Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So does anyone know if wright actually played in basketball at a higher level say college or over seas ?Did the guy do anyhing meaningful in det or orl in his previous stops!?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should have taken Siakam instead of DeMar and I’m not bashing DeMar.
    Or maybe they should have traded for Giannis instead?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should have taken Siakem instead of DeMar
    Siakam was not available.

You guys do understand that the salaries had to match on both sides of the trade? Kawhi was due around $18M that year, and Siakam was due about $1.5M. How would the Raptors have balanced out the other $16.5M to make that trade work?

The word was that the Raptors FO people were amazed that the Spurs didn't demand Siakam in the deal for Kawhi, but about the only way that could have happened is in addition to DDR - just because DeRozan had the big chunk of salary.
    Now if the Spurs had traded Kawhi, Beli, and Forbes for DDR and Siakam THAT would have been some fancy GM work.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First mistake was trying to get in the playoffs during nephews last year, and not trying to get into the lottery for what was an obviously dysfunctional season going nowhere.

Second problem, which is the biggest problem that still haunts the team today, is not going for an obvious rebuild after nephew bailed and we had to make a trade.

And so by not taking the best offers from either the Lakers or the Clippers, or at least pressing for the best option possible which Sam Presti obviously did in trading Paul George, we are where we are now.

Everything since then are smaller issues culminating from a larger awful decision-making process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First mistake was trying to get in the playoffs during nephews last year, and not trying to get into the lottery for what was an obviously dysfunctional season going nowhere.

Second problem, which is the biggest problem that still haunts the team today, is not going for an obvious rebuild after nephew bailed and we had to make a trade.

And so by not taking the best offers from either the Lakers or the Clippers, or at least pressing for the best option possible which Sam Presti obviously did in trading Paul George, we are where we are now.

Everything since then are smaller issues culminating from a larger awful decision-making process.

This is something that's bugs me. The Kawhi trade was obviously one where Kawhi was undervalued due to his "injury" and lack of honesty. After playing a whole year and winning a championship his value was obviously higher. The trade for Paul George, was a trade for kawhi Leonard. All that the clippers gave out could have been the Spurs if nephew were healthy. The clippers wouldn't send all those picks and talent for only Paul George. Paul George was mandatory to get Lenard for the clippers

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is something that's bugs me. The Kawhi trade was obviously one where Kawhi was undervalued due to his "injury" and lack of honesty. After playing a whole year and winning a championship his value was obviously higher. The trade for Paul George, was a trade for kawhi Leonard. All that the clippers gave out could have been the Spurs if nephew were healthy. The clippers wouldn't send all those picks and talent for only Paul George. Paul George was mandatory to get Lenard for the clippers
    I agree that Leonards value was lower at that point, but the Lakers, for example, were dying to make a trade for him and I think the team would be a lot better off right now if they had taken what the Lakers we’re obviously going to offer. I hate the Lakers, but pride and stubbornness really screw our options. The Lakers are an idiotic organization and would have been taken easily. Magic Johnson was trying to make a deal. He’s a gullible moron, though legendary player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's doubtful that being on the injury report will help the trade value of a player 34 years old.
    Admittedly, I'm grasping at straws.... that's about all we Spurs fans have at the moment..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, we do. R. C. Buford was the GM up until last July 23rd. Everything the GM did before that date was done by R. C.

Sorry if I'm confusing this fascinatingly inane/insane discussion by mentioning facts......
    No. There’s already proof Wright was involved already

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason for optimism until these senile idiots no longer have control or influence on personnel matters, save for the league either handing or the Spurs organically stumbling into another franchise player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, we do. R. C. Buford was the GM up until last July 23rd. Everything the GM did before that date was done by R. C.

Sorry if I'm confusing this fascinatingly inane/insane discussion by mentioning facts......

Sigh.

https://torontosun.com/sports/basket...-kawhi-leonard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Pop really blow it up before the deadline if the team continues to lose?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course...Pop won't be here forever...Hopefully he won't be here past this season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Some of that is right, but some isn't. The main reason why Autist's value was lower was that he was a 1-year rental. He and Uncle had made it plain that he only wanted to play for a couple of teams. Anyone else was facing the certainty of him leaving after one year. Maybe Toronto convinced themselves that he wouldn't leave if they won a 'ship, but that's beside the point. Pretty much everyone knew that he was Cali bound after his contract expired. And the Lakers didn't think they had to bargain aggressively for him, because they thought he was coming there for free. (Don't believe me - Autist specifically asked Magic if the Lakers had tried to get him in their interview. Straight from Magic.)

Also, Autist made it clear that he would only agree to go to the Clips if they also signed Paul George. And they were only able to pry George away from OKC because they got Autist as a free agent. If they had given up all those assets for Autist, they wouldn't have been able to get George, and Autist might not have stayed. So no, it wasn't a trade for Autist. It was a trade that met Autist's conditions for signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sealed his own fate with that deal tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys do understand that the salaries had to match on both sides of the trade? ...
    Gosh, you're a dumbass. This isn't about the whole trade, dumbass, it's about Siakam, dumbass.

... word was that the Raptors FO people were amazed that the Spurs didn't demand Siakam in the deal for Kawhi...
    That is not the word, dumbass. The word is that if the Raptors were giving up DDR they were never going to include their best young talent as well, dumbass. Masai would never go for that. Dumbass.

Siakam was never available. Which is what I already wrote, dumbass.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Le6VM6krAIC0Ei

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calm down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. There’s already proof Wright was involved already
    No, there is not any proof that he was involved. There is proof that he worked in the office, and somebody mentioned he was allowed to answer the phone sometimes. R. C. Was the GM, spunky, and that is a fact. But I know you little girls are all intent on having a hissy fit with no facts standing in your way, so go ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hadn’t read that before. Basically the story of two “pals” - one who likes to pitch and one who likes to catch. And the Spurs are the fortunate team who employs the one who likes to catch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason for optimism until these senile idiots no longer have control or influence on personnel matters, save for the league either handing or the Spurs organically stumbling into another franchise player.
    So they stumbled on Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and Leonard. That's some pretty impressive stumbling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hadn’t read that before. Basically the story of two “pals” - one who likes to pitch and one who likes to catch. And the Spurs are the fortunate team who employs the one who likes to catch.
    You got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gosh, you're a dumbass. This isn't about the whole trade, dumbass, it's about Siakam, dumbass. Blah, blah, blah.

LOL. So in other words, you didn't know about the salary matching. I'm surprised Jesus Gomez didn't write an article about that for you.

They didn't warn you all the estrogen would with your emotions before you started your transition, did they?
    Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 12-02-2019 at 07:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So what are you trying to say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL. So in other words, you didn't know about the salary matching. ...
    Of course I know about salary matching, little girl, but the subject was Siakam. Who was not available.

They didn't warn you all the estrogen would with your emotions before you started your transition, did they?
    I don't know much about estrogen, but I'll take your word for it.

Did they warn you that turning into a swan would make you a birdbrain?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The word was that the Raptors FO people were amazed that the Spurs didn't demand Siakam in the deal
    Can you expound upon what "the word" is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good article. Reading this quote is awful:

"The Boston Celtics were pushing hard for Leonard. They were offering mostly draft picks. The west coast teams, the Lakers and Clippers, were actively involved. The New York Knicks made a pitch. Other teams did, too."

It was a bad trade at the time, but god does it look terrible in hindsight. Imagine where the Spurs would be if they had taken some of the Celtics' picks from their Nets haul, traded LMA close to his prime for more picks, and committed to a rebuild? Instead we turned Kawhi into non-valuable assets and wasted our other star asset. Sad.

Thread Information