Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That nutmeg pass he did tonight sure looked like Larry Legend to me …

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That nutmeg pass he did tonight sure looked like Larry Legend to me …
    lol please post all the Larry Bird career nutmegs. They are not even remotely similar in style. Just admit you made a generic “white guy is the same as other white guy” comparison, and feel good that Shaq or Kendrick Perkins or whoever validated your dumb take.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But when it comes to being a great passer and rebounder …check
    Magic Johnson and Russell Westbrook, both high assist & rebound point guards with questionable outside shooting…..hey they must be exactly alike!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol please post all the Larry Bird career nutmegs. They are not even remotely similar in style. Just admit you made a generic “white guy is the same as other white guy” comparison, and feel good that Shaq or Kendrick Perkins or whoever validated your dumb take.
    Talk about generic and basic … because it was between his opponents leg .. and MAYBE Bird did not do the same that means there is no similarity in how they use their passing to make someone look silly?
    I already stylistic wise said he is more harden/pierce with a dash of Manu …
    But Luka has shown flashes of being more than any of those 3 and when he does those things; a creative pass or a trick shot it reminds me more of bird than anyone else. I saw bird a lot from 84 to about 89 not sure how much you saw but for me it’s more about his feel more than his skin tone. If you can’t see that or don’t want to … that’s on you. And I never said he was a carbon copy like Kobe mimicking MJ.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hey mono I saw 1 (nutmeg on sikma) in the first three minutes with a quick YouTube search asshole!
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 03-26-2022 at 02:46 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Btw as great as a passer as Luka is Bird passes are better he and magic have better vision Than LeBron or Luka … at least Mono and his dumb ass posts gave me a reminder on how nice Larry passing was

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    gotta love that 80s footage where videos are sped up to make plays look more fast and impressive than they actually were

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Talk about generic and basic … because it was between his opponents leg .. and MAYBE Bird did not do the same that means there is no similarity in how they use their passing to make someone look silly?
    I already stylistic wise said he is more harden/pierce with a dash of Manu …
    But Luka has shown flashes of being more than any of those 3 and when he does those things; a creative pass or a trick shot it reminds me more of bird than anyone else. I saw bird a lot from 84 to about 89 not sure how much you saw but for me it’s more about his feel more than his skin tone. If you can’t see that or don’t want to … that’s on you. And I never said he was a carbon copy like Kobe mimicking MJ.
    Hey mono I saw 1 (nutmeg on sikma) in the first three minutes with a quick YouTube search asshole!
    Btw as great as a passer as Luka is Bird passes are better he and magic have better vision Than LeBron or Luka … at least Mono and his dumb ass posts gave me a reminder on how nice Larry passing was
    4 consecutive posting meltdown because you got your feelings hurt over being so wrong

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Deflecting when you are wrong … mature.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Btw as great as a passer as Luka is Bird passes are better he and magic have better vision Than LeBron or Luka
    not sure where you see this. pretty much any pass i have seen one of them make, i would say all of them would make. i dont look at any of their highlights and say "oh larry would never see that pass" or "lebron would totally have missed that". they are all basically on an even level when it comes to passing and vision, which is among the greatest ever. there is a much lower ceiling on the skill of passing/vision, compared to something like scoring.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Deflecting when you are wrong … mature.
    resorting to “I know you are but what am I?” because your comparison is so bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka reminds me more of a mid career Boris Diaw. Today we celebrate Boris Diaw, the genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure where you see this. pretty much any pass i have seen one of them make, i would say all of them would make. i dont look at any of their highlights and say "oh larry would never see that pass" or "lebron would totally have missed that". they are all basically on an even level when it comes to passing and vision, which is among the greatest ever. there is a much lower ceiling on the skill of passing/vision, compared to something like scoring.
    Manu was a more creative passer than either of them.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    more nutmegs. neat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 turnovers in the 2013 Game 6 Championship giveaway.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    resorting to “I know you are but what am I?” because your comparison is so bad.
    You the one arguing against another person’s comparison, which is subjective.
    You asked for a clip of Bird doing a nutmeg pass I found one in less than 5 minutes.
    You were wrong so you are going at me which is hilarious … I see something as do others that you don’t it happens.
    Just say you still disagree despite the visual evidence You asked for … fine.
    I apologize for the asshole comment though you were acting like one.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You the one arguing against another person’s comparison, which is subjective.
    You asked for a clip of Bird doing a nutmeg pass I found one in less than 5 minutes.
    You were wrong so you are going at me which is hilarious … I see something as do others that you don’t it happens.
    Just say you still disagree despite the visual evidence You asked for … fine.
    I apologize for the asshole comment though you were acting like one.
    “He nutmeg’d once, therefore Luka=Bird” what a stupid, simplistic way to think. If you insist on comparing a white guy to Larry Bird, the clear comparison is Jokic. Their passing styles are way more similar than Luka’s is.

If you watch Luka and watch Bird and think there’s a bunch of similarity to their games, you either watch the game at a child’s level, or you just see “derrrr white guys!” which would make sense if you get your basketball takes from Kendrick Perkins or Screamin A Smith.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    the main similarities of Luka and bird other than the obvious, is they both have an ability to get physical to hit tough midrange shots, and their general ability to use moves and footwork to create something out of nothing despite being athletically inferior to most elite scorers

but their approach and play style are very different. Luka is a point guard with the ability to dominate in the post. bird was a dominant high post forward with some point guard skills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the main similarities of Luka and bird other than the obvious, is they both have an ability to get physical to hit tough midrange shots, and their general ability to use moves and footwork to create something out of nothing despite being athletically inferior to most elite scorers

but their approach and play style are very different. Luka is a point guard with the ability to dominate in the post. bird was a dominant high post forward with some point guard skills.
    Why is Doncic a PG but James isn't? Not sure how much time Johnson spent defending PG's, but if it wasn't much (my guess is Scott/Cooper mostly did), same thing.

There's no way Doncic should be being compared to small guards like Young and Morant. Of course he's better or less of a liability in a myriad of areas just on sheer size/strength.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Why is Doncic a PG but James isn't? Not sure how much time Johnson spent defending PG's, but if it wasn't much (my guess is Scott/Cooper mostly did), same thing.

There's no way Doncic should be being compared to small guards like Young and Morant. Of course he's better or less of a liability in a myriad of areas just on sheer size/strength.
    the same reason Timmy was a "power forward" yet would be the guy defending and being defended by Shaq, yao, bynum, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is the best player in the NBA. Or Giannis. I could argue either one. And Jokic. He’s good but he’s not best player good. Would love to see a series between the two teams though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

mono what he said here is pretty much what I said … it’s about feel, the ability to get to spots etc. Jokic maybe more like Bird passing style wise … but Bird moves better than Jokic which is why I think the Bird comparison fits better. Again I never said Bird/Luka were identical , multiple times I’m compared Luka to a mix of Harden Pierce and Manu but you ignore that to post this crap.

Neo nice job of articulation on the comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 turnovers in the 2013 Game 6 Championship giveaway.
    Magic also screwed up and had terrible turnovers during the 1984 Finals

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea why is anyone even comparing Luka to Bird.. well other than cause they are white, which is a re ed reason... Anyway, Luka is clearly a non athletic LeBron.

Thread Information