Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is humiliating
    Pop deserves this.

Whatever weird internal player pecking order bull he has going on is blowing up in his face. Why the is Belinelli still getting minutes? Why is Forbes still starting?

Play your best players and give yourself a chance.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope the debacle from the East midtable team will finally force Pop and the FO to understand that the roster is completely uncompe ive and they have to blow this team up

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did ya'll hear Matt's company talk just now? "We all know what the Spurs are capable of, they just didn't show it tonight"

Doesn't that just make it worse? If they could be better, but aren't?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Demar isnt a tremendous 3 point shooter" no dan wiess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why does Pop keeps calling timeouts? smh
    Lonnie was making him look bad. He was trying to throw off Walkers rhythm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston will drop 200 on us

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar's a cancer. He ranks at the bottom of every On-Off chart. Every team he's ever been a part of was better when he was off the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #TradeOrTank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston will drop 200 on us
    Harden alone might drop 80 on Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden alone might drop 80 on Forbes.
    Pop might save Forbes and let Harden drop 45 on Lonnie so he can say, “see, Walker is not ready!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, this is getting ugly. When a coach loses it, it seems to happen very quickly. I remember when Chuck Daly got fired, Pop seems in a similar position as a coach that is out of his element.
    Team dinners and military-style regimens aren't going to turn this around. Sad and ugly to see it.
    The trade deadline could be an active one for the Spurs for a change. Probably not, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets just pray spurs dont stand pat this season and actually do something to help spark the team via trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, this is getting ugly. When a coach loses it, it seems to happen very quickly. I remember when Chuck Daly got fired, Pop seems in a similar position as a coach that is out of his element.
    Team dinners and military-style regimens aren't going to turn this around. Sad and ugly to see it.
    The trade deadline could be an active one for the Spurs for a change. Probably not, though.
    should be active but likely won’t. The FO has to know that if the trade deadline comes and goes with no moves then fan support likely all but disappears. It could get very ugly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, if the goal was to tank, why did PATFO trade Kawhi for win now type players instead of something like a rebuilding type deal(Clippers trade for instance). Selfish thinking on Pop's part which ended up blowing up in his face cause he's gonna be in the lottery anyway...just with worse assets.
    Yea i think pop felt for whatever reason derozan would atleast stay in sa and be coachable unlike kawhi but it was definitely the wrong player to replace your franchise guy with. Doesnt seem poodle and kj are gonna move the needle much either

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop might save Forbes and let Harden drop 45 on Lonnie so he can say, “see, Walker is not ready!”

Sadly, it could happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing this shows us is how bad we are without LMA and how we will become the worst team in the league without DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing this shows us is how bad we are without LMA and how we will become the worst team in the league without DDR.
    They both ing suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally, you trade Demar for something(even if it's just a bag of potato chips) before he leaves for free in the off-season. ...
    Nope, gimme that cap space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally, you trade Demar for something(even if it's just a bag of potato chips) before he leaves for free in the off-season.

Also, if the goal was to tank, why did PATFO trade Kawhi for win now type players instead of something like a rebuilding type deal(Clippers trade for instance). Selfish thinking on Pop's part which ended up blowing up in his face cause he's gonna be in the lottery anyway...just with worse assets.
    Said it for while that Pop should have traded #2 to the Hornets for Kemba. Even if Kemba walked it would have been a win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker can score at the same rate as DDR, and defend better. So we already have that covered.

But without LMA we just don't have enough heft inside. We'd need another big who could go against Jokic and KAT and their kind. Even if Poeltl could do it he can't play 48 min, and neither Eubanks or Metu is the answer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about #Trade&Tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about #Trade&Tank
    Perfect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker can score at the same rate as DDR, and defend better. So we already have that covered.

But without LMA we just don't have enough heft inside. We'd need another big who could go against Jokic and KAT and their kind. Even if Poeltl could do it he can't play 48 min, and neither Eubanks or Metu is the answer.
    They could have spent their MLE on Milutinov instead of starting the summer by allocating it Carroll before the Bertans shenanigans

Milutinov is everything that Spurs fans wish Poeltl would deliver. He's an incredible rebounder with tough box outs and strength. His rebound% would be like 2nd in the NBA. He's a GREAT roll man with great hands who finishes strong. He crushes on picks and rolls hard and with purpose and is so damn long he can go and get passes for the finish. He's an elite offensive rebounder, would again be one of he beat in the NBA. And he can take and make 2 point jumpers, he can give more space than Poeltl.

Poeltl might be better on blocks, can't deny that. Probably moves a little better on the perimeter but Milutinov can compete. But the Spurs don't have a real rolling big. Seems like every damn team in the league has a guy who can be an automatic target for guards to get assists except the Spurs. Poeltl doesn't roll hard and has such suspect hands that even when does roll with purpose he struggles to go and get it.

Murray and White would look better and have easier times with a vertical spacing rolling big, but the front office doesn't seem to want one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I can stomach watching Forbes play and getting overmatched anymore while playing big minutes while real NBA talent sits on the bench watching a scrub play and I'm sure they can't either

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have spent their MLE on Milutinov instead of starting the summer by allocating it Carroll before the Bertans shenanigans

Milutinov is everything that Spurs fans wish Poeltl would deliver. He's an incredible rebounder with tough box outs and strength. His rebound% would be like 2nd in the NBA. He's a GREAT roll man with great hands who finishes strong. He crushes on picks and rolls hard and with purpose and is so damn long he can go and get passes for the finish. He's an elite offensive rebounder, would again be one of he beat in the NBA. And he can take and make 2 point jumpers, he can give more space than Poeltl.

Poeltl might be better on blocks, can't deny that. Probably moves a little better on the perimeter but Milutinov can compete. But the Spurs don't have a real rolling big. Seems like every damn team in the league has a guy who can be an automatic target for guards to get assists except the Spurs. Poeltl doesn't roll hard and has such suspect hands that even when does roll with purpose he struggles to go and get it.

Murray and White would look better and have easier times with a vertical spacing rolling big, but the front office doesn't seem to want one.
    Poeltl reminds me of mishmash of Tiago and Jeff Ayres. He's got certain traits that remind you of Splitter but he's also got some of that Ayres clumsiness too. Overall, a really really disappointing player.

And yeah, I also wanted the team to bring over Milutinov. The offseason moves and overall roster construction this front office made are astoundingly bad. They don't have a single credible big man besides LMA who's 35. They have no small forwards and a glut of undersized guards that are one-dimensional. It's just a nightmare of a roster that can't play defense or generate enough offense to keep up with the rest of the NBA. Going seven games against a rookie Nuggets team must have convinced Pop and his group of sycophants that the inclusion of Murray would be enough. Like who the stands pat after overachieving to finish 7th seed? All the teams above them got better while the Spurs did nothing but waste the MLE on a guy they don't even bother to play.
    Last edited by Kurgan; 12-01-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Thread Information