Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indiana will never trade with us. Never
    Why not? Because of the Kawhi trade? I don’t think that left a bad taste in their mouth since they would’ve never drafted him themselves otherwise, no way of knowing he would be what he is today. I read they might unload Turner since they paid Sabonis and with LMA he’ll be off the books before they have to pay Oladipo so I think this works for both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA for Gordon Hayward. We have too many guards and need a SF. Boston desperately needs a big man after losing Horford. Then trade with the Knicks to get Randle. The President is already pissed about their start and that team is about to have a fire sale of their own

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA to Pacers for Myles Turner and filler
    Indiana will never trade with us. Never
    No one would make that trade. Ever.

It cracks me up that the most irrationally pessimistic posters here (who claim everyone else is naive) are also the most irrationally optimistic about ridiculous trades that the Spurs might make in some fantasy world.
    Last edited by Russ; 11-22-2019 at 10:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defrozen, poertel and a pick for number 2 and Danny green. Lma for Paul George.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Detroit would do a griffin/Drummond for DDR/LMA trade. Probably have to throw in some extras. If the spurs do trade with Detroit I hope the FO also looks to get Kennard.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LMA must be traded, i could see him being shipped to Dallas for Porzingis.

Spurs reportedly had interest in him before, and Zingis is not a good fit next to Doncic, while LMA would give them a 2 year contending window.
    noooo way dallas would do this

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Detroit would do a griffin/Drummond for DDR/LMA trade. Probably have to throw in some extras. If the spurs do trade with Detroit I hope the FO also looks to get Kennard.
    pls no, we need young talented players to play with murray for a yrs. Im definitely against trading for another old/non all star/ injury prone etc players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do y’all think the suns would consider LMA +assest for deandre Ayton +Filler? Suns have looked pretty good this year with Baynes as there center
    no way

now all of a sudden everybody wants Bazemore but when I said we should trade for him last year to start him instead of Forbes nobody wanted him
    spurstalk overestimates the spurs roster more than any other forum, and a lot of it comes from the belief in legends created around Pop (he created Kawhi, he can lead a gleague team for the playoffs, etc.), we spent years attacking Deloser and last season some people said he was a better offensive player than Kawhi, it's normal.
    Last edited by r0drig0lac; 11-22-2019 at 12:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s why the Spurs bear monitoring if Heat pursues a move.

When ESPN’s Kendrick Perkins suggested this week that the struggling San Antonio Spurs should consider trading LaMarcus Aldridge and DeMar DeRozan, the Heat immediately came to mind, not only because Pat Riley said this week that he’s open to making a move if it’s the right one, but also because Riley has long admired both players and, most importantly, because neither has a contract that extends beyond the key summer of 2021.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article237633554.html

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lma loonie and a pick for winslow nunn(herro) and olynyk(or meyers) would be great too
    then ddr forbes to magic for gordon and bamba

murray/nunn(herro)/winslow/gordon/bamba

BTW whos better nunn or herro?
    Last edited by spurspl; 11-22-2019 at 02:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    package on top of package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    package on top of package.
    Well, DeRozan/Jakob for Kawhi/Danny was too so we are used to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, DeRozan/Jakob for Kawhi/Danny was too so we are used to it.
    Nah, these are easily worse. I'd rather have even just that Raptors pick over anything people have been proposing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, these are easily worse. I'd rather have even just that Raptors pick over anything people have been proposing.
    Let’s agree to disagree. Trading DeRozan for Gordon at a minimum could net that type of pick if Gordon didn’t work out and needed to be moved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s agree to disagree. Trading DeRozan for Gordon at a minimum could net that type of pick if Gordon didn’t work out and needed to be moved.
    Eh, I don't think Gordon really has much value at all. I'd much rather the Spurs get another tool or trade piece than a player who is worse than DeRozan and is too old to expect to make a big leap. Rebuild or go (more) all-in. Don't give up legit future value in the hopes the young inconsistent guards can carry you to a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I don't think Gordon really has much value at all. I'd much rather the Spurs get another tool or trade piece than a player who is worse than DeRozan and is too old to expect to make a big leap. Rebuild or go (more) all-in. Don't give up legit future value in the hopes the young inconsistent guards can carry you to a le.
    I don’t love Gordon but I think he does help redbuild but with some potential. He’s still young enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t love Gordon but I think he does help redbuild but with some potential. He’s still young enough.
    I think a single first-rounder helps more than Gordon. He's not a horrible player, but he's not good enough to be the focal point on offense and his lack of a shot makes it hard to see the Spurs having a better SL with him instead of DeRozan. AG is only really playable as a four, and the Spurs already have players who would play PF more than any other position. It pretty much mandates playing a lot of Mills/Forbes/Beli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a single first-rounder helps more than Gordon. He's not a horrible player, but he's not good enough to be the focal point on offense and his lack of a shot makes it hard to see the Spurs having a better SL with him instead of DeRozan. AG is only really playable as a four, and the Spurs already have players who would play PF more than any other position. It pretty much mandates playing a lot of Mills/Forbes/Beli
    In my world, you move LMA, DeRozan and Rudy...I’d be ok taking a flier on someone young like Gordon with all the others gone is what I mean. I would think that Gordon also might help win now, but I also think he fits blowing it up personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my world, you move LMA, DeRozan and Rudy...I’d be ok taking a flier on someone young like Gordon with all the others gone is what I mean. I would think that Gordon also might help win now, but I also think he fits blowing it up personally.
    You have Gordon being the main value in a DeRozan trade. That's not a flier at that point. It's deciding to take him rather than a more amorphous asset. I don't think you do that when you're blowing it up. If he is good, he's helping you win too many games. If he's not he's definitely not helping more than a future pick would. I definitely don't think you can call trading DeRozan, LMA and Gay a path towards winning now. At best, they're like the 2017-2018 Spurs but with an All-NBA Aldridge or anyone like him providing the baseline offense needed to make a defense-first team work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have Gordon being the main value in a DeRozan trade. That's not a flier at that point. It's deciding to take him rather than a more amorphous asset. I don't think you do that when you're blowing it up. If he is good, he's helping you win too many games. If he's not he's definitely not helping more than a future pick would. I definitely don't think you can call trading DeRozan, LMA and Gay a path towards winning now. At best, they're like the 2017-2018 Spurs but with an All-NBA Aldridge or anyone like him providing the baseline offense needed to make a defense-first team work.
    Sorry for the confusion - I am saying that if you only move DeRozan for Gordon, I think you can try to win now and hope he fits better than DeRozan.

But I can also see where you trade DeRozan for Gordon, but then trade LMA/Rudy and build around picks plus Gordon/Murray/White for a year or two to see what you have.

I think that if you blow it up, getting someone like Gordon can still make sense to see how he looks and he’s still young enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the Wizz still want to move Beal? Big contract but the dude Is balling and can knock down the triple unlike our stars. Wish we traded Kawhi for him when the wizards had their own fire sale, then that disp wouldn't have another championship also. Pricey but a baller. Wouldn't care which of our guys we give up to get him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they tear it down then tear it down and get picks or young, cost controlled pieces. Not interested in a move for a Gallo or Hayward just to marginally improve this year. Just rip the bandaid off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the Wizz still want to move Beal? Big contract but the dude Is balling and can knock down the triple unlike our stars. Wish we traded Kawhi for him when the wizards had their own fire sale, then that disp wouldn't have another championship also. Pricey but a baller. Wouldn't care which of our guys we give up to get him.
    The exact opposite. They have been crystal clear they have no desire or intention to trade Beal and Beal said he’s staying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this analysis. I’d prefer a package around Fournier + 1st and perhaps the Bamba reclamation project. Move on from (or flip) Fournier down the line.

Thread Information