Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compare the Rockets’ NET rating with Westbrook playing (+1.9 per 100 possessions) and without (+11.2 per 100 possessions). And if you account for Westbrook playing and Harden not, you get -17.4 per 100 possessions.

Given these stats, do you think Westbrook is a problem for the team? If so, is this a problem that can be solved with time? What needs to happen for Westbrook to become a more positive contributor?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes been their best player this season. the net rating is lying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a problem for every team he plays with in crunch time. Just runs around all crazy and chucks low percentage shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol none of you losers have watched the rockets play this year.

James harden is putting up points, but Westbrooks been the best player in almost all their close games.

typical westbrook haters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D'antoni system demands guards that can actually shoot so he's a big problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, not a problem. The Rockets always need a scapegoat in the post season and CP3 left.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Frauden is the Rockets' problem, not Westbrook. Too much cap space and control over the offense given to a "star" who's completely reliant on bogus officiating.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yes. Huge one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frauden is the Rockets' problem, not Westbrook. Too much cap space and control over the offense given to a "star" who's completely reliant on bogus officiating.
    both are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    truth!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boom.

Westbeast has been awesome this year.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    the is wrong with y'all. I hate that Harden got and it pains me to say it but he is just an absolute beast on offense and he's absolutely carrying that team in spite of Westbrook...all advanced metrics indicate that the Rockets absolutely terrible with Harden off/Westbrook on, mediocre with both of them on the floor, and elite with Harden on/Westbrook off. Westbrook is still the same low IQ chucker he's always been and still chooses to pull up and take a 3 in crunch time when his team is only down 1 give me a break. Dude is a cancer. Rockets would have been better off keeping CP3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boom.

Westbeast has been awesome this year.
    Try Hard up there wanting to keep forcing the "I think differently" narrative. Go back and your aunt some more Pinoy boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can never understand why kobe haters can be Westbrook lovers. Westbrook is the less PR savvy version of Kobe.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    the is wrong with y'all. I hate that Harden got and it pains me to say it but he is just an absolute beast on offense and he's absolutely carrying that team in spite of Westbrook...all advanced metrics indicate that the Rockets absolutely terrible with Harden off/Westbrook on, mediocre with both of them on the floor, and elite with Harden on/Westbrook off. Westbrook is still the same low IQ chucker he's always been and still chooses to pull up and take a 3 in crunch time when his team is only down 1 give me a break. Dude is a cancer. Rockets would have been better off keeping CP3
    Frauden isn't carrying . He's getting carried by the refs per par. He's now starting to his pants against basic double-teams and crying to the media about it.

It literally doesn't matter which star you try to put next to Frauden, it's always going to play out the exact same way. They're just going to stand around while Frauden dribbles, chucks and flops all game. Eventually they'll get disgruntled and be replaced by the next failed sidekick so the glorification of Frauden's empty regular-season stats can continue. That's all the Rockets care about, after all: stat-padding, not winning. #SwagChamps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frauden isn't carrying . He's getting carried by the refs per par. He's now starting to his pants against basic double-teams and crying to the media about it.

It literally doesn't matter which star you try to put next to Frauden, it's always going to play out the exact same way. They're just going to stand around while Frauden dribbles, chucks and flops all game. Eventually they'll get disgruntled and be replaced by the next failed sidekick so the glorification of Frauden's empty regular-season stats can continue. That's all the Rockets care about, after all: stat-padding, not winning. #SwagChamps
    Truth bomb

Harden cycles through costars like strippers, except the Rockets make it rain Noah level on these useless frauds.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes been their best player this season. the net rating is lying.
    Player fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The usual suspects showed up to cup his balls while the other sucks him off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, not a problem. The Rockets always need a scapegoat in the post season and CP3 left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rocket fan wants to trade Westbrook for Blake Griffin . I wonder how long Morey can run this never ending trade train of players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've really gotta bend over backwards to defend Westbrook at this point. The amount of talented teammates he's had is ridiculous-- Durant, Harden, Ibaka, Oladipo, Sabonis, Paul George... he doesn't make people better, and he stirs up trouble by being stubborn and inefficient. His high volume 3pt shooting and BBIQ are always the elephants in the room, whether coaches and teammates say it or not. His advanced stats are in a clear & steady decline, he'll turn 32 soon, and his contract is a payroll nightmare. His natural talent and energy will get a team some wins, but his glaring shortcomings guarantee that no team he starts for will have a shot at a championship.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 09-21-2020 at 07:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've really gotta bend over backwards to defend Westbrook at this point. The amount of talented teammates he's had is ridiculous-- Durant, Harden, Ibaka, Oladipo, Sabonis, Paul George... he doesn't make people better, and he stirs up trouble by being stubborn and ineffecient. His high volume 3pt shooting and BBIQ are always the elephants in the room, whether coaches and teammates say it or not. His advanced stats are in a clear & steady decline, he'll turn 32 soon, and his contract is a payroll nightmare. His natural talent and energy will get a team some wins, but his glaring shortcomings guarantee that no team he starts for will have a shot at a championship.
    You forgot Carmelo. Harden is right there with him. They started a scheme/gimmick in OKC and only Durant can take it to the endzone using it, but he needed to nut-ride a champ to do so. Their FT line march and stat whoring gimmick basically exploited not only the MVP race but also the rankings and their own salaries, paid by teams that are lying about building for a championship and worshipped by ignorant boxscore watching fans like DJohn. You don't bring in Carmelo and Mike D and think you're getting a ring, not really.

Thread Information