Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I put this in the other thread, but

DD, Forbes and Metu for Bogdonovic, Ariza(or Corey Joseph) and Bjelica works on the trade checker, Spurs can throw a second round pick if necessary.
    I like it. Maybe give them Beli too

White/ Dejounte/ Quinndary
    Lonnie/ Mills/ Keldon
    Bogdonavic/ Carroll/ Ariza
    Aldridge/ Lyles/ Gay/ Samanic
    Poetl/ Aldridge/ Eubanks

Somewhat of a glut in forward spot though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdonavic is an UFA next summer right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm back and forth on trading Derozan. Stat wise he's the Spurs best player offensively overall. He's not a threat from downtown though and the Spurs could really use an efficient three point shooter. On defense he sucks almost every game he plays except a few here and there, but even then it's not much to brag about.

If the Spurs are going to trade him they really need to try to trade him to Orlando. If Orlando wants more scoring then Derozan can provide that for them. I'd only do it if the Magic are willing to give up Gordon and Ross or Ross and Fournier. If the Spurs can include Belinelli and acquire Bamba as well then even better.

I'd rather trade Aldridge to be honest, but his value sucks. Some seem to think that Boston really needs help in the frontcourt and Aldridge could provide that help. A package of Hayward and Williams III for Aldridge and Belinelli would be nice. Not sure Boston would do that.
    Yes to both. That’s great return for these “stars”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely think its stunting Murray. To me, he needs to have more shooting around him so he can develop properly. In addition, a LMA DDR lineup is just boring. If we could pull off those two trades we could play faster (which helps Murray too) and would have more 3 pt shooting. That would be much more enjoyable to watch.
    Excellent point. The boring aspect of this team is understated. Yeah we all want to win but if you’re losing and boring as thats the worst combo. Bringing in Gordon and/or Drummond would at least make the games entertaining.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdonavic is an UFA next summer right?
    Yes, I believe so, he would have to get paid, but I would rather pay him than DD, he fits with our youth movement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge to Portland for Nurkic + first rounder
    Derozan to Magic for Bamba + Fournier or Ross
    I'll take this trade. Give Pop his Euro player, Vet in Ross, Youth in Founier, plus the future with a pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it. Maybe give them Beli too

White/ Dejounte/ Quinndary
    Lonnie/ Mills/ Keldon
    Bogdonavic/ Carroll/ Ariza
    Aldridge/ Lyles/ Gay/ Samanic
    Poetl/ Aldridge/ Eubanks

Somewhat of a glut in forward spot though
    I agree, somewhat of a glut, but if we can lose Lyles and or Beli, then replacing them with Bjelica is an upgrade, plus in todays NBA you can't have too many big shooters.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will the Spurs trade their best players with a Western team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Kings could put the best package together that could actually allow the Spurs to salvage the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar on clearing his Instagram account: "I don’t even like social media, honestly. I’m not a big fan of social media, never been. To this day I always wish I had played in the 90s so I wouldn’t deal with social media. I just let people talk. Me, personally, I hate it."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good question. Also, will a western team trade with the Spurs to make them better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good question. Also, will a western team trade with the Spurs to make them better?
    It depends. If the other team gets a deal that’s completely lopsided against the spurs, then yes they’d do it.

i don’t think pop will trade with a western conference team though. I think it’s down to Orlando and Detroit as the only 2 reasonable options. There’s an outside shot of Boston doing the Hayward/Aldridge swap....just depends on if they think the can win a le without a post player or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can envision Thunder in on any deal and Gali is our target with a prospect. These are both big changes and trades.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=roayc2a

or

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=u5hodbz Which Spurs would have Lyles going to Thunder once he is eligible.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still going back and forward on trading DD, i feels like he fits in the team better Than LA. I would definitely consider the LA to Boston trade trade... Something similar but different, LA+ Forbes+ Weatherspoon/metu for Hayward and Williams.
    I doubt Boston would move Hayward, unless there tired of him being injured.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Boston Memphis pick if I don’t get that I pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm torn between LMA and DD, and who to keep. It makes more sense to trade DD because he does not fit our youth. But in saying that, if the Spurs were able to move LMA out in favour of combo forward with 3p range, then we would run and be fun, plus be good. But Pop without a go to post threat would probably be lost.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You keep DeMar it's Aldridge the Spurs should be shopping right now for a deal that improves this team.

I would trade Aldridge for CP3 sure. Would OKC do it?

DeMar on clearing his Instagram account: "I don’t even like social media, honestly. I’m not a big fan of social media, never been. To this day I always wish I had played in the 90s so I wouldn’t deal with social media. I just let people talk. Me, personally, I hate it."
    I think what social media has done to society is make everyone take themselves to seriously and cause everyone to be so sensitive to certain words/comments. I like the platform but I am not into it either personally, to creepy to let complete strangers know what I did today or ever, lol. Some people love the attention though, anyone can be a star thanks to the platform. Downside of it is Facebook, etc they get to spy on you for free and market stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SO STAY OFF IT, DUMMY!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep DeMar it's Aldridge the Spurs should be shopping right now for a deal that improves this team.

Thunder would jump and clap if they got that offer. And the Spurs balance would be even worse. Simply, it won't happen. It makes zero sense for the Spurs.
    I think what social media has done to society is make everyone take themselves to seriously and cause everyone to be so sensitive to certain words/comments. I like the platform but I am not into it either personally, to creepy to let complete strangers know what I did today or ever, lol. Some people love the attention though, anyone can be a star thanks to the platform. Downside of it is Facebook, etc they get to spy on you for free and market stuff.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sigh. You can't get CP3 without getting his contract. Have you even checked the numbers?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cp3 without the contract pls. Cp3 with contract - better include all those 1st found picks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lot's of interesting conversations in this forum, but the article is poorly written. First off, he misses basic facts the Spurs fully guaranteed LA's contract, among others. And is based on hypothetical scenarios, nothing new really just speculation.

To trade DeMar, we need draft pick and a young talent plus a filler; A. Gordon, Fournier and a 1st round pick and/or Mamba.

But really, LaMarcus is the one to go of the two, if you really care about defence. And here is why; the ball stops when LaMarcus has it, which allows the defence to set up and secure the rebound and/or force a turnover, and like Bertan's said, it's no secret that opposing teams looks to score on us on transition, grab the rebound and push the ball.

Say we swap him with someone like Kyle Anderson, they both have identical points per field gold attept as a Spurs 1.16 points per one field goal attempt. And grab rebounds at the same rate, and are comparable in regards to steals and blocked shots. Main difference is Kyle fouls less, has a more assists and commits fewer turnover than LaMarcus, and does not need to ball in his hand to be effective. So actually, I would consider a trade for Iggy and Kyle and unprotected first for LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But really, LaMarcus is the one to go of the two, if you really care about defence. And here is why; the ball stops when LaMarcus has it, which allows the defence to set up and secure the rebound and/or force a turnover, and like Bertan's said, it's no secret that opposing teams looks to score on us on transition, grab the rebound and push the ball.
    I have to disagree. Post game doesn't affect negatively transition defense, it's exactly the opposite. (*a 20ft shot is not a post up shot). Attacking the rim collapses the defense, shooters are in good position to start transition D and rebounds are short so no chance for long rebound fastbreaks. Posting up agressively provides a lot of FT opportunities and fouls in general, which also helps the team reducing damage in transition defense.

DeRozan is a driver, he mainly attacks the rim, shoots into the paint and he has a very similar impact to a post player in the offense, regarding transitio defense affectation.

On top of that, our team this year is much better going for the offensive rebound, with Liles and Murray as outstanding offensive rebounders. So I wouldn't say the team is having problems in transition D caused by the offense.

Continuing with the offense, turnovers are really costly in terms of points allowed. Generators tend to lose the ball, all of them. Aldridge and DeRozan aren't specially innefficient in that regard. Our PGs are losing too many balls and going one step further, they are not doing a good job in terms of call playing nor playmaking. How many times is the team is running the most appropiate play for that specific moment? Murray and White aren't leading the execution as expected from them and this leads to bad decissions and bad shots. Anyway, the real problem is their defense is very poor and they were supposed to sustain the team in that end with Aldridge and Poetl.

I don't know what's the value of DeRozan in the market but he's doing what he is expected to do meanwhile Murray and White aren't at all. And Spurs DESPERATEDLY need them playing as well as they're able. At least one of them!
    Last edited by Coach X; 11-29-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge to Portland for Nurkic + first rounder
    Derozan to Magic for Bamba + Fournier or Ross
    That would be music to my ears.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lot's of interesting conversations in this forum, but the article is poorly written. First off, he misses basic facts the Spurs fully guaranteed LA's contract, among others. And is based on hypothetical scenarios, nothing new really just speculation.

To trade DeMar, we need draft pick and a young talent plus a filler; A. Gordon, Fournier and a 1st round pick and/or Mamba.

Say we swap him with someone like Kyle Anderson, they both have identical points per field gold attept as a Spurs 1.16 points per one field goal attempt. And grab rebounds at the same rate, and are comparable in regards to steals and blocked shots. Main difference is Kyle fouls less, has a more assists and commits fewer turnover than LaMarcus, and does not need to ball in his hand to be effective. So actually, I would consider a trade for Iggy and Kyle and unprotected first for LA.
    what

the

fuk

Thread Information