Garrett:
    83-65 record (.561)
    2-3 playoff record
    No conference championship appearances

Garrett still the Cowboys coach

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    carried by Cam for years and loses his job the first season he can't rely on him

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Lots of other coaches deserved to get fired before him.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    If the Panthers had a real franchise QB, they would have won at least one ring in this era and Rivera wouldn't have been fired.

Instead...

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    This move is 50/50 for me. I know that there were complaints that his offense had become archaic but you've got Cam Newton, who's essentially the "Dwight Howard" of quarterbacks meaning we all knew he was going to sharply decline around age 30 due to his overreliance on athleticism and lack of maturity to adjust. Now you've got an undrafted free agent QB who's surprisingly overperformed. 5-7 seems about right for this team, maybe even better than expected.

You always have freeloaders like The Bot and Marvin Lewis who overstay their welcome by years for some reason, but I don't see the point in firing Rivera now unless they want to go in a completely different direction and know exactly who it is they need to hire

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    This move is 50/50 for me. I know that there were complaints that his offense had become archaic but you've got Cam Newton, who's essentially the "Dwight Howard" of quarterbacks meaning we all knew he was going to sharply decline around age 30 due to his overreliance on athleticism and lack of maturity to adjust. Now you've got an undrafted free agent QB who's surprisingly overperformed. 5-7 seems about right for this team, maybe even better than expected.

You always have freeloaders like The Bot and Marvin Lewis who overstay their welcome by years for some reason, but I don't see the point in firing Rivera now unless they want to go in a completely different direction and know exactly who it is they need to hire

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Rivera:
    76-63-1 record (.547)
    3-4 playoff record
    Super Bowl Appearance

Rivera fired

Garrett:
    83-65 record (.561)
    2-3 playoff record
    No conference championship appearances

Garrett still the Cowboys coach
    The reason The Bot has stuck around for so long is a combination of well-timed injuries, luck, and pulling a decent season out of his ass right when he needs to. Rivera peaking by getting to the Superbowl a few years ago hurt him since it was a longer fall down

2011-2012 - the first two "8-8" years, too early to let him go at that point. Had some hilarious collapses during this timeframe (i.e. icing his own kicker) but he needed time to "learn"

2013 - the last 8-8 year. Had some epic collapses during this season and I think he for sure would've been gone if not for the historically bad defense (they would just fire Kiffin after the season) and Romo being hurt during the week 17 game for the division le gave him an out

2014 - 12-4 season, first case of him pulling one of out his ass when he needs it

2015 - 4-12 season, but Romo's injured not his fault

2016 - lucked the out with how Zeke/Prescott turned out, 13-3 season and first round exit

2017 - pressure was on to get to the NFCCG but regressed big time since Zeke/Tyron Smith were injured not his fault

2018 - Bot was finally in the crosshairs but at 3-5, they went on a run after acquiring Cooper and the rest of the division completely collapsing. Get embarrassed by the Rams in the divisional round

2019 - more mediocrity as usual, but so far no key injuries to bail him out this time. and here we are

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I don't see the point in firing Rivera now unless they want to go in a completely different direction and know exactly who it is they need to hire
    The timing coincides with the end of the College Football regular season, which is coach hunting season. They could be targeting someone from the College ranks. And yeah I think they are going full rebuild. Cut ties with Cam, try and trade Luke Kuechly for young pieces and draft picks while he still has high value (he'll be 29 next season). , you might even put McCaffery on the block while his stock is through the roof.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The reason The Bot has stuck around for so long is a combination of well-timed injuries, luck, and pulling a decent season out of his ass right when he needs to. Rivera peaking by getting to the Superbowl a few years ago hurt him since it was a longer fall down

2011-2012 - the first two "8-8" years, too early to let him go at that point. Had some hilarious collapses during this timeframe (i.e. icing his own kicker) but he needed time to "learn"

2013 - the last 8-8 year. Had some epic collapses during this season and I think he for sure would've been gone if not for the historically bad defense (they would just fire Kiffin after the season) and Romo being hurt during the week 17 game for the division le gave him an out

2014 - 12-4 season, first case of him pulling one of out his ass when he needs it

2015 - 4-12 season, but Romo's injured not his fault

2016 - lucked the out with how Zeke/Prescott turned out, 13-3 season and first round exit

2017 - pressure was on to get to the NFCCG but regressed big time since Zeke/Tyron Smith were injured not his fault

2018 - Bot was finally in the crosshairs but at 3-5, they went on a run after acquiring Cooper and the rest of the division completely collapsing. Get embarrassed by the Rams in the divisional round

2019 - more mediocrity as usual, but so far no key injuries to bail him out this time. and here we are
    Exactly.

you can't give the coach an out because the weakest link on your starting oline, and your ty slot corner went out for the season.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Your next Cowboys coach tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Should've been Mike Zimmer, tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count