Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    may have posted about this before, but imo this is the biggest shot
    appreciate the snippets. I gave up trying to read the report from my phone and will wait to get back to a desktop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These factors included, among other things, limited recollections, the inability to question Corney or refresh his recollection with relevant, classified do entation because of his lack of a security clearance, and the absence of meeting minutes that would show the specific details shared with Corney and McCabe during briefings they received, beyond the more general investigative updates that we know they were provided.

Trump Weighs Revoking Security Clearances for Several Ex-Obama Officials
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-comey-brennan

So Trump's pettiness allowed Comey an easy out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasnt the starting point of the investigation
    True. "put it over the line".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In our view, this was a failure of not only the
    operational team, but also of the managers and
    supervisors, including senior officials, in the chain of
    command. For these reasons, we recommend that the
    FBI review the performance of the employees who had
    responsibility for the preparation, Woods review, or
    approval of the FISA applications, as well as the
    managers and supervisors in the chain of command of
    the Carter Page investigation, including senior officials,
    and take any action deemed appropriate. In addition,
    given the extensive compliance failures we identified in
    this review, we believe that additional OIG oversight
    work is required to assess the FBI's compliance with
    Department and FBI FISA-related policies that seek to
    protect the civil liberties of U.S. persons.
    So basically Horowitz found the Carter Page FISA warrant was legal.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were briefed before the public release genius.
    so what? the point still stood at the time fathead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    appreciate the snippets. I gave up trying to read the report from my phone and will wait to get back to a desktop.
    ... as you know this FISA process has been my biggest area of interest throughout this whole saga. and tbh you ended up being right that there were a lot of errors on FBI's part, including woods procedures (i am officially removing the "muh" designation). i still dont think this vindicates the hoax/witchhunt talk at all.

i'll probably get through the whole thing throughout the week. i also know copy/pasting the text off these searchable PDF's has spacing issues where there are line breaks in the doc, but im not gonna go back and fix them, so you'll have to deal with that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. "put it over the line".
    put the probable cause required to get a warrant over the line

so people who have said "no steele dossier = no fisa" were right. but people who said the steele dossier had anything to do with launching/opening the investigation were wrong

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not been fully released to the public so you expect a “LOOKS LIKE” from Devin Nunes to be accurate?

Preemptive attempt to sway his spooners like you.
    can you read this post from this morning?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they seemed content with Page, which would be a very odd for an FBI "out to get Trump"

As described in Chapter Five, although the Crossfire Hurricane team was also interested inseeking FISA surveillance targeting Papadopoulos, the FBI OGC attorneys were not supportive becausethe FBI had no information that Papadopoulos was being directed by the Russians. FBI and NSDofficials told us that the Crossfire Hurricane team ultimately did not seek FISA surveillance ofPapadopoulos. We were also told that the team also did not seek FISA surveillance of Manafort orFlynn, and we are aware of no information indicating that the Crossfire Hurricane team requested orseriously considered FISA surveillance of Manafort or Flynn.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    ... as you know this FISA process has been my biggest area of interest throughout this whole saga. and tbh you ended up being right that there were a lot of errors on FBI's part, including woods procedures (i am officially removing the "muh" designation). i still dont think this vindicates the hoax/witchhunt talk at all.

i'll probably get through the whole thing throughout the week. i also know copy/pasting the text off these searchable PDF's has spacing issues where there are line breaks in the doc, but im not gonna go back and fix them, so you'll have to deal with that
    muh woods procedures

Horowitz was tasked with the Page FISA app, not the opening of the investigation. We'll learn more about the hoax/witch hunt angle when Durham finishes. He's already been reported to have expanded into Halper's role as a government contractor.

Horowitz also isn't going to make determinations on whether or not the FISA applications should have been accepted/renewed as that is for the FISC to decide, but he made clear all the bull he found in them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothing about Flynn's 302, from what i've skimmed through

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

wow

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    muh woods procedures

Horowitz was tasked with the Page FISA app, not the opening of the investigation. We'll learn more about the hoax/witch hunt angle when Durham finishes. He's already been reported to have expanded into Halper's role as a government contractor.

Horowitz also isn't going to make determinations on whether or not the FISA applications should have been accepted/renewed as that is for the FISC to decide, but he made clear all the bull he found in them.
    You said the investigation was opened because of the dossier

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    There’s no bias. But keep kicking that can down the road

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    But now the DOJ IG wasn’t tasked with probing the investigation

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    nothing about Flynn's 302, from what i've skimmed through
    Wouldn't expect anything as this was about the Page FISA app

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    muh woods procedures

thats disputed by the report itself, tbh, but can predictably kicked

Our review includedexamining:

The decision to open Crossfire Hurricane and fourindividual cases on current and former membersof the Trump campaign, George Papadopoulos,Carter Page, Paul Manafort, and Michael Flynn;the early investigative steps taken; and whetherthe openings and early steps complied withDepartment and FBI policies;

• The FBI's relationship with Christopher Steele,whom the FBI considered to be a confidentialhuman source (CHS); its receipt, use, andevaluation of election reports from Steele; and itsdecision to close Steele as an FBI CHS;

• Four FBI applications filed with the ForeignIntelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) in 2016 and2017 to conduct Foreign Intelligence SurveillanceAct (FISA) surveillance targeting Carter Page; andwhether these applications complied withDepartment and FBI policies and satisfied thegovernment's obligations to the FISC;

• The interactions of Department attorney BruceOhr with Steele, the FBI, Glenn Simpson of FusionGPS, and the State Department; whether workOhr's spouse performed for Fusion GPS implicatedethical rules applicable to Ohr; and Ohr'sinteractions with Department attorneys regardingthe Manafort criminal case; and

• The FBI's use of Undercover Employees (UCEs)and CHSs other than Steele in the CrossfireHurricane investigation; whether the FBI placedany CHSs within the Trump campaign or taskedany CHSs to report on the Trump campaign;whether the use of CHSs and UCEs complied withDepartment and FBI policies; and the attendanceof a Crossfire Hurricane supervisory agent atcounterintelligence briefings given to the 2016presidential candidates and certain campaignadvisors.
    yeah, he'd be overstepping and basically put himself in the shoes of a FISA judge, which he's not qualified to do.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Wouldn't expect anything as this was about the Page FISA app

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    TSA why didn’t you tell me Ivanka did business with Steele?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol spygate

The Use of Confidential Sources (OtherThan Steele) and Undercover EmployeesAs discussed in Chapter Ten, we determined that, during the 2016 presidential campaign, theCrossfire Hurricane team tasked several CHSs, which resulted in multiple interactions with Carter Page andGeorge Papadopoulos, both before and after they were affiliated with the Trump campaign, and one with a high-level Trump campaign official who was not a subject of the investigation. All of these CHS interactions were consensually monitored and recorded by the FBI. As noted above, under Department and FBI policy, the use of a CHS to conduct consensual monitoring is a matter of investigative judgment that, absent certain cir stances, can be authorized by a first-line supervisor (a supervisory special agent). We determined that the CHS operations conducted duringCrossfire Hurricane received the necessary FBI approvals, and that AD Priestap knew about, and approved of, all of the Crossfire Hurricane CHS operations, even in cir stances where a first-level supervisory special agent could have approved the operations. We found no evidence that the FBI usedCHSs or UCEs to interact with members of the Trump campaign prior to the opening of the Crossfire Hurricane investigation. After the opening of the investigation, we found no evidence that the FBI placed any CHSs orUCEs within the Trump campaign or tasked any CHSs orUCEs to report on the Trump campaign. Finally, we also found no do entary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivations influenced theFBI's decision to use CHSs or UCEs to interact withTrump campaign officials in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation.

Although the Crossfire Hurricane team's use ofCHSs and UCEs complied with applicable policies, we are concerned that, under these policies, it was sufficient for a first-level FBI supervisor to authorize the domestic CHS operations that were undertaken inCrossfire Hurricane, and that there was no applicableDepartment or FBI policy requiring the FBI to notifyDepartment officials of the investigative team's decision to task CHSs to consensually monitor conversations with members of a presidential campaign. We found no evidence that the FBI consulted with any Department officials before conducting these CHS operations. We believe that current Department and FBI policies are not sufficient to ensure appropriate oversight and accountability when such operations potentially implicate sensitive, cons utionally protected activity, and that t hey should require, at minimum, Department consultation. As noted above, we include a recommendation in this report to address this issue.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

thats disputed by the report itself, tbh, but can predictably kicked
    Thanks...wasn't aware it had expanded that much from original intent of Page FISA.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He quiet as

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Thread Information