Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Big cheer for Beard most likely and a big thanks for your time here including a kick to the groin.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Still nothing to do in Lubbock?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Still nothing to do in Lubbock?
    Yeah all cows get tipped by November

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    LUBBOCK, Texas — A GoFundMe created to buy food and drinks for Texas Tech University students camping out for basketball tickets passed $10,000 Sunday.

The students are camping out to see the No. 13 Red Raiders play the University of Texas on Tuesday. It will be Tech’s first game against former coach Chris Beard, who left for UT in the offseason.

Students began camping out after Texas Tech beat Mississippi State Saturday night. The GoFundMe was created Sunday morning...

Lol sure why not, I'll throw some pizza money their way

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

I wonder what they do when the game starts? I guess they leave their tents and hope for the best that no one runs away with their stuff

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I wonder what they do when the game starts? I guess they leave their tents and hope for the best that no one runs away with their stuff
    These kids go to class? Like today...
    I guess they swap off held positions.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    These kids go to class? Like today...
    I guess they swap off held positions.
    Yeah I'd imagine they watch each other stuff when they take off for a while

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Ah yes we see Tech fan in his natural classy habitat

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Ah yes we see Tech fan in his natural classy habitat
    Thats good stuff.
    If this happened every year at home games… oops… sec…
    Keep Tech on the schedule in basketball as well.
    I like it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That was actually a much better game by Texas than the Tennessee game imo.

Got a better view of who can play.
    And what a great crowd.
    I could actually watch college basketball reg season if it was as fun as this game.

Texas is going nowhere this year but they do play hard and take care of the ball much better than under Smart.
    Last edited by pgardn; 02-02-2022 at 12:01 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

An OU fan calling a Texas coach a traitor?
    Man I bet Lincoln Riley wont visit now.

And OU and UT leaving the Big 12... so who are the traitors...

Anyways, letting a fan bother you is a little too sensitive.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Most definitely Beard needs some thicker skin than that. I thought he had it the way he handled himself this last trip to Lubbock.

Lol guess not

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    "Texas officials have halted all public ticket sales for the Texas-Texas Tech men’s basketball rematch after it became apparent that crafty Red Raiders fans were using a specific online code to buy all the tickets they could through UT’s box office website, according to three UT sources.

Seats are no longer available for purchase, but the game is not sold out, either. Just how many Tech fans did get tickets is unclear. It won’t be known for sure until tipoff at 11:30 a.m. Saturday. The Erwin Center capacity is 16,540...."

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/...er/6838043001/

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Not having a true point guard has seemed to be a big problem for UT for a while now imo, they've had plenty of good to great bigs with nobody to get the ball to them

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol crickets.

I don't blame the death on this thread tbh. I'd avoid it too probably if I was horn fan

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT has like 2 dudes who can shoot that are not liabilities on D and they can’t shoot that well.
    UT bigs cannot shoot and are a bit undersized.

UT PG is sub par.

UT has a punchers chance against good teams due to D and effort. They really though just are not that good.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    UT has like 2 dudes who can shoot that are not liabilities on D and they can’t shoot that well.
    UT bigs cannot shoot and are a bit undersized.

UT PG is sub par.

UT has a punchers chance against good teams due to D and effort. They really though just are not that good.
    They've won 20 games because of their outside shooting and above average defense. I think since the committee likes them as a 4 seed they'll have a great chance at the sweet 16

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    how does UT fan feel about Beard thus far? genuine question

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Eh
    Hard to put together a team with all transfers and dreg holdovers

We will see…

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Eh
    Hard to put together a team with all transfers and dreg holdovers

We will see…
    Pretty much how I feel. They look like cobbled together team with a new coach. It's hard to take anything from this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good.

Primarily because he has got a bunch of guys from all different places that are playing hard for him.
    They really appear to work very hard. The team defense and team rebounding is tons better than under Shaka.
    Now I dont know if he chews people's ass or pats them so that he becomes unbearable but this team is playing for him.

They just go through these long spells of not being able to score that will end any hopes of going very far in the tourney.
    The only true PG, the kid from Minn., is impressively reliable with the ball seeing that they dont have a good flow offensively. But he cannot just beat people to the basket very often. Or back off an hit the jumper consistently. Thats what the team really needs. No one is really offensively talented enough to loosen the game up offensively.

And he is actually getting kids in the seats. So when the new place opens, I bet we have a pretty good noisy crowd that I never heard.
    Last edited by pgardn; 02-22-2022 at 09:50 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech

That was a masterclass performance on how to choke away a game. rofl. Whoever the genius was that decided to run the clock out and park the bus up six with five minutes to go against a vastly inferior opponent should consider the Viability of Suicide imo. I counted atleast four times they passed up an open shot just to run the clock out in favor of jacking up a deep contested three with one second left. playing scared and not to lose against a middle of the pack team they should be dominating. Also the fact that they were fumbling easy passes and making dumb turnovers whenever TCU started to make a run gives me serious doubts on if they can handle the pressure come tournament time

Starting to feel like they are no better than last year's team and that the Sweet Sixteen is their ceiling.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tech

That was a masterclass performance on how to choke away a game. rofl. Whoever the genius was that decided to run the clock out and park the bus up six with five minutes to go against a vastly inferior opponent should consider the Viability of Suicide imo. I counted atleast four times they passed up an open shot just to run the clock out in favor of jacking up a deep contested three with one second left. playing scared and not to lose against a middle of the pack team they should be dominating. Also the fact that they were fumbling easy passes and making dumb turnovers whenever TCU started to make a run gives me serious doubts on if they can handle the pressure come tournament time

Starting to feel like they are no better than last year's team and that the Sweet Sixteen is their ceiling.
    Lol c'mon now, it's one road game.

That said, yeah my biggest concern is the huge gaping weakness that is when they get full court pressed they freak out and lose it. Happened against both UT and Baylor too.

But lol the Texas tech browns being in prime position to move to the top of the big 12 after Baylor beating Kansas and they do what browns family of chokers do.

Thread Information