Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit blaming DeMar!

I'm goin with the eye test.... LA has checked... out. Zero heart and he knows it. The guy still has game and everybody knows it. He "could" decide to go beastmode in the paint... which is a mindset 100%. The guy just checked out.

DeRozen is actually balling within his capabilities. Why do we blame the guy if he's playing like he has his entire career? I actually think the guy has played even better than in the past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you. I feel like DeRozan and Gay have both played well. I think LMAs not-giving-a- ness is effecting the whole team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit blaming DeMar!

I'm goin with the eye test.... LA has checked... out. Zero heart and he knows it. The guy still has game and everybody knows it. He "could" decide to go beastmode in the paint... which is a mindset 100%. The guy just checked out.

DeRozen is actually balling within his capabilities. Why do we blame the guy if he's playing like he has his entire career? I actually think the guy has played even better than in the past.
    You are actually right. start carroll for defensive purpose with murray. let DDR or LA create and open spot up shooters and corner 3s for marco, bryn, patty or even rudy and carroll.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA has successfully brought his loser culture from Portland to SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But “retire his jersey”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know if you retire a guy's jersey it means he won't play any more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Demar so he can play for a team that isn’t fielding G-League players. Someone who’s compe ive like him deserves better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had the thought DDR would opt in next year because of the $, but I no longer think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, DDR is doing what he can do and doing it pretty well, at least on one side of the court. LMA has looked house since his near 40 point outburst, and he wasn't doing much before that either.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit blaming DeMar!

Aldridge is 34 now. He can't go beast mode any time he wants only when he can. He can't be beats mode, best rim protector and dominate rebounder avgerging 32 minutes a game at 34 with no rest games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is blaming DeMar. He's the only player who has a high value that can net you something good in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me, the problem is Forbes. Pop is convinced he can turn him into Curry 2.0. He's best role will always be some offense from the bench.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me, the problem is Forbes. Pop is convinced he can turn him into Curry 2.0. He's best role will always be some offense from the bench.
    Pop doesnt think that. He thinks he's the best 3pt shooter on the team and he is correct

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of us didn’t want him to begin with, and that’s one of the reasons. That was the beginning of the end. And Pop’s coaching plummeted after that, too.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar had energy tonight and played with better pace. Good for him. But typically his languorous approach to the game negatively affects the whole team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop doesnt think that. He thinks he's the best 3pt shooter on the team and he is correct
    Actually, Mills is a better 3pt shooter than Forbes, and even a better defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar had energy tonight and played with better pace. Good for him. But typically his languorous approach to the game negatively affects the whole team.
    languorous
    Excellent. I had to look that one up.
    languorous describes it perfectly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest issue with Forbes is that he's the ONLY shooter in the SL now. His shot-selection has become because he seems to feel the need to shoot for everyone else. You need three if not four guys on the floor shooting threes at a decent clip nowadays, and Pop often fields at most two. I'll sound like a broken record if I repeat that Pop needs to make guys shoot them even if they aren't good at them. Right now, they're playing effectively four-in, and that just won't work. Put some more shooting on the floor, and you can curtail Bryn's bad shots, drive his efficiency back up and improve his metrics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest issue with Forbes is that he plays at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, I have been advocating to trade him, and being attached on this forum because of it, since before nephew left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest issue with Forbes is that he's the ONLY shooter in the SL now. His shot-selection has become because he seems to feel the need to shoot for everyone else. You need three if not four guys on the floor shooting threes at a decent clip nowadays, and Pop often fields at most two. I'll sound like a broken record if I repeat that Pop needs to make guys shoot them even if they aren't good at them. Right now, they're playing effectively four-in, and that just won't work. Put some more shooting on the floor, and you can curtail Bryn's bad shots, drive his efficiency back up and improve his metrics.
    Bryn isn’t really good enough to worry about tbh..I would not do anything in mind with helping him out. I would just yank him out of the rotation pretty much.

Plus his defense is so bad it tanks everyone around him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, they're playing effectively four-in, and that just won't work.
    That seems like a logical statement when watching the team play but how much can we complain about a team that is top five offensively?

Looking at things objectively, the Spurs offense is totally fine. It's the defense that needs work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn isn’t really good enough to worry about tbh..I would not do anything in mind with helping him out. I would just yank him out of the rotation pretty much.

Plus his defense is so bad it tanks everyone around him.
    I'd give Forbes a chance to prove he's not the worst defender in the league when he's mostly defending bench players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u guys are ing insane to want to keep demar based on a few games despite his decades worth of history...HE ING SUCKS...he is empty calories and he will ALWAYS let u down in the playoffs...they BOTH need to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd give Forbes a chance to prove he's not the worst defender in the league when he's mostly defending bench players.
    That’s fair. Out of the rotation was harsh..meant more out of the SL and used in an appropriate manner.

Thread Information