two seasons ago.
    1. agree that drummond isnt a great offesnive player and thats why i proposed to get bogdanovic if we can get drummond. Then u have a great balanced roster. murray drummond white - def, bogdanovic loonie white - off and 3pt, lyles - mid range shots.
    2. yes, hes worth near max contract, theres lack of big players in a league and their value will be increasing.
    3. one of them (DD / LMA) is enough to make a deal with pistons. Second of them would be included to get bogdanovic for example. Ofc + fillers and picks would be necessary to include.
    4.IMO in this years draft its not worth to draft top players unless its wiseman. If not, just include this pick to trade with DD or LMA.
    Last edited by spurspl; 12-26-2019 at 03:17 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if the spurs don't try to get cp3 then they should still do what they can to get diallo or bazley. spurs could use both.

Thread Information