Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR for Reggie Jackson and Snell? Reunites DDR with his old coach. Spurs get a forward who can defend. Jackson’s deal is expiring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR for Reggie Jackson and Snell? Reunites DDR with his old coach. Spurs get a forward who can defend. Jackson’s deal is expiring.
    Reggie + Snell + Sekou

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm confident that the FO of the most winning team in all team sports for the last two decades is not "clueless" and is looking at every option possible. Our plans got sabotaged and it ain't easy to rebound. You throw in the Morris screw-over where we lost Bertans and it's not been great for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm confident that the FO of the most winning team in all team sports for the last two decades is not "clueless" and is looking at every option possible. Our plans got sabotaged and it ain't easy to rebound. You throw in the Morris screw-over where we lost Bertans and it's not been great for us.
    you are very optimistic. I envy you

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right...so it's everyone else's fault..patfo have not made any mistakes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are very optimistic. I envy you
    You're the one to be envied, sir.

To wallow in pessimism is the ultimate luxury!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

haha. well done. a life of luxury it is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha. well done. a life of luxury it is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just focus on tanking this year and also next year. No trade they do will make this team compe ive this year or next.
    But you can get draft assets, while also clearing minutes for the youngins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One mans optimism is another mans delusion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

cp3/white
    murray/walker/forbes
    diallo/carroll
    la/gallo/luka
    adams/noel

spurs improve across the board:
    -they get the point god for a floor general instead of dumbar derozan
    -cp3, diallo, adams, noel help the team out defensively
    -gallo would be scoring punch off the bench

spurs still wouldn't be favorites but would be MUCH improved. if one of lebron/AD and one of kawhi/PG get injured then they're making to the finals and could handle any team from the east tbh.
    Too many moving parts to be realistic and too old school a front court to make sense (Aldridge is a center and Gallinari is a power forward), but I'm not opposed to Paul. I'd first try to exhaust the Magic option to try to pry Gordon, though.

Since we know the preference is to attempt to win while developing, Paul would be the best immediate fit. He's the kind of lead by example/ultra compe or type they're looking for (I think he'd be good for the young guards), still easily better than DeRozan, is at the point where he's willing/needs to play off the ball some and is so stout that he can actually credibly defend good wings on occasion.

DeRozan, Forbes, Belinelli for Paul and Ferguson . . .

Starters: Aldridge, Ferguson, Poeltl, Murray, Paul

Bench: Gay, White, Mills, Carroll, Lyles, Walker, Metu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many moving parts to be realistic and too old school a front court to make sense (Aldridge is a center and Gallinari is a power forward), but I'm not opposed to Paul. I'd first try to exhaust the Magic option to try to pry Gordon, though.

Since we know the preference is to attempt to win while developing, Paul would be the best immediate fit. He's the kind of lead by example/ultra compe or type they're looking for (I think he'd be good for the young guards), still easily better than DeRozan, is at the point where he's willing/needs to play off the ball some and is so stout that he can actually credibly defend good wings on occasion.

DeRozan, Forbes, Belinelli for Paul and Ferguson . . .

Starters: Aldridge, Ferguson, Poeltl, Murray, Paul

Bench: Gay, White, Mills, Carroll, Lyles, Walker, Metu
    the thunder are compe ive this year.

Paul is actually the only other player outside of Lebron and maybe Leonard who can change organizations very quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right...so it's everyone else's fault..patfo have not made any mistakes?
    Hey if you want to blame everything wrong with the team on the PATFO please acknowledge they are the same PATFO that has the most winning team of any soccer, baseball, football, or basketball for two decades. Are you unaware of this? Yes I guess they could be blamed for putting too many eggs in the basket of Kawhi Leonard. Yes they shouldn't have taken the word of Morris.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the thunder are compe ive this year.

Paul is actually the only other player outside of Lebron and maybe Leonard who can change organizations very quickly.
    Still, considering the savings they'd reap from this, I can't see them turning it down. Maybe they scoff at Ferguson's inclusion, but that can be negotiated.

They'll also likely want to accommodate Paul if they can. Obviously, the Spurs aren't a contender, but they are a franchise trying to win (however misguided that may be). The Thunder will more than likely be in sell off mode no matter where they are in the standings and he'll only play good soldier for so long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul actually makes sense to me. Wouldn’t of said that before the year.... no one is gonna sign here in free agency so the money doesn’t matter much long term. He’s the exact kind of leader/ two way player this team needs. DeRozan leaving would be addition by subtraction. I like

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey if you want to blame everything wrong with the team on the PATFO please acknowledge they are the same PATFO that has the most winning team of any soccer, baseball, football, or basketball for two decades. Are you unaware of this? Yes I guess they could be blamed for putting too many eggs in the basket of Kawhi Leonard. Yes they shouldn't have taken the word of Morris.
    I never said they weren't the most winning franchise, but tell me what has patfo done without anyone named TD, DRob, Manu, TP or KL? Bad trades, giving up players for nothing, putting draft picks in the g league to squander good years away...tell me why not one single mid to high level FA (besides LA who wanted to be near his kid) has not signed with the team even though pop is named the best coach when nba players are polled..it's easy to blame everyone else, but at some point you have to look at yourself in the mirror.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reggie + Snell + Sekou
    Reggie+Sekou+Galloway for DDR, Beli and Metu.

would have to be the framework of the deal. Reggie and Galloway can be waived after being acquired because they are on expiring deals. Still seems a little light in the returns for DeRozan but getting Sekou- a player that the Spurs wanted is a plus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be cool with trading Forbes and Belinelli for a bag of chips. Now rumors are out there Pop wants to trade Lonnie Why doesn't that surprise me one bit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA to ATL for Hunter/Crabb (expiring $19M)/1st Rd pick (probably the nets one)

Murray/DDR/Forbes to Detroit for Drummond/Kennard/1st Rd pick

White/Mills
    Kennard/Lonnie
    Hunter/DeMarre
    Gay/Lyles
    Drummond/Jacob

and 3 1st round picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol people wanting CP3 . Spurs actually beat OKC and GS and CP can’t beat the Spurs or GS

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be cool with trading Forbes and Belinelli for a bag of chips. Now rumors are out there Pop wants to trade Lonnie Why doesn't that surprise me one bit?
    Is this for real? First I'm hearing about this. Would confirm that Pop really has lost it and only cares about his playoff streak instead of the future of the team.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Lol people wanting CP3 . Spurs actually beat OKC and GS and CP can’t beat the Spurs or GS
    you also thought moving on from demar last season was laughable. took you until this season to catch on.

cp3 is still playing at a high level.

the thunder are playing much more compe ive than the spurs. they're like they've lost like, seven games by 5 points or less. almost winning doesn't amount to anything but they've lost to the jazz, rockets, bucks, clippers, lakers (twice) by just 3.5 points. much better than the spurs would fare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you also thought moving on from demar last year laughable.

cp3 is still playing at a high level.

the thunder are playing much more compe ive than the spurs. they're like they've lost like, seven games by 5 points or less. almost winning doesn't amount to anything but they've lost to the jazz, rockets, bucks, clippers, lakers (twice) by just 3.5 points. much better than the spurs would fare.
    They lost to the Spurs bruh and getting worked by a Curry/Klay-less Warriors. SA was a playoff team last year no? Went to game 7 no? I was fine trading DeRozan if someone blew you away with an offer; but not just salary dumping him.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They lost to the Spurs bruh and getting worked by a Curry/Klay-less Warriors. SA was a playoff team last year no? Went to game 7 no? I was fine trading DeRozan if someone blew you away with an offer; but not just salary dumping him.
    okc has beaten the warriors twice this season. the first time by 28.

ddr is taking the spurs nowhere. moving him last season and missing the POs would've been better.

Thread Information