Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw him coaching the US Team when they played in Australia and then onto the FIBA World Cup and it was pretty obvious to me that his communication with the players was challenged to say the least and that he could not transfer his BB idea / game plans for execution across to the court. Everyone looked so confused with his over coaching / micro - management. It was embarrassing to observe. This is no personal criticism but rather a reflection on the fact that the times have moved on an it requires a different coaching profile these day to guide millennials. This is why I think he gravitates towards older players. It is also obvious to me that he brought TD to the fold to operate as a foil with a team that is not responding to him. He always "joked" about him becoming obsolete when Tim Duncan retired and that it would have been the end of the journey for him. As we know, his jokes of late and the latter in particular have transition from somewhat funny to ironically premonitory to a sad reflection of the character at present state.
    Damn man. This is the mother of all current Pop coaching takes. Good job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/gregg-popo...-home-stretch/

The gist: could be his final season, Hammon and Duncan are the likely candidates to replace him, and what would change once Pop is no longer the coach.
    Good job OP. Good read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean Elliott or Manu would be my choices

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs don't have promising talent on this roster.. WTF.. who wrote this? Also mentioned Dejounte in that sentence... bro, someone drinks way too much kool aid around here... no balls.
    Comment aged like milk tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good job OP. Good read.
    Appreciate it.

Thread Information