Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams are letting it fly from the perimeter because there is no resistance. , players are just walking into shots bc they can just shoot over Mills and Forbes. DeMar is a clown as well on defense.

Every team is going after the Spurs via the 3 point
    line and rightfully so. Nothing will change until Pop stops putting those guys out there.
    Agreed but that still doesn't change the fact that this team doesn't have an offense that can compete for a full 48 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, it looked like Becky was responsible for the challenge on that KAT charge into DDR. One of the replays showed Pop in the background and he wasn't even looking that direction when it happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I've been watching a lot of games so far. There are some bad coaches who would either not play a promising prospect, play favorites with a poor player, make bad coaching decisions, or zig when he should zag.

But there is no coach doing all of the above like Poop this season. Not one. He is bad this year....No not bad...straight up ing awful.

Not that it matters though. He still put together a bad team and wouldn't make the playoffs even if everyone reached their ceiling.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I have to watch the Spurs lose, I would much rather see the young guys. They're more entertaining, and they will get better. Brynn, Patty, Beli aren't going to get better. I'm not sure featuring the young guys would have resulted in any more losses, either.

I am really, really tired of watching the same show every game.
    Exactly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still, awesome game all around:

-Lonnie absolutely embarrassing the old
    -Spurs have been easy money all season long
    -Another L towards the tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's be real...he's a charity case. Him and his kids would be in the soup line if it wasn't for Poop and the Spurs forcing him into the league.
    We can say the same about Gary Neal, Bonner, Ayres, and Joffrey, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is so anti-clutch. I know it's popular to say that the offense isn't the problem but that's not true. They simply can't keep up with other offenses for 48 minutes. They see other teams seamlessly reach back and launch bomb after bomb but our players just don't have that repertoire. Of course, the defense is a problem too but this offense is antiquated.
    this team doesn't have enough 3-point shooters. Wolves were daring Derrick White to shoot all night and he only made 1/6. Our PGs are not good 3-point shooters and Carroll/Lyles are too inconsistent. Rudy and Forbes were just off tonight. Team is garbage no matter how you put it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie was awesome despite the ending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can say the same about Gary Neal, Bonner, Ayres, and Joffrey, tbh.
    Neal was actually kind of clutch and Bonner could at least get his hands up and annoy dudes. Forbes is just ing useless and is nothing more than a coaches pet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I've been watching a lot of games so far. There are some bad coaches who would either not play a promising prospect, play favorites with a poor player, make bad coaching decisions, or zig when he should zag.

But there is no coach doing all of the above like Poop this season. Not one. He is bad this year....No not bad...straight up ing awful.

Not that it matters though. He still put together a bad team and wouldn't make the playoffs even if everyone reached their ceiling.
    worst coach in the league this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The play of the game - that bull reverse whatever by Marco...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still, awesome game all around:

-Lonnie absolutely embarrassing the old
    -Spurs have been easy money all season long
    -Another L towards the tank
    Exactly

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed but that still doesn't change the fact that this team doesn't have an offense that can compete for a full 48 minutes.

You realize that the Spurs made more FG's than the T-Wolves, and they took a LOT more FGA's? Remember when the Spurs almost always shot more FT's then their opponents? They played disciplined team defense. Lately they're giving up more than they're getting. Poor defense is still a big part of this. If they take more FT's than the Wolves, it's still a tossup game, even with all the extra 3's. Not to mention that a lot of the 3's were the result of terrible defense.

The only way this roster gets back above .500 is by putting defenders on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your roster is severely outgunned when it comes to 3pt shooting?

So what does this genius coach to do? Tries to outgun other teams by giving his "shooters" all you can eat minutes. Instead of relying on the athleticism of your young guys (Lonnie, DWhite, Dejounte) and trying to create havoc on defense and getting out in the open court, this old always has a garbage No3/NoD player out there at all times then tries to slow it down on offense with ing Derozan and Lamarcus.

What an absolute disaster of a coach this year. The Spurs would be a .500 team with any other coach in the league. Any single other coach in the league. I absolutely ing believe that.
    I agree with you 100%. Jim Boylen would have a better record with this team than Flopovich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't really have defenders though and those that can defend don't give much offensively. Piss poor roster construction, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team doesn't have enough 3-point shooters. Wolves were daring Derrick White to shoot all night and he only made 1/6. Our PGs are not good 3-point shooters and Carroll/Lyles are too inconsistent. Rudy and Forbes were just off tonight. Team is garbage no matter how you put it
    I do not completely agree. Lyles was starting to show some confidence and consistency, and who knows about Carroll. If he ever got some consistent rotational minutes, we might get a sample large enough to determine if he was consistent. Wasn't he a DNP again tonight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to Dnp some players and let walker play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we already lost a ton of games and PO weren’t looking likely but I feel like this was the nail in the coffin on the season and any hope of making the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not completely agree. Lyles was starting to show some confidence and consistency, and who knows about Carroll. If he ever got some consistent rotational minutes, we might get a sample large enough to determine if he was consistent. Wasn't he a DNP again tonight?
    It might work, which is why I prefer Carroll starting instead of Forbes. But you know, the head coach won't do that. Which is why they will never get consistent minutes for us to get a larger sample size to figure out if what you said is true or not

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defense was spectacularly bad in that 4th quarter. Whatever mediocre offense he gives you(20 points on midrange shots) can't offset what he takes away on the other end. There's no coincidence that he ranks at the bottom of every On-Off chart for the Spurs. He just doesn't impact games in a positive manner.
    Exactly, he holds a team back as much as he contributes.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't start and play G- League players AKA Bryn Forbes and expect to win games.
    This . That's why its pointless bagging Demar and LA game.

Bryns and MarCo are starters and role players playing consistent mins . Didn't matter how bad or ineffectual they played today . POP still played them . That has to stop.

The other guy is Rudy . like other days , he was off today a well . POp should of recognized and gone with Trey or Demarri . Didnt happen. He has his favourites

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's keep hanging on until Murray's minutes restriction ends. That could be the spark that turns around the sinking ship

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not one to worry too much. Especially this early in the season, but this is right down scary. Worrisome. Our defense sucks. The players look disinterested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize that the Spurs made more FG's than the T-Wolves, and they took a LOT more FGA's? Remember when the Spurs almost always shot more FT's then their opponents? They played disciplined team defense. Lately they're giving up more than they're getting. Poor defense is still a big part of this. If they take more FT's than the Wolves, it's still a tossup game, even with all the extra 3's. Not to mention that a lot of the 3's were the result of terrible defense.

The only way this roster gets back above .500 is by putting defenders on the floor.
    I'm not disagreeing with that but they also made more FGS and took more FGA's than we did in the 4th because they can reach back unlike us. Our problems are on both ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neal was actually kind of clutch and Bonner could at least get his hands up and annoy dudes. Forbes is just ing useless and is nothing more than a coaches pet.
    You mean clutch like letting a shoeless player score over you?

Thread Information