Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I'll probably get ed at this one, but he's basically a mix of CP3, Harden, and Larry Bird. The ability to stop and go in the Pick and Roll reminds of CP3. The way he finishes in the lane/stepback 3 is Harden-esque and that post-up, non-athletic fadeaway reminds you of Bird
    he's approaching roddy beaubois territory

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Slovenian GF. As long as he avoids American women, skys the limit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    best player
    Top 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    best player
    Top 5
    he can be top 5.

Granted even Jokic had a crazy run last year.

As it stands i dont know why anyone would think hes top 10..ie better than Jokic, embiid etc in a 16 game sample size

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    best player
    Top 5
    thought you were done and gone for the year you crybaby got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's clearly in the conversation. Just look at his numbers and team record.

You obviously can't crown someone less than 20 games into a season, but it's possible he could be an MVP candidate if he were to continue as he is currently going.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tonight will be a good test vs the Clippers.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Right now he is top 3, what's funny about that? But I doubt that he'd become great defender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is actualy a good defender vs players his size. When he guard smaller guys he has problems. He's also not that concentrated on defense, but that will get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's definitely a special player... i'm no player fan but it's not hard to see the talent this kid has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a fat, non athletic and out of form Luka was still better than 95% of the league. I'd feel pretty sad if I worked out all summer long, just to get ed by this fatso.
    And yea, if he gets in shape he'd be a much bigger problem. Also, should be leading the MVP voting by a lot actually. That team is dog and he has them 5th.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Actually, I think the taller, fatter version of Luka is the best player in the league, Jokic. I think he's the best player in the league and by a good margin. Plus, he plays defense now too. He's not a great defender and won't get a bunch of highlight reel blocks. But he's improved to the point that he's not only not a liability on defense, he's actually a plus defender.

He does pretty much everything Luka does but better. Better passer, better shooter, better post up, more efficient. And he's bigger. And while he has the ball in his hands a lot, he doesn't need to be ball dominant to be effective.

I imagine Jokic is a lot like the stories of what Arvydas Sabonis was in his prime in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic is fantastic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Slovenian GF. As long as he avoids American women, skys the limit
    Was 2019.
    Update 2022?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    interesting how a solid but non-star player like dinwiddie has opened things up so immensely for luka, and now hes not forced into chucking 12 bad shots a game while double teamed simply because his team is so offensively inept. now he can actually pass out of traps and doubles and feel some level of confidence that his teammate is capable of making the right play, instead of having to reset the play every time he gets trapped

would sure be interesting to see how the team would do if they could simply have a quality starting center

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Told y’all there is some Bird in his game.
    Yes style wise he a Pierce m/Harden hybrid
    But when it comes to being a great passer and rebounder …check
    Grapefruit cajones check
    Creative scorer who you can’t stop from getting to his spots check
    Bird the better shooter and tougher player
    Luka got the better handle and a tick more athleticism
    Not sure why people fight the comparison because apparently it’s the cool thing now to compare white players to black ones
    If that makes you happy I see a touch of Magic too

Btw his gf is hot as balls why would he need an American skank?!

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    the best thing going for him is he already has three unguardable shots that he hits at a dangerous rate (all at difference ranges, and exploit different types of defenders), the floater, the fadeaway, and the step back three. few great players even have one consistent unguardable shot, and he already has three which all compliment each other. it's amazing.

if he works on 1) getting in better shape, 2) hitting his FTs at a higher clip, and 3) not getting bothered by refs and trash talk, he will unquestionably be the best player in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic is closer to Bird than Doncic when it comes to passing tbh

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    birds best passing was generally him whizzing no look passes out of the post, or in transition. Luka does that as well as anyone today, but his strength is in manipulating defenses. hes more like LeBron in that regard, he sees how openings develop before defenses can react to it.

tbh if he didn't have two centers with stone hands and bad IQ, Luka could easily get an extra 2-3 assists per game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ 5+ more assists with centers with better hands and shooting.
    Of course if he had better shooters it may also cut down on his assists, especially if said bigs could create their own shot.

Finney-whatever and Hardaway Jr are just chuck city. Occassionally they are on. Finney a net neg big time.
    Another Cuban flop.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    ^ 5+ more assists with centers with better hands and shooting.
    Of course if he had better shooters it may also cut down on his assists, especially if said bigs could create their own shot.

Finney-whatever and Hardaway Jr are just chuck city. Occassionally they are on. Finney a net neg big time.
    Another Cuban flop.
    um finney isnt a chucker at all. he was an undrafted player that has developed into a starting quality glue guy for a reasonable price. not sure how thats a flop at all.

but hardaway is definitely useless unless hes hitting, his contract is definitely a flop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs another great shooter. I already said, Klay would be a perfect teammate for him. He does not need a big that puts up big numbers, just one that can finish alley oops and sets good picks. The fact that Dallas is 4/5th is also a miracle and him not being a top 3 MVP candidate just shows you american jouros are stupid as . People still having Ja over him, cause he can jump high, even tho Mempshis plays better without him. Put Luka out of Dallas and they win 15 games in a season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The addition of Spencer Dindindin should take some pressure off Luka

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. It's between Jokic and Antetokounmpo, with Embiid next. He's got an argument to headline the next tier with Durant, James and Curry.

Thread Information