Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    I saw Chris Beard at a grocery store in Lubbock yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
    He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
    I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
    The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
    When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    beard hire already paying dividends ........both players are top 15 & related.......they were both tech leans........

anthony black & keyonte george

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    With National Signing Day fast approaching on April 15, I expect Beard to make a move for Texas Tech's lone 2021 signee, four-star small forward Jaylon Tyson from Plano (Texas) John Paul II. After talking with sources this afternoon, I expect Tyson to request a release from his National Letter of Intent soon with Texas being the early overwhelming favorite.
    Three signees remain in the picture for Texas, and after talking to sources this afternoon, I am cautiously optimistic that David Joplin and Keeyan Itejere will stick through their signatures. For Emarion Ellis, there are still conversations going on behind-the-scenes on what his options are as they have expanded in the days since Shaka Smart's departure. For Tamar Bates, I can confidently say that he will not end up in Austin.
    Other Red Raiders that I am watching closely for a potential transfer are freshman shooting guard Micah Peavy and freshman small forward Chibuzo Agbo. With Texas needing to fill multiple spots via the transfer portal, I expect Beard and Texas to go all-out after any Red Raider that decides to transfer.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    bruh they are salty

Last edited by playblair; 04-02-2021 at 09:36 AM.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    texas now has an in with the head coach of the most talent rich program in texas......peavy is texas bound.........his father is the head coach of duncanville......beard is a fooking savage he gutted the tech team...........tech ad shouldve listened to beard about ua

david pevy has been offered a texas staff spot...........beard is playing the aau game bruh..........beard is savage........

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    beard shat all over tech in his press conference.......beard is the personality texas has been missing he has the we are texas at ude every one else bows to big brother

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    @GAustex isnt going to like this..........greg brown is leaning towards returning to texas for another year

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    bruh tech refused to give beard extra butter........bruh butter bruh..........tech

Soon after the 2019 tournament run, Texas Tech held a party in United Supermarkets Arena to celebrate the stupendous season. ESPN’s Fran Fraschilla was master of ceremonies. Fraschilla related an interesting anecdote about Beard. He said that, soon after the le game, he was at a gala event for coaches in which Beard was in attendance. All of the luminaries were in some sort of buffet line. Beard had his food but demanded extra butter. The server replied that there was a limit on butter, no exceptions. According to Fraschilla, Beard replied: “Don’t you know who I am? I just led Texas Tech to the national championship game, and I can’t get extra butter?” The server responded, “And I’m the butter guy and you still get only one pad!

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    bruh tech refused to give beard extra butter........bruh butter bruh..........tech

ButterGate tbh imho

i'm betting there's a 90% chance this story is BS, but if true then he's a legit a$$hole.. Anyone who prefaces a remark with "Don't you know who I am?" gets thrown into 'official bag' status in my book

where are you even getting this quotes anyway? better not be from outofplayblairsasshole.com per par etc

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Brutal for Tech. Just brutal.

Good hire. Like it a lot better than mr. all gas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @GAustex isnt going to like this..........greg brown is leaning towards returning to texas for another year
    It’s prolly the right decision as the kid needs to grow up. I wonder how he will do under Beard. Maybe it will help Brown to have an actual coach.
    If Brown gets his act together he has the tools to be a good player.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Says the guy who roots for a school who already gave Coach Crablegs a big ring.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

As long as the rich schools just keep getting richer we will never get nice things

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    ButterGate tbh imho

i'm betting there's a 90% chance this story is BS, but if true then he's a legit a$$hole.. Anyone who prefaces a remark with "Don't you know who I am?" gets thrown into 'official bag' status in my book

where are you even getting this quotes anyway? better not be from outofplayblairsasshole.com per par etc
    bruh it is very real.........its from an article written by a tech insider mod reporter from a pay site comparing beard to billie gillispie
    https://247sports.com/college/texas-...art-163521036/
    Last edited by playblair; 04-03-2021 at 06:45 PM.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    2nd player has asked out of texas loi with 2 more expected to do the same..........chris beards team will be completely made up of transfers for year 1

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    as usual shaka with another disappointing season............chris beard is a texas graduate its his dream job & cdc has already sent out fliers...........beard will be the head coach of texas next year........

Post Count
    It was just a matter of time... TBH

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If Tech keeps Mark Adams on as head coach, they'll be perfectly fine from an X and O standpoint. Just not sure about the recruiting side of it.

He's got my vote tho.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    bruh tech fans r sallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllty...........bru h they mass reported chris beards account

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Hocutt’s comment did not sit well with Paul Finebaum. On WJOX’s The Roundtable Monday morning, Finebaum ripped the Red Raiders AD for his comments.
    “You're Texas Tech,” Finebaum said. “Good. You made it to the Final Four. They played for the championship … that’s not the ceiling for Texas Tech. That’s 100 miles above the ceiling. I think, sometimes, ADs and I blame Twitter for this, they get so hung up on beating their chest that they forget how stupid they sound when they say some of the things that they say.”

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    bruh tech fans r sallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllty...........bru h they mass reported chris beards account
    of course we're all salty. That's hilarious

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    bruh chris beards first class is going to have 3 top 15 players.........bruh beard is out recruiting baylor in a season when the bears are playing for the le........

Recruitments IT believes Texas is positioned to win under Chris Beard are those of top 15 nationally-ranked guard Keyonte George (iSchool Academy/Lewisville), PG Bryce Griggs (Hightower High/Missouri City) and G/W Anthony Black (Coppell High).

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If Tech keeps Mark Adams on as head coach, they'll be perfectly fine from an X and O standpoint. Just not sure about the recruiting side of it.

He's got my vote tho.
    And there it is, it's official.

Thank god they didn't go with Darvin Ham or any of the area coaches that made the tournament this year

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ".....Considered one of the elite defensive minds in college basketball, Adams had been an assistant under Beard since 2015 while they were at Arkansas-Little Rock. Texas Tech's defense ranked 20th nationally in adjusted defensive efficiency this past season after ranking in the top 10 the previous three seasons.

Adams, a Texas Tech alum, has head-coaching experience at five schools: Clarendon College, Wayland Baptist, West Texas A&M, Texas-Pan American and Howard College...."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...sketball-coach

Thread Information