Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Seriously? It doesn't seem that hard to stop a one trick pony, no matter how damn good that trick is.

I'm sure Belichick will if they meet in the playoffs. Just like how Tomlin wisened up and did that against the Broncos in the playoffs in 2011 to shut down that gimmicky offense.

Also, just keep your base defense in against almost any personnel other than five wide. Consider 4-4 against the 12 personnel look. Cover-zero run blitzes, keep a spy allocated to the QB on all "pass" looking plays. Why would defenses do anything else? Why would you ever keep a free safety back against the Ravens at all? It's stupid. Only one defender in coverage is necessary per route runner.

9 men in the box every down (okay, maybe not 4th and 20) would completely stymie Baltimore's gimmicky offense once and for all.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    marquise brown and mark andrews have been punishing teams that try that

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    marquise brown and mark andrews have been punishing teams that try that
    A lot of 5, 10 yard catch and long runs. But what happens when you press man? Lamar Jackson can't beat you deep. Lol.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I see the Rams packing the scrimmage line on every play. Ravens are just blasting over them.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I see the Rams packing the scrimmage line on every play. Ravens are just blasting over them.
    How would YOU recommend stopping the Ravens?
    Last edited by Chinook; 11-25-2019 at 10:41 PM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    A lot of 5, 10 yard catch and long runs. But what happens when you press man? Lamar Jackson can't beat you deep. Lol.
    ... Have you not been watching the Ravens this year? Jackson can beat you deep, and he will run circles around bigger defenders if you play big. If you play small, they'll power run with three TEs.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

Think you have to hope they fumble early and get behind. Jackson is an excellent passer, but at least if you stop them from running, you can defend them. The opposing offense needs to do more to give their D a chance.
    Last edited by Chinook; 11-25-2019 at 10:42 PM.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

Think you have to hope they fumble early and get behind. Jackson is an excellent passer, but at least if you stop them from running, you can defend them. The opposing offense needs to do more to give their D a chance.

Ok, what's the deal here?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Well he's a mod, looks like he accidentally clicked edit my post instead of new post before duplicating it in a post of his own. Maybe an internal server error
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 11-25-2019 at 10:54 PM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Glitch city apparently. I said/tried to say:

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    oh and my bad Chinook , someone a couple years ago told me you were a female. I guess they were wrong.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Probably have to attack their defense. Is this a team that can come back down from say a 14 point lead? That would be a test to see if they could. The offense will be more tricky. Probably would need an exotic scheme like the Chargers did last postseason.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Probably have to attack their defense. Is this a team that can come back down from say a 14 point lead? That would be a test to see if they could. The offense will be more tricky. Probably would need an exotic scheme like the Chargers did last postseason.
    They have the best secondary in the NFL this year and it's not really close (sorry, Patriots and Minnesota but it's true), it's on par with the Seahawks of 2012-2014. Hard to really attack the Ravens defense. Those DBs will literally sprint to the LOS to stop a run play, too.

The strength of the Ravens is their elite defense, but now their offense is downright scary too so it's hard to argue that they're not the best team in the league. They certainly were NOT among the best in the first 5 weeks of this season when they got punked at home by the Browns/almost lost to a depleted Steelers in OT, but they certainly are now.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Until they compete a double digit comeback - no. They failed to do so against KC. Rarely do teams stroll thru the postseason you have to prove you can execute Plan B, C, etc. 49ers, Patriots and Seahawks have already proven so.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    IMO the last thing you should do against the Ravens is stack 8-9 in the box for two reasons:

1.) You're giving Lamar the opportunity to throw against man-to-man coverage with very little safety help over the top, and

2.) If Lamar runs and breaks through the initial wave of defenders, you're in a world of hurt.

If anything, I'd do the opposite- play only 2-3 down linemen and keep everyone else at the second and third levels. A UFO type of defense. That way you have more defenders to rally to the ball if he runs, you don't have pass-rushers getting too far up the field and taking themselves out of the play, and you've got plenty of help over the top. IMO it's the best way to minimize big plays. Make Lamar throw short, accurate passes in traffic and drive his team in 10-12 plays.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Every Lamar Jackson thread reminds me that we passed on him for Sony Michel

Thread Information