Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becareful what you wish for. Myself and many other independents like me will go out in flocks to vote if Bernie wins the primaries.
    yeah, but there's not enough of this type. Case in point, it's grassroots and small caucus stuff. Bands of hippies, etc. Without big money, big establishment etc., there is no chance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why's it a waste reck? we know he and his father are crooks in their own words on video. guess because you're a staunch lefty you don't want those two re s really investigated.
    Because hunter Biden won't be in government? Even now they're bringing all this stuff about him like he's the one running.

Such a fail by republicans. Focusing on what the son did. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because hunter Biden won't be in government? Even now they're bringing all this stuff about him like he's the one running.

Such a fail by republicans. Focusing on what the son did. lol
    it's laughable you think this is all about hunter and not daddy joe who is explicitly on video discussing a QPQ with ukraine.

it's more about exposing the corruption of the past admin. no one gives a about a crack smoking, coke snorting, daddy's boy like hunter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just sentiment; it's reality. There is no other top candidate in Biden's mold. Really, Biden should scare us. Cos if the establishment can cover up his impending Alzheimer's just enough, then maybe he has the best shot. You think we're scared of the commie patrol?
    I think you and conservatives in general are indeed terrified of the Bernies or Warrens, yes. Not that you would do anything about it other than and complain. OP and this thread are actually a great example.

Truth be told, because we live in a Republic where Congress has an ample role (despite the current administration attempts to step over them), I doubt Bernie or Warren would be much more than lame ducks.

At the end of the day, there really hasn't been any 'radical' president in the past 40 years or so, tbh... that's also in part why this country is highly predictable, and that's normally good for the economy.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you and conservatives in general are indeed terrified of the Bernies or Warrens, yes. Not that you would do anything about it other than and complain. OP and this thread are actually a great example.

Truth be told, because we live in a Republic where Congress has an ample role (despite the current administration attempts to step over them), I doubt Bernie or Warren would be much more than lame ducks.

At the end of the day, there really hasn't been any 'radical' president in the past 40 years or so, tbh... that's also in part why this country is highly predictable, and that's normally good for the economy.
    Reagan was pretty ing radical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reagan was pretty ing radical.
    I said 40 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's laughable you think this is all about hunter and not daddy joe who is explicitly on video discussing a QPQ with ukraine.

it's more about exposing the corruption of the past admin. no one gives a about a crack smoking, coke snorting, daddy's boy like hunter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said 40 years
    Dude was inaugurated just under 40 years ago so his 8 year terms are well within your range bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's actually pretty funny...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude was inaugurated just under 40 years ago so his 8 year terms are well within your range bro.
    ok true, let's make that 30 years then.

Then again, I think you mean 'radical' by today's standards (mass amnesty, massive deficits, etc)... right?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We weep for your commies having any shot, but at the "terrified" rhetoric if your asserting it towards probabilities. 2020 election is in the bag for Trump, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We weep for your commies having any shot, but at the "terrified" rhetoric if your asserting it towards probabilities. 2020 election is in the bag for Trump, tbh.
    They're not 'my commies'... I never voted for a Democratic candidate ever, tbh, never been a fan of either Bernie or Warren.

And I do agree somebody like Biden has a better shot than either of them. But he's just as weak a candidate as Trump is. No surprise to see some more right-leaning Dems jumping into the fray this late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And by terrified, I don't mean possibilities. I mean the terror that lead to threads like these when somebody like Warren appears to rise in the polls. It isn't Reck or RG making these threads

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok true, let's make that 30 years then.

Then again, I think you mean 'radical' by today's standards (mass amnesty, massive deficits, etc)... right?
    I mean radical like stock buybacks are good, tax cuts pay for themselves, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean radical like stock buybacks are good, tax cuts pay for themselves, etc.
    Well, there's nothing radical about politicians lying and screwing the little guy. Been done waaaay before that.

What I would say was radical about him is that he actually raised taxes in his second term because his deficit couldn't take it anymore (he actually cared!).

Or things like the massive amnesty programs, which at the time apparently were to favor the Republican party.

He's probably the only president since that would need to run as a candidate of the opposite party (Dem) today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, there's nothing radical about politicians lying and screwing the little guy. Been done waaaay before that.

What I would say was radical about him is that he actually raised taxes in his second term because his deficit couldn't take it anymore (he actually cared!).

Or things like the massive amnesty programs, which at the time apparently were to favor the Republican party.

He's probably the only president since that would need to run as a candidate of the opposite party (Dem) today.
    so by default/extension does that make the Bushes Dems now too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nonsense, Reagan and his race baiting would be right at home in today's GOP. Reagan taking this nation back on its path to another Gilded Age absolutely was radical.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not 'my commies'... I never voted for a Democratic candidate ever, tbh, never been a fan of either Bernie or Warren.

And I do agree somebody like Biden has a better shot than either of them. But he's just as weak a candidate as Trump is. No surprise to see some more right-leaning Dems jumping into the fray this late.
    You keep saying Trump is a weak candidate even though there's nobody likely to beat him. That seems like a quite strong candidate to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so by default/extension does that make the Bushes Dems now too?
    How do you figure that? Can't really say anything noteworthy of Bush Sr, other that he did the right thing of going into Qatar and back out of that ME mess. His kid wasn't so bright. Nothing noteworthy is actually a plus, btw.

Dubya played the conservative book throughout, tbh... tax cuts, bailed out the banks, warmongering in the name of god... Medicare Part D is probably his most commie move, but even that one was totally unpaid for, in typical conservative fashion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nonsense, Reagan and his race baiting would be right at home in today's GOP. Reagan taking this nation back on its path to another Gilded Age absolutely was radical.
    He had the whole class warfare (welfare queens!) figured out, but his actions had nothing to do with his rhetoric.

How would a republican candidate today would sell his amnesty? That's a complete deal breaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep saying Trump is a weak candidate even though there's nobody likely to beat him. That seems like a quite strong candidate to me.
    If we compare historically, he's extremely weak (so was Shillary, BTW). Obviously, none of that matters vis a vis the current Dems field, which is also extremely weak. Thus the reason more people move into the fold.

Trump and the current majority of the Dem field are in the Kerry/Romney levels. Uninspiring, poor ideologues, unprincipled. Bernie (and only Bernie, not Warren) is probably the only one outside that mold, but he's in the Ron Paul wavelength: fans are loud, but there's not enough fans.

IMO, obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had the whole class warfare (welfare queens!) figured out, but his actions had nothing to do with his rhetoric.

How would a republican candidate today would sell his amnesty? That's a complete deal breaker.
    maybe to win 50 percent of the ever growing Latino vote?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you figure that? Can't really say anything noteworthy of Bush Sr, other that he did the right thing of going into Qatar and back out of that ME mess. His kid wasn't so bright. Nothing noteworthy is actually a plus, btw.

Dubya played the conservative book throughout, tbh... tax cuts, bailed out the banks, warmongering in the name of god... Medicare Part D is probably his most commie move, but even that one was totally unpaid for, in typical conservative fashion.
    Bush Sr. did the wrong thing by poking the Saddam Hussein wasp nest. And then lied about raising taxes. Should have stayed out of the middle east altogether to begin with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe to win 50 percent of the ever growing Latino vote?
    That would be politically savvy for a party that didn't chase them down, split their families and call them rapists and criminals. In other words, with the current rampant xenophobia, it's impossible for a GOP candidate to sell amnesty.

Why don't you ask your conservative peers here what they think about that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bush Sr. did the wrong thing by poking the Saddam Hussein wasp nest. And then lied about raising taxes. Should have stayed out of the middle east altogether to begin with.
    He did the right thing. That's what projecting power means: you go in, take care of business and get the out. You don't make the same mistake Russia did in Afghanistan, which was followed by his kid doing the same thing.

Thread Information