Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They cant defend the drive to save their lives.

All time great defensive team my ass. Statistically, they have been in the 10th percentile defending the most common offensive set. .

Beverly a fake "great" defender.

Anytime Lou and Harrell defending

Restnard Never healthy leonard

Playoff P

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Low IQ poster from Failippenis with another ty take
    Last edited by Yogatti; 11-23-2019 at 03:12 AM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's November, Kawhi and PG have played a whopping two games together. Way too early to start drawing conclusions for the playoffs.

Also, you can't judge a team's defense off games against the Rockets, a team that the refs won't allow anyone to play defense against in the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's November, Kawhi and PG have played a whopping two games together. Way too early to start drawing conclusions for the playoffs.

Also, you can't judge a team's defense off games against the Rockets, a team that the refs won't allow anyone to play defense against in the regular season.
    nah man.

Lou, and Harrell are huge defensive liabilites. That is certain.

And Kawhi is bringing the team down with all his resting. They cant find a rhytem. He will cause them to fall to 4-5...and ultimately lose against one of Nuggets, jazz, houston.

I can these teams just hunting Lou and Harrell. Anytime that pick and roll defense become lou and Harrell..its game over.

You dont win championships with players like williams and Harrell playing together for significant minutes.

No team has won a confrence finals with that much liabilities

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KL is autistic level efficient. That is really underrated given the chuckfest coming from "superstars" in the league on any given night (see Westbrook cancering out in Houston tonight fwiw). With that kind of consistency, if Paul George can elevate his game to get anywhere close to the hype surrounding his move to LA, it could get interesting if the team stays healthy. The caveat is if LW Jordan Crawfords the Clippers out of too many games by never seeing a shot he doesn't like but so far so good.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Hopefully Clippers keep resting guys and slump to the #4 seed so they can dump Lebron in the 2nd Round

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hopefully Clippers keep resting guys and slump to the #4 seed so they can dump Lebron in the 2nd Round
    If Lakers and Clippers meet in the playoffs every game will be a Lakers home game. Like the Chargers they are the red-headed stepchild who will never get a large fan base or respect in LA no matter what they do.
    Last edited by namlook; 11-27-2019 at 01:43 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Lakers and Clippers meet in the playoffs every game will be a Lakers home game. Like the Chargers they are the red-headed stepchild who will never get a large fan base or respect LA no matter what they do.
    I would love a wcf with the clips. LA will be entertaining af again. but you’re right every game would be a laker game.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers need some size, a legitimate big man. They really have no answer for matching up with the bigs of the Lakers, 76ers, and Nuggets. You can't have Harrell and Zubac playing center against these teams...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm not sweating the Clipps. If the Lakers are healthy, I fear no team in the NBA.

People talk about Kiwi like he MJ or some . He's good, but he's not transcendent like a lot of you farmers think. No doubt in my mind AD >>> Playoff P. But let's compare Kiwi (9th year) to LBJ (17th year):

Player Efficiency Rating (PER): Kiwi (25.14 ); LBJ (27.65)
    Advantage: LBJ

Advantage: Kiwi - barely

FG%: Kiwi (44.2% LMAO) LBJ (49.3%)

3pt FG%: Kiwi (30.6% ); LBJ (35.1%)

Assists per game: Kiwi (5.4 LMAO); LBJ (11.0)
    Advantage: LBJ more than doubles Kiwi's assists, handles the ball more and still turns the ball over less

Turnovers per game: Kiwi (3.6); LBJ (3.2)

Steals per game: Kiwi (2.0); LBJ (1.2)
    Advantage: Kiwi

Rebounds per game: Kiwi (8.0); LBJ (7.4)

Blocks: Kiwi (0.8); LBJ (0.6)

Minutes played per game: Kiwi (31.8); LBJ (35.3)

Games played: Kiwi (13 LMAO); LBJ (17)
    Advantage: LBJ - no load of crap management

Free throws: Kiwi (83.5%); LBJ (68.0)

Out of 12 categories, here is the final tally: LBJ 7; Kiwi 5.

Even in his 17th year, LBJ still better than Kiwi. LBJ scores about the same as Kiwi, LBJ doubles his assists, LBJ's assist to turnover ratio is better, they rebound about the same, LBJ shoots better from the field and from 3, they both block shots about the same, and LBJ doesn't cheat the
    fans with load of crap management. If it were not for "superstar" calls and
    his 83% free throw shooting, I'm not sure Kiwi makes the all-star team. Talk about your NBA manufactured superstar

LBJ > KiwiPERIOD. And I trust our frontline vs Trez and Zu in a 7 game series. Any woman will tell you, size matters

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Clippers need some size, a legitimate big man. They really have no answer for matching up with the bigs of the Lakers, 76ers, and Nuggets. You can't have Harrell and Zubac playing center against these teams...
    Size matters. Like the Shaq Laker days and the MVPau/Odumb/Baby Drew era, if you got a big versatile front line, you can cause issues for the opposition. I'd argue this frontline the Lakers got this year is better than the MVPau era. If they can stay healthy (big ass IF for AD), the Lakers will wear down a lot of teams and give the Clippers problems too.

Trez is fast and kind of strong, but he's probably 6'8". Zu (that's still my dude ) is legit 7footer, but he still soft. The Lakers are #1 in swats per game. If the Clipps aren't hitting outside shots, they gone be in trouble too. The Lakers are 5th in stopping 3pt shots (teams are shooting 33.3% from downtown vs the Lakers).

Protecting the paint still matters and protecting the 3pt line is huge - especially in today's NBA. For example, all Mike D wants is for his Rockettes to shoot 3s, layups/dunks and freebies. Lakers are elite defensively (so far) in protecting both areas.

So unless Kiwi and Playoff P metamorphosize into the Splash Brothers, I ain't sweating themPERID

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^I mean, i'm not worried about Lebron and AD. I expect them to show up in the playoffs.

It's the supporting cast that has to step up and be consistent if they wanna have a legit shot, especially the IG model.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^I mean, i'm not worried about Lebron and AD. I expect them to show up in the playoffs.

It's the supporting cast that has to step up and be consistent if they wanna have a legit shot, especially the IG model.
    Good points. I am gonna say something controversial: Rondo is gonna be a major factor for this team. LBJ is the defacto PG. But what happens to the role players when LBJ sits? The offense gets stagnant. But Rondo is giving us 5.3 apg in 21 minutes off the bench. Compare that to LBJ's league leading 11apg. Lakers rank 6th in effective FG% (54%) and 5th in assists/game at 26.6 apg. This tells me that they are sharing the rock really well.

Clipps got good perimeter defenders, but can they consistently run faster than a pass? If the Lakers move ball, eventually their perimeter players will get tired of all that hustling. Then we will pound their candy asses down low

The Lakers have shooters (Troy Daniels, Danny Green, Quinn Cook, Kuz), finishers (LBJ, AD, Dwert, Kuz, even Javelle), rebounders and shot blockers (our front line is huge and versatile) and perimeter defenders (Avery Bradley, DG and KCP). My only concern is big wing defenders. If we can get Iggy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    112 Clippers
    102 Lakers

Oct 22, 2019.

Laker Phans

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    112 Clippers
    102 Lakers

Oct 22, 2019.

Laker Phans
    1st game of the regular season. Lakers were indoctrinating 9 new players. Clipps had their 2018 core + Kiwi. Even so, the Lakers are 15-1 since

I do expect the Lakers to be 15-3 after tonight tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 > 0

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A team from another state beat these guys.
    FIFY

1 > 0

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Size matters. Like the Shaq Laker days and the MVPau/Odumb/Baby Drew era, if you got a big versatile front line, you can cause issues for the opposition. I'd argue this frontline the Lakers got this year is better than the MVPau era. If they can stay healthy (big ass IF for AD), the Lakers will wear down a lot of teams and give the Clippers problems too.

Trez is fast and kind of strong, but he's probably 6'8". Zu (that's still my dude ) is legit 7footer, but he still soft. The Lakers are #1 in swats per game. If the Clipps aren't hitting outside shots, they gone be in trouble too. The Lakers are 5th in stopping 3pt shots (teams are shooting 33.3% from downtown vs the Lakers).

Protecting the paint still matters and protecting the 3pt line is huge - especially in today's NBA. For example, all Mike D wants is for his Rockettes to shoot 3s, layups/dunks and freebies. Lakers are elite defensively (so far) in protecting both areas.

So unless Kiwi and Playoff P metamorphosize into the Splash Brothers, I ain't sweating themPERID
    We just need to stay healthy homie, it would be nice if our role players step up and give LBJ/AD chances to rest 4th quarters. That would be a solid positive. As for the clipps, Lakers size might be too much, but they have to play big. Lots of PnR's with AD, lots of post ups. Vogs is a good coach, i think he will make the proper adjustments.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Clippers are the favorites. I would take AD and Lebron over PG and Kawhi. But outside of that, the Clippers are better. Not saying the Lakers aren't capable of beating them in a 7 game series. It's not like the Warriors where we knew no one could beat them. But Clippers are favorites.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We just need to stay healthy homie, it would be nice if our role players step up and give LBJ/AD chances to rest 4th quarters. That would be a solid positive. As for the clipps, Lakers size might be too much, but they have to play big. Lots of PnR's with AD, lots of post ups. Vogs is a good coach, i think he will make the proper adjustments.
    Agreed. I haven't really seen PnR too much with Bron and AD since preseason. That play is easily their go-to when they need a bucket. Nobody on the Clipps will be able to stop it ( , I saw AD drop 46 on them last year, with Jrue as his Robin).

I'm not gonna test the LkrFan curse. What concerns me is Bron's mileage and AD being fragile (historically). We need them to stay healthy to have any chance to do anything.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think Clippers are the favorites. I would take AD and Lebron over PG and Kawhi. But outside of that, the Clippers are better. Not saying the Lakers aren't capable of beating them in a 7 game series. It's not like the Warriors where we knew no one could beat them. But Clippers are favorites.
    Yup facts. I believe AD and LBJ are better but clippers are a better team imo. They have a good bench and are perhaps a true big man away from being even more dominate . I still don’t think Zubac is ready for that challenge and harrel is nice but undersized for the 5. I’m sure a great mind like west is already surveying the field to see what trades he can make. I believe the clippers are the #1 fav but I still believe we have a change along with Denver HOu and maybe Utah. It’s nice knowing it’s not a huge gap as you said with GSW. eveeyone has a legitimate chance in the west

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agreed. I haven't really seen PnR too much with Bron and AD since preseason. That play is easily their go-to when they need a bucket. Nobody on the Clipps will be able to stop it ( , I saw AD drop 46 on them last year, with Jrue as his Robin).

I'm not gonna test the LkrFan curse. What concerns me is Bron's mileage and AD being fragile (historically). We need them to stay healthy to have any chance to do anything.
    Yup, i feel like in pre season thats all we saw. Hopefully a sign of things to come. These are good problems doe, unlike the farmers, figuring out what to do with deFrozen and LMA. O yeah, and how to cope with davis bertrans straight balllin

Thread Information