Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Trash and his mafiya are innocent, why have they, and still are, guiltily forgetting, lying, obstructing the investigations?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really curious here how you fault the FISC and not the FBI.
    "FISA courts have always been poorly overseen and easy targets for law enforcement to abuse over individuals rights, IMO.

The more fascist pieces of like Barr say they need these "essential tools" the more you can bet we can probably do better."-- previous statement.

"law enforcement" includes the FBI. The FBI was foremost in my mind under that term, but I left it broader as I am sure that is not the only federal agency of law enforcement that would, or does abuse police powers.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Seemed reasonable at first. Which I find pretty appropriate.

The remainder, after that:

[quite a few sections showing exculpatory information was omitted, both initially, and in the lazy re-applicaitons]

Legal, but sloppy, and not motivated by politics, but rather alarm at something that seemed quite serious. OP holds up.
    trying to sugarcoat the massive ups by the FBI

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    "FISA courts have always been poorly overseen and easy targets for law enforcement to abuse over individuals rights, IMO.

The more fascist pieces of like Barr say they need these "essential tools" the more you can bet we can probably do better."-- previous statement.

"law enforcement" includes the FBI. The FBI was foremost in my mind under that term, but I left it broader as I am sure that is not the only federal agency of law enforcement that would, or does abuse police powers.
    I was responding to this statement

Already noted FISA courts suck ass. I don't like them. This just confirmed my su ions about them.
    How was the FISC supposed to know the FBI was lying on the applications?
    How was the FISC supposed to know emails submitted as evidence had been altered?
    How was the FISC supposed to know Page was a vetted source for the CIA if it was omitted from the application?
    How was the FISC supposed to know Steele was not reliable and his reports were uncorroborated if it was omitted from the application?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trying to sugarcoat the massive ups by the FBI

I said it was an abuse of an individual's rights. Not quite "sugar coating". If you prefer:

Sloppy, and intentionally misleading

As I have said: abuse by law enforcement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How was the FISC supposed to know emails submitted as evidence had been altered?
    How was the FISC supposed to know Page was a vetted source for the CIA if it was omitted from the application?
    How was the FISC supposed to know Steele was not reliable and his reports were uncorroborated if it was omitted from the application?
    I like to put hot sauce on my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. For reals.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol wut?

Are you going to apologize to the fine men and women of the FBI for slandering them?

Is your cult daddy going to apologize to PAge/Strock/Ohr etc?

The FBI were legally in pursuit of traitors conspiring with Russians - this will never change and your defense of these traitors

says everything - anyone needs to know about you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you going to apologize to the fine men and women of the FBI for slandering them?

The FBI were legally in pursuit of traitors conspiring with Russians - this will never change and your defense of these traitors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disagree on it being a pretty big detail as they still used the unverified dossier and lied on the FISA applications, omitted exculpatory evidence, and didn't follow the Woods procedures in order to obtain the warrant.
    it shows restraint. they didnt go for a warrant when they didnt think they had enough legit evidence to back it up. imo that shows some integrity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA never missed any opportunity to disparage Mr. Steele and the dossier. dunno. not really going to go searching.
    he had stated that the dossier was the basis upon which the fisa warrant was applied for/granted, and that is correct

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    it shows restraint. they didnt go for a warrant when they didnt think they had enough legit evidence to back it up. imo that shows some integrity.
    If they thought they had enough legit evidence they wouldn’t have lied about Steele’s past reports on the application.
    If they thought they had enough legit evidence they wouldn’t have omitted Page being a vetted CIA source on the application.
    If they thought they had enough legit evidence they wouldn’t have altered and falsified an e-mail submitted as evidence for the application.

shows some integrity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw, from page 197... renewal of fisa ap

Arenewal permits the government to continue FISA authority targeting a U.S. personfor an additional 90 days if the facts of the investigation continue to support afinding that there is probable cause to believe the targeted individual is an agent ofa foreign power
    you need to show that the investigation is furthering your grounds for PC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they thought they had enough legit evidence they wouldn’t have lied about Steele’s past reports on the application.
    If they thought they had enough legit evidence they wouldn’t have omitted Page being a vetted CIA source on the application.
    If they thought they had enough legit evidence they wouldn’t have altered and falsified an e-mail submitted as evidence for the application.

shows some integrity
    it does. its one thing if they decided, "hey this trump guys, lets get a warrant to surveil papaG despite not having PC. oh, our warrant was denied? , lets get some made up bull and call that PC"

there's no evidence that they were "out to get trump" hence the lack of finding of any political bias in launching the investigation, or even in using steele as a source.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Did the OIG slander the FBI today by detailing the lies, omissions, and falsified do ents they used to obtain a FISA warrant on Page?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    it does. its one thing if they decided, "hey this trump guys, lets get a warrant to surveil papaG despite not having PC. oh, our warrant was denied? , lets get some made up bull and call that PC"

there's no evidence that they were "out to get trump" hence the lack of finding of any political bias in launching the investigation, or even in using steele as a source.
    Lying, omitting, and using falsified do ents to obtain a FISA warrant = integrity

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Did the OIG slander the FBI today by detailing the lies, omissions, and falsified do ents they used to obtain a FISA warrant on Page?
    There was no bias

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lying, omitting, and using falsified do ents to obtain a FISA warrant = integrity

i didnt say they acted with complete integrity. i already posted many snippets from the report showing serious wrongdoing on their part. im speaking of integrity strictly in the context of acting in a politically biased manner.

overzealous law enforcement cutting corners to get warrants, unfortunately, is far from scarce. i think you can find misconduct at large if you had the opportunity and resources for an investigation like this after all kinds of criminal inquiries, not just ones of this magnitude. thats not to underplay it or call it "ok." but its not particularly surprising that in something this big, they found issues.

i think the falsification of the emails is a pretty big deal, and that person probably should do time. i dont see any reason why we should look at their initial use of steele as politically motivated. they had worked with him before, and after discussing how to handle the oppo research background of the dossier, decided to go with the footnote. some people thought they should have done more. there was no finding that the footnote was a misrepresentation or omission according to the report, from what i've read

what the OIG laid out today is very important and i'm glad they've recommended all kinds of new procedures which the FBI seems ready to adopt to help prevent further abuses. but they still found that the investigation was launched for proper purposes, with the proper factual predicate, and that at no point did they find that the actions were politically motivated. lets not suddenly act like that wasn't the big accusation behind spygate and russia hoax witch hunt, the unraveling, etc
    Last edited by spurraider21; 12-09-2019 at 06:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If memory serves, you have claimed repeatedly that the Steele dossier was used to kick all this investigation off. You have said it repeatedly, and loudly.

I guess I could comb through all your old posts to prove that, but I don't think you are worth the effort anymore.

Now it is simply "part of" the justification for the FISA warrant, which no one really doubted.

The IG report you listed stated that there were good reasons, as I have pointed out, to take the dossier somewhat serious to begin with, albeit with fact checking all the way.
    My memory in this case was incorrect.

Had to thumb through a bit.

At least one of the polemic walls of text articles implied as much, but TSA's stated opinion was more guarded.

Never said the Steele dossier alone was sufficient to get a FISA warrant.
    Went and did what I said I wouldn't, but the facts and truth matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he had stated that the dossier was the basis upon which the fisa warrant was applied for/granted, and that is correct
    triggered

I already said I think the Steele dossier was used to secure the FISA warrant. You keep trying to push the false narrative that I think the Steele dossier was the sole factor in securing the FISA warrant. I don’t care if the Steele dossier was or wasn’t used for the FISA warrant. I’m more interested in Bruce and Nellie Ohr’s involvement with the Steele dossier. A top DOJ official intimately involved in the opposition research of a candidate is a much bigger story than the dossier itself.
    Used, yes, but the sole basis, no.

He did go all up and down about how this was a politically motivated witch hunt. Post after post after post on it.

That didn't pan out at all. The big secret conspiracy he was so SURE existed... didn't, and that is a much bigger point to make, IMO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that doesn’t look like an apology

those look like “process crimes”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big booms coming. (for real this time!)

Also from the same thread.

My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    While Mr. Horowitz has damaged the image of the FBI (another notch in Putin's belt), I commend him for not capitulating to "President" Trump.

The mission lives on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, what happened to Ohr ! consequential errors in judgment. far cry from some politically motivated witch hunt

are they going to prison yet? susan rice? samantha powers?
    Last edited by spurraider21; 12-09-2019 at 06:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, what happened to Ohr !

are they going to prison yet? susan rice? samantha powers?
    Michael Flynn?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Flynn?
    that one has been accused and convicted of a crime

Thread Information