Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Didn't they win the NIT?
    That’s two year reigning NIT champions to you.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Didn't they win the NIT?
    Lemme ask you
    Do you count that?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lemme ask you
    Do you count that?
    Here is actually a good NIT win.

https://www.barkingcarnival.com/2019...take-manhattan

Tied Arkansas for SWC championship did not make the NCAA tourney but won the NIT. (26-5 top 20 AP and did not make it to the tourney?)
    Arkansas made the final 4 at the NCAA championships. We did not belong... holy crap. They took 32 teams.
    This was a good team for the times. Im not sure how we got left out of the NCAA tourny as I dont know the criteria back then.

You can watch a very grainy game on the link.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    True story
    I ran a lot down at Gregory in the mid 80s and had some game.
    Johnny Moore got into a causal pickup game one day. He was barely paying attention until I got all sparky and jumped out at him thinking I was gonna D him up.

The dude was 29 feet out
    Look down at me and did not even scoff
    Just rose up and drilled a 29 footer. The sound of the ball hitting the back of the rim and through was like a cannon going off.
    It was then I truly understood what the elite-the best of the best we’re about.

Loved Abe Lemons. He and Strolling Nolan Richardson had some great battles. Abe had the LaSalle Thompson team up there until Wacker blew his knee out.

Back then the NIT counted. These past 2- not so much- to me anyway.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    fook beard...........shaka has won 3 consecutive tournaments............nit/maui/conference..............

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Didn’t win the conference
    Got a bye into the conference tourney final and won over an exhausted OSU team.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    True story
    Johnny Moore got into a causal pickup game one day. He was barely paying attention until I got all sparky and jumped out at him thinking I was gonna D him up.

The dude was 29 feet out
    Just rose up and drilled a 29 footer. The sound of the ball hitting the back of the rim and through was like a cannon going off.

Loved Abe Lemons. He and Strolling Nolan Richardson had some great battles. Abe had the LaSalle Thompson team up there until Wacker blew his knee out.

Some of my father's younger friends hated Johnny Moore and said he was an asshole in pickup games.
    I thought I remembered going to those spurs games very early in my life and them booing him and I was confused.
    Or maybe I heard them after they got back from games after a few beers and talked about him.
    Their law firm had season tickets. I still ask them about that disease he got in his brain that ended his career and... no compassion. They really, really disliked the dude. Like they dont think he belongs in the rafters type dislike.

Strange. But I believe it.
    Love Gervin. Still talk about Gervin. I like watching all the old spurs and UT games, especially the old football games.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some of my father's younger friends hated Johnny Moore and said he was an asshole in pickup games.
    I thought I remembered going to those spurs games very early in my life and them booing him and I was confused.
    Or maybe I heard them after they got back from games after a few beers and talked about him.
    Their law firm had season tickets. I still ask them about that disease he got in his brain that ended his career and... no compassion. They really, really disliked the dude. Like they dont think he belongs in the rafters type dislike.

My recollection was Desert Fever-whatever that was.
    I thought before he got sick we was outstanding PG for SA.
    He may have been a jerk. My story about the pick up game is my only exposure to him and he pretty much was aloof.
    Big dude though-i would say 6'4"

Strange. But I believe it.
    Love Gervin. Still talk about Gervin. I like watching all the old spurs and UT games, especially the old football games.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Didn’t win the conference
    Got a bye into the conference tourney final and won over an exhausted OSU team.
    They would’ve beat Kansas regardless. Who gives a how they won? If Texas had to bow out, nobody else is feeling like they didn’t earn it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They would’ve beat Kansas regardless. Who gives a how they won? If Texas had to bow out, nobody else is feeling like they didn’t earn it.
    I thought Baylor won the conference and UT won the conference tourney. Is that wrong?

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    I thought Baylor won the conference and UT won the conference tourney. Is that wrong?
    shaka has won 3 consecutive tournaments .......nit/maui/big 1 2

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lemme ask you
    Do you count that?
    Lol does anyone?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    shaka has won 3 consecutive tournaments .......nit/maui/big 1 2
    Oh right. This guy does

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    A lot of people picking up St Bonaventure on their bracket radar

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    andy katz has picked texas to play gonzaga in final four

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    rumors starting that indiana is going to hire a coach currently in the ncaa tournament from the state of texas...........beard/drew/shaka r the names being mentioned..........if indiana hires shaka texas will then hire beard..........

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If they can’t lure Brad Stevens, I could see them targeting Drew or Beard. We’re stuck with Shaka.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    True story

The dude was 29 feet out

I know what you mean.

I went to Texas Tech during the Pat Knight era (when they were bottom feeders of the Big XII). Occasionally these guys would show up to the rec center and never miss a shot. It was ridiculous, but it had to be psychological too. We'd have guards who weren't even starters on a terrible Big XII team show up to the rec center and all of a sudden they're constantly drilling shots from Steph Curry range. Then these guys get into an actual NCAA game and they're bricking open jumpers left and right.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    INDIANA BRINGING DE MONEY WHIP DOWN SOUTH

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    INDIANA BRINGING DE MONEY WHIP DOWN SOUTH
    I mean, Indiana makes sense for Beard. I think Tech would definitely match any salary, but he would be at one of the basketball Meccas. It makes a load more sense than a move to Texas where all we could do is money whip him. We’re not a better scenario. He could be a God in Indiana. I could see why he or Scott Drew wouldn’t want to leave as they’ve built their own empires. Bob Knight might have poisoned that well though.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Beard makes sense for Indiana but not the other way around. He's got no ties up there and Indiana isn't really the mecca it used to be. I mean, he turned down UNLV to go back to Lubbock.

He's also a made man now at Tech. If he moves up, the pressure is on immediately.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Beard makes sense for Indiana but not the other way around. He's got no ties up there and Indiana isn't really the mecca it used to be. I mean, he turned down UNLV to go back to Lubbock.

He's also a made man now at Tech. If he moves up, the pressure is on immediately.
    True. Hopefully he stays in Lubbock and Drew stays in Waco. The Big 12 needs great, long-term coaches in its ranks.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    bruh

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    re shaka indiana

Thread Information