Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see PATFO trading DeRozan nor Aldridge this season unless this team gets absolutely out of playoff contention by the all star game. And I don't see that happening.

Going back to the topic, "realistic Dream Packages", I'm bringing two names: Saric and Bogdanovic. I think both are Spurs material: likeables by Pop and a good fit next to Aldridge, DeRozan, Murray and our second string of key players: Poetl, Mills, White, Walker.

Bogdanovic said no to a $50M contract in Sacramento, maybe the Kings are happy trading him right now as they are putting their eggs on Fox and Hield (the question is, does Bogdanovic want more money, more minutes or a better chance to win?) Anyway, depending on how much the Kings are asking, Spurs might pay a rent for the rest of this season and then try their chances.

Saric is finishing his rookie contract. Lile Sacramento, Phoenix is another team in between two completely different scenarios: fight for playoffs and add players or trade and tank. Either way, Suns are appearing in lots of rumors so Saric might get lost in translation.

What do you guys think Spurs could offer to PHO, SAC? Is there a realistic chance?
    For sac probably Forbes, belli, and a 2nd if a rental or future 1st if theres a deal in place to resign him.

Phoenix Belli, metu, and a future 1st

I'm not saying we'd pay that, I'm saying it'll take that to get it done.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our roster aside from maybe walker has pretty limited upside and is not that great. the spurs dont have "a lot" to give up. lol @ anyone thinking Spurs should hold anyone out of a potential deal for a top 5 big man under 25 when the roster is trash

So you are saying we should put out Kat and a bunch of no names. We would get money ina year or two once all their bad contracts we had to take back came off but we would have no youth and no picks and LMA and Derozen gone. Then when Kat leaves at the end of the deal we are even worse off. People keep saying we cant attract a star so its not like we would get one that way. Typically teams that give up lots of picks have another player staying there. If we did this we would be in worse shape then we are. As I said Kat is not a winner. He is another derozen. Different skill set but still same mentality. Derozen puts up good numbers by your thinking we should be happy to have him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am just frustrated by this whole situation with the Spurs. They are in limbo land they are taking themselves out of the lottery. Fine nobody wants a loser team but for the love of god understand DD needs to go. Get what you can for him now and Aldridge too but more so DD. He isn't coming back why lose him for nothing just add some more young pieces the way the west is going the Spurs could still hang in limbo for that 8th spot. I just don't understand they have always been an outstanding franchise and I have to trust the orginization but I am having doubts here. DD needs to go for the best available package and Aldridge is in high demand right now especially with this 3 point shot added to his game. Boston needs a big I would definitely do Aldridge for Heywood(spelling).

As far as DD just bring us assets Orlando Chicago Sacramento whatever just get assets.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    the thunder came back from behind against the mavs, finished the game on a 14-2 run. cp3 scored 13 of okc's final 17 points. the dude is #1 in points in the clutch this season with 91. #2 has 78.

anyone who thought he would fall off a cliff too many spurs fans thinking cp3 would drop off like tony.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    cp3 should be... no worse than top 7 amongst mvp candidates.

okc should say 'fvck it' and trade andre roberson + a 1st for bertans TBH. bolster that roster and fvcking run with it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray Leonard lma for Dragic and kennard

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cp3 should be... no worse than top 7 amongst mvp candidates.

okc should say 'fvck it' and trade andre roberson + a 1st for bertans TBH. bolster that roster and fvcking run with it.
    I'm not sure who the target should be but you're absolutely right, they have all those picks they've acquired and they should package one with Roberson and maybe even another smaller piece to acquire talent for this season. People underestimate Paul's ability to be a force multiplier and they also underestimate the impact of a healthy gallo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdanovic apparently wants to start which he could do here instantly. How is he defensively though? He's longer than Forbes, so I guess that makes him a better defender automatically, but other than that I don't know much about his defense. Spurs got a lot of contracts that fit his salary range like Carroll, Belinelli, Lyles and Forbes, but I don't see Sacramento being interested in any of these players. Same with Phoenix, so I'd assume Spurs would have to throw in a pick
    For sac probably Forbes, belli, and a 2nd if a rental or future 1st if theres a deal in place to resign him.

Phoenix Belli, metu, and a future 1st

I'm not saying we'd pay that, I'm saying it'll take that to get it done.
    If that's the price: Is it fair to trade the 14th-16th 1st round pick in a mediocre draft for a starter fitting very well with your current core? Answer is YES, it would be a good trade. The problem is it would be just a rental if Bogdanovic/Saric decide to leave in the free agency this summer. So if they don't adapt well, you've lost a 1st round for nothing. It's a risk.

Anyways, I believe Spurs should at least ask and find out how interested would be these players about staying in San Antonio.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree I don’t think DEROZZ is going to want to stay in SA he either wants to go back to East Coast or will go back to Cali.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA plays a lot of minute at center... Love would be a disaster as a replacement.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'm not sure who the target should be but you're absolutely right, they have all those picks they've acquired and they should package one with Roberson and maybe even another smaller piece to acquire talent for this season. People underestimate Paul's ability to be a force multiplier and they also underestimate the impact of a healthy gallo.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blake griffin got a knee injury, season ends for him, a BIG LOL for those who wanted trading for him

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    the point god scored 20 of his 28 points in the 4th quarter & OT tonight.

the thunder also had the best record in the west for the month of december.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Maybe, but being a playoff team is what 99% of the league strives for..CP3 taking OKC no where as well and somehow lost to the awful Spurs
    Is making 40M and can’t take okc further than an awful Spurs

we had opposite takes. and you were wrong. that's nothing new though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

we had opposite takes. and you were wrong. that's nothing new though.
    OKC going anywhere in the playoffs? Sure, he’s playing great but OKC is a fools gold team that will get bounced in the first round.

But legit hats off to CP3 for even getting them to the playoffs. That is a legit accomplishment.
    Last edited by DPG21920; 01-27-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Thread Information