Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three 1st rounders next year would be amazing. You could easily move up or flip those for pieces later. That's only stuff teams with good front offices do though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably been covered, but if not...

On a recent podcast Hollinger suggested Gay and Bertans had better trade value than Aldridge and DeRozan for various market cir stances. He indicated first round picks were not at all guaranteed for either DeRozan or Aldridge. Seems like the market for both players is closer to a horizontal talent swap, or a young player and a second. So, as someone else suggested here, something like DeRozan to Detroit for Doumbouya, Jackson, and a second. Maybe Jackson plus a pair of seconds (one from Detroit, one from SA) could spring Gallinari in a three team with OKC. Same kind of scenario to Portland for Aldridge--maybe returning Little and a second to the Spurs.

So, a very depressed market for both Aldridge and DeRozan...

San Antonio can't be too excited with those prospects, unless they determine to completely turn over the future to their young core and move on from playoff contention this season.
    Last edited by Excessive Egotist; 12-12-2019 at 07:04 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    hopefully demar for cp3 is growing on okc so demar can help okc tank...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    cp3 + diallo + noel and the spurs season gets exciting.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see the Thunder trading him away now that they're overachieving, unless they were planning to tank all along. But we said the same about the Clippers last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reports are saying that the Pelicans have made Jrue Holiday available. I'd trade DeRozan for him. Works salary wise and would improve the D. Give them Forbes too and start Holiday with Murray and Walker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm interesting.. I am sure it is because Pop said so, but just kind of odd that there is some confusion about it.
    yeah spurs fully guaranteed it for no reason at the start of the season

timvp said it was just a goodwill gesture

chumpdumper said it was a move that was good for "signaling" to others that the spurs are still trying to win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reports are saying that the Pelicans have made Jrue Holiday available. I'd trade DeRozan for him. Works salary wise and would improve the D. Give them Forbes too and start Holiday with Murray and Walker
    why would the pelicans trade holiday for derozan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got 2 pgs and Mills. We not trading for a pg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for fun. Cuz why not.

1st Move:
    Murray/DDR/Poetl to Detroit for Drummond/RJackson ($18.5M exp contract)/1st Rd Pick

2nd Move:
    LMA/RJackson/Detroit's 1st Rd Pick to Chicago for LaVine/OPJ

3rd Move:
    Mills/Gay/Spurs 1st Rd Pick to Cleveland for Love

Lineup:
    White/Forbes/Weatherspoon
    LaVine/Walker
    OPJ/Carrol
    Love/Lyles/Luka
    Drummond/Eubanks/Metu

Fun to dream. This team would compete with both LA teams for the West.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics are loosing out this year to many young talent and they are weak at center. To me a good trade would be LMA for filler and there Grizzlies first round pick this year or next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics are loosing out this year to many young talent and they are weak at center. To me a good trade would be LMA for filler and there Grizzlies first round pick this year or next year.
    Aldridge might not be able to command a first round pick, and certainly not a lottery pick. More likely for him is a late first and an expiring or a decent prospect, an expiring, and a second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamarcus to Whiteside+Little
    Demar to Gallo+Ferguson
    Demar to Reggie+Snell+pick
    Demar to Aminu+Gordon or Aminu+Fournier
    Demar to Dieng+RoCo
    Lamarcus to Bruno+Parsons+pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those who are underwhelmed with the likely return for Aldridge and/or DeRozan, are missing one thing: While a lottery protected 1st or prospect of commensurate value might not sound great on it's own, this team is on track for a top 10 pick. Add one or both of those to that and they can probably get to top 5ish (if they're not already there on their own volition).

Since this team already has depth of youth but lacks elite young talent, that should be the goal. Consolidating, if need be, to secure one good - very good prospect, instead of multiple decent ones to add to their stockpile.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Don't see the Thunder trading him away now that they're overachieving, unless they were planning to tank all along. But we said the same about the Clippers last year.
    yeah, rumors are okc isn't trading him this season maybe they're just trying to drive up his value though...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamarcus to Whiteside+Little
    Demar to Gallo+Ferguson
    Demar to Reggie+Snell+pick
    Demar to Aminu+Gordon or Aminu+Fournier
    Demar to Dieng+RoCo
    Lamarcus to Bruno+Parsons+pick
    I wouldn't want Whiteside back from Portland. What's the appeal? He's a locker room negative. Perhaps Spurs take him and try to flip him before February 2021. Plus, if Portland is trading for Aldridge, then they would want to keep him to make a playoff push this season. I'd rather the Spurs go for Bazemore, Little, and Portland's 2022 second round pick.

Gallo has more value than DeMar, plus DeMar might opt-in which means the shallow pocketed Thunder could be on the hook for another season of salary. Spurs would have to send an additional asset to Thunder for them to consider a DeRozan/Gallo swap. Gallo would get a first from a contender. If OKC moves him, that is the deal for them to take.

Demar for Reggie + Snell + and a pick sounds rights, assuming protections.

Gordon and Fournier each have more value than DeRozan. Ross, Aminu, Bamba, and a protected pick (in exchange for taking back salaries and an injury) might work for Orlando. But San Antonio would have a hard time creating the necessary roster space for three players in a two team trade.

The Minnesota suggestion is hard to see from their perspective. I'd rate RoCo as a better player than DeRozan. Given T-Wolves GM, I don't think they're in the market for midrange shooters.

Why would the rebuilding Grizzlies surrender a pick for a past his prime All Star?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those who are underwhelmed with the likely return for Aldridge and/or DeRozan, are missing one thing: While a lottery protected 1st or prospect of commensurate value might not sound great on it's own, this team is on track for a top 10 pick. Add one or both of those to that and they can probably get to top 5ish (if they're not already there on their own volition).

Since this team already has depth of youth but lacks elite young talent, that should be the goal. Consolidating, if need be, to secure one good - very good prospect, instead of multiple decent ones to add to their stockpile.
    This argument is basically that the Spurs should lose in order to secure a top three pick. I co-sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Holiday, but he's a PG. Way too many PGs on this roster already. Plus, you'd be one of the first ones on here complaining about how PATFO's having too many PGs on this roster and Pops senile, PATFO sucks, etc...

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    expectations: trading lma and ddr for young prospects and 1st picks
    reality: mediocre old stars with huge contracts, young player from the bottom of draft and two 2nd picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Holiday, but he's a PG. Way too many PGs on this roster already. Plus, you'd be one of the first ones on here complaining about how PATFO's having too many PGs on this roster and Pops senile, PATFO sucks, etc...
    Pop is playing 2 SGs anyway, so play 2 PGs and 1 SG. Holiday replacing Forbes would actually increase the size of this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id take holiday for defrozen in a heartbeat but i doubt spurs could pull it off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Holiday would be badass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, dumbass, Jrue is a better PG than Murray, a better 2 guard than Forbes on both ends, and a better defender than DeRozan. He isn't your typical PG you ing casual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to get CP3 and Kevin Love along with Tyson Chandler. Ok they are old and broken down but so? SO?

Thread Information