Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We have 5 Guys here. I think that place is overrated. It’s a pretty standard restaurant burger with mushrooms that cost 9 bucks. Been there a couple times, never understood the hoopla.
    Agreed. 5 Guys tastes just like Burger King, which I detest.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    WB and InO are apples and oranges. But here is how I determined who wins. In-N-Out puts ing 1000 island dressing on their animal style. That's what you did in the 80's and it's laughable. Whataburger makes a chorizo burger and only seasonal. That's the winner right there.
    This is how I know you haven’t really been there often. In-N-Out Burger famous spread is not 1000 island dressing. There’s no hint of ketchup in their dressing. It’s a salty sweet pickley drippy spread the taste delicious on their burgers and fries. Russian dressing taste completely different and it’s thicker.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I don't know why people talk about In N Out's fries. They taste like legit potatoes without all the additive crap.
    Sometimes they come out a little bit burnt. If you don’t go there often you might think the fries are always that way. I spread them out on the plate and eat them with a fork and dip them in In-N-Out spread. Like once a month maybe. Then I do 35 push-ups.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    agreed. one of the downsides of moving east has been the loss of in n out for a quick, cheap, yet solid burger.
    No White Castle in the Carolinas?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I thought Carls Junior tasted EXACTLY like Burger King, and for a higher price.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is how I know you haven’t really been there often. In-N-Out Burger famous spread is not 1000 island dressing. There’s no hint of ketchup in their dressing. It’s a salty sweet pickley drippy spread the taste delicious on their burgers and fries. Russian dressing taste completely different and it’s thicker.
    It's like generic 1000 island. Been to them in Dallas, Austin and SA. I just don't get the 1000 island burger. I-n-O is a technically good burger. A little more synthetic and sanitized. WB is more the old fashioned burger stand type. A bit earthier and sloppy. Chorizo>1000 island.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    No White Castle in the Carolinas?
    nope. none here in virginia either. its basically sitting down and paying 12 dollars for a burger at a restaurant or going to mcdonalds, hardees (carls jr). i dont mind mcd's tbh, but in n outs burgers were just a better quality. i'm also really going to miss the habit

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Page 5

Chorizo

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    nope. none here in virginia either. its basically sitting down and paying 12 dollars for a burger at a restaurant or going to mcdonalds, hardees (carls jr). i dont mind mcd's tbh, but in n outs burgers were just a better quality. i'm also really going to miss the habit
    get some ground beef, onion power, garlic powder, salt, sesame seed buns and a griddle.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

Chicag

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    But, Public Storage is based in LA.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    But, Public Storage is based in LA.
    Are you on the spectrum?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    White Castles all over Minnesota. When I saw those insane prices I never went.
    I should've once just for the experience; but oh, well.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I didn't much care for it the first time or two I went. Not sure if my pallet was just off or if they were.
    Been great ever since.

No way it's down on BK level. No way. I agree it's overpriced though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    We have 5 Guys here. I think that place is overrated. It’s a pretty standard restaurant burger with mushrooms that cost 9 bucks. Been there a couple times, never understood the hoopla.
    Agree...totally overrated. Too damn greasey...but I guess that's the appeal for some people.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Are you on the spectrum?
    Do bears in the woods?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    White Castles all over Minnesota. When I saw those insane prices I never went.
    I should've once just for the experience; but oh, well.
    I went recently when I was driving through New Jersey. It was good but definitely not worth going out of your way for.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Whataburger over In-n-out...especially if you get take out because the bun from In-n-out is soggy as by the time you get home.

In-n-out as on the same level as Steak-n-Shake or Freddy's, tbh.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Whataburger over In-n-out...especially if you get take out because the bun from In-n-out is soggy as by the time you get home.

In-n-out as on the same level as Steak-n-Shake or Freddy's, tbh.
    Whataburger is soggy AF (especially if you make the mistake to get ketchup on the burger instead of on the side like a grown-up) and more than twice as expensive.

In-N-Out and Steak-N-Shake are both solid value for the price (Freddy's is mediocre and overpriced), but Steak-N-Shake's customer service is quite shoddy. They're always way understaffed, take a half hour to serve a simple hamburger and fries combo, and one time they gave my girlfriend fried chicken that was raw on the inside.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    aside from some of their unique burgers, whataburger is highly overrated

a simple cheeseburger with house sauce and typical veggies (lettuce tomato onion pickles), in and out >>>>>>>>>>> whataburger

lol @ people saying in and out bun gets soggy when thats basically whataburgers signature. their bun is basically a generic walmart-quality white bun that sticks to your teeth and the roof of your mouth the moment you bite it

quality of in and out ingredients is far better than whataburger

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Agree on the customer service of steak-n-shake ...downright terrible.

Whataburger is soggy AF (especially if you make the mistake to get ketchup on the burger instead of on the side like a grown-up) and more than twice as expensive.

In-N-Out and Steak-N-Shake are both solid value for the price (Freddy's is mediocre and overpriced), but Steak-N-Shake's customer service is quite shoddy. They're always way understaffed, take a half hour to serve a simple hamburger and fries combo, and one time they gave my girlfriend fried chicken that was raw on the inside.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

a simple cheeseburger with house sauce and typical veggies (lettuce tomato onion pickles), in and out >>>>>>>>>>> whataburger

lol @ people saying in and out bun gets soggy when thats basically whataburgers signature. their bun is basically a generic walmart-quality white bun that sticks to your teeth and the roof of your mouth the moment you bite it

I have not had a single bad experience with Whataburger in 20 years of occasional patronage. I mean besides the long wait times.

You want to see a super soggy bun try Sonic . It's like they dip it in a cup of water before they put the sandwich together.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Which cost $8.50 and you can easily replicate at home for a quarter of that cost.

Thread Information