Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    u can not make this ish up............our front office got taken to the woodshed again..........thanks brian wright unless we trade Demar and re sign Jakob, it's possible we will get less for Kawhi than they will get for Davis.

The Washington Wizards seemingly lucked their way into adding 6'10" three-point sniper Davis Bertans this summer.
    The sharpshooter only became available once the San Antonio Spurs thought they needed cap space to sign Marcus Morris, who had an agreement to come to the Alamo City but later second-guessed it and took a one-year, $15 million deal with the New York Knicks.
    The Wizards' good fortune on the Bertans front has continued into the season. Powered by a career-high 27.8 minutes per game, he's posting personal bests almost across the board, including 3.1 threes per game and a 43.0-percent success rate on his long-range looks.
    That combination of volume and accuracy is sure to draw attention around this shooting-crazed league, and it seems that's already taking place.
    "Bertans is a difference-maker when it comes to his play on the court," a scout told ESPN's Bobby Marks. "Don't be surprised if teams are willing to give up a first-rounder for him closer to the deadline."
    The 27-year-old sits 10th overall in threes per game, and his 43 percent splash rate ranks 12th among players with 30-plus triples. Any team with spacing concerns would be glad to grab him.
    So why might the Wizards consider giving him up? Because they're going nowhere fast without John Wall this season, and Bertans isn't signed beyond it. While Washington could conceivably hope to keep him this summer, the reward of an extra first-rounder might be too enticing to pass up.
    Last edited by playblair; 11-22-2019 at 03:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fckn horrible deal for the spurs. I mean other teams were clearly interested in davis but of course spurs dump him for absolutely nothing for a player they werent even sure was signing yet
    Last edited by slick'81; 11-22-2019 at 03:23 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Come to the Clippers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb ass ing FO. They hedged their bets on Forbes the cuck instead of Bertans. It was one or the other and Pops has a man crush on a 6'2 undersized nonexplosive 2 guard instead of a 6'10 agile bomber from deep

Bryn has two kids and davis only 1,priorities

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Bertans proving he's not a product of the Spurs system has to have his market value on the rise. He's basically putting up the same numbers he did in San Antonio (on a per possession basis) on a terrible team so other teams will know his skills are portable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Bertans proving he's not a product of the Spurs system has to have his market value on the rise. He's basically putting up the same numbers he did in San Antonio (on a per possession basis) on a terrible team so other teams will know his skills are portable.
    Not surprising, he's tall and got a quick trigger. He's a good athlete for his size too but he's a little awkward on defense.

I still don't blame the team for doing the trade bc what Marcus Morris did was unprecedented.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since 2014 which players were product of the "Spurs system"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the Spurs fault. And Davis won't get a 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    since 2014 which players were product of the "Spurs system"?
    Mason, Neal, and currently Forbes.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fckn horrible deal for the spurs. I mean other teams were clearly interested in davis but of course spurs dump him for absolutely nothing for a player they werent even sure was signing yet
    This is the kind of disingenuous I’m tired of reading here. They had a verbal commitment and all the years of free agency that same verbal commitment has only fallen apart 3-4 times... just off the top of my head.

They made the right move and had what is considered to be a standard run of the mill commitment. The same as every 1st day signing out there. This was all on Morris and a complete lack of ethics.
    Last edited by BacktoBasics; 11-22-2019 at 04:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all the people ting on him this whole time. Now the L is seeing he's as good as advertised, if not better, given more minutes. this fanbase sometimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the kind of disingenuous I’m tired of reading here. They had a verbal commitment and all the years of free agency that same verbal commitment has only fallen apart 3-4 times... just of the top of my head.

They made the right move and had what is considered to be a standard run of the mill commitment. The same as every 1st day signing out there. This was all on Morris and complete lack of ethics.

Of course but atleast they could of pryed away a second rounder u know for s and giggles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how the same people that were hating Bertans on ST now miss him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how the same people that were hating Bertans on ST now miss him

Who hated davis? Everyone knew he "could"play but he wasnt going to play here under pop.My point is spurs sunk his value soo much he was no more then a salary dump when spurs should of atleast gotten some sort of asset/pick in return.Obviously morris was that percieved asset but oh well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprising, he's tall and got a quick trigger. He's a good athlete for his size too but he's a little awkward on defense.

I still don't blame the team for doing the trade bc what Marcus Morris did was unprecedented.
    he has solid one-direction athleticism. vertical jump, decent straight line burst. but anything involving lateral movement... he looks like a baby deer learning how to walk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still unplayable in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being a Spurs fan is taking years off my life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u can not make this ish up............our front office got taken to the woodshed again..........thanks brian wright unless we trade Demar and re sign Jakob, it's possible we will get less for Kawhi than they will get for Davis.
    Great point!

Speaking of Kawhi . . .

Let's see, how did this bumbling FO get Bertans in the first place?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Kawhi . . .

Let's see, how did this bumbling FO get Bertans in the first place?
    Larry Bird passed up the opportunity to get a 19 YO #2 and add him to Paul George. A little perspective here please. Both guys were healthy nine years ago. THAT was a screwup. #2 quit on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like these articles are coming out just to try and attack the spurs because we’ve been so good for so long, between this and the Paul George thing appearing someone is after the spurs brass lol probably Stephen Jackson

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, the ST consensus is we should get over the Leonard debacle. Move the thread downstairs, blah blah blah.
    And rightfully so. That mess can't be undone, one way or the other. But then BS like this is constantly brought to the table here. The Bertans trade (and Morris reach) was a result of trying to fill one of the many holes left by #2's baggery, albeit a year later.
    So, now we should have kept Bertans because he filled a need? But if we had kept him, and he did fill that need, we wouldn't shop him during the upcoming deadline, so we wouldn't get a first rounder for him. None of this emo makes sense.
    Just jump already, or move on. Jesus. F-ing. Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the Spurs fault. And Davis won't get a 1st.
    All the contenders will be looking at Davis come deadline time. He's more than worth a late first round pick for teams with championship aspirations that are lacking that one piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i bet yah patfo will use the excuse, delivered 5 rings

yeh keep on living in the past wankers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still unplayable in the playoffs.
    So is the majority of the Spur's current roster

Thread Information