Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if this will turn the season around, but if it does that long 3 that Lonnie nailed at the end of regulation should get replayed for years. That was fearless.
    Wow... Just... Wow... We have now become the bad teams we used to laugh at... We would criticize their fans for celebrating like they won something after beating us... Now look at us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks, anybody? The real question is not whether we are good or bad, but why did we play with real intensity against the Clips and the Rockettes and look like an over-50 team at the YMCA the rest of the season so far?
    Because that's what bad teams do! We used to play against teams that treated the game like a playoff game... When we lost to them it was like whatever... But to them it was everything... Then they went back to sucking vs everyone else

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks, anybody? The real question is not whether we are good or bad, but why did we play with real intensity against the Clips and the Rockettes and look like an over-50 team at the YMCA the rest of the season so far?
    Maybe because they're mediocre team that has one of worst defenses in league, but also have the ability to go off every now and then when their offense isn't chained to DeRozan and Aldridge. And yeah, sometimes you catch a good team at the wrong time, like duncan2k5 says.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As good as lw4 was lets not forget poodle fckn power

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team has the ingredients to be a decent team. The problem is Pops lineups. Its ing criminal we don't get to see Lonnie, White, and Murray play together. The defense would be outstanding.

Pop came up on defensive first lineups, and now he can't divorce himself from Forbes. Its incredible.
    You can’t blame Forbes in this game, he’s been incredible !

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow... Just... Wow... We have now become the bad teams we used to laugh at... We would criticize their fans for celebrating like they won something after beating us... Now look at us
    Do you remember the 3 that Tim drilled in Phoenix, and what that meant? All I said was that Lonnie came down with purpose and drilled that shot. I haven't seen anyone else on this roster doing that. And games like this can turn around a season. Which part of that do you not like?

Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 12-04-2019 at 03:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best part of this win, after Walker breaking out, is James Harden getting his shut down. I don't care that he scored 50 - half those were food stamps, and we all know Harden is a got who lives at the charity stripe. But we finally figured out how to guard this piece of .

Getting his rejected by an Austrian time and time again
    Missing that wide open dunk
    Failing to score on the last play of 4Q, OT, and OT2
    Every crucial play is an offensive foul
    Murray literally defending Harden with his back turned and walking away from him on the last play, because that's literally the best way to defend this got

I didn't see this before I posted. Westchimp had a triple double tonight. And lost. Makes it just that much sweeter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you remember the 3 that Tim drilled in Phoenix, and what that meant? All I said was that Lonnie came down with purpose and drilled that shot. I haven't seen anyone else on this roster doing that. And games like this can turn around a season. Which part of that do you not like?

Me liking the game doesn't mean I now think we will become this powerhouse... We are still a bad team that needs to trade LMA and DDR to have any hope of a decent future... Simply making the playoffs doesn't make u a good team... It makes u the Timberwolves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, and D'antoni

As bad as Pop is, Mike will always be his

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Lonnie compete or what? Never turned down defense on Harden once. With such a game one gets rewarded for still watching the otherwise ty Spurs play. Hopefully a lot of playing time for Lonnie is to come ... I like him and Murray off the bench together.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn, even the nets are rigged in Fat Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, even the nets are rigged in Fat Antonio

r/NBA incels are crying for there to be a replay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me liking the game doesn't mean I now think we will become this powerhouse... We are still a bad team that needs to trade LMA and DDR to have any hope of a decent future... Simply making the playoffs doesn't make u a good team... It makes u the Timberwolves

I said that IF it turns the season around and they get into the playoffs. And from that, you get "powerhouse"? Stop going out of your way to be an asshole. That was a big shot by Lonnie. And he wasn't just chucking - he knew exactly what it took to win that game, and he took it on himself to do it. Don't turn it into some commentary on the other weak sucks that got the team to the 7-14 record.

No, squeaking into the playoffs isn't good enough. But after this start, it would be a of a turnaround. At least Lonnie isn't laying down.
    Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 12-04-2019 at 10:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to keep the streak alive, tbh. I don't care if we get swept in the first round, this is the record breaking season.

It is not that hard either, really. 7th and 8th seed will probably make it with records of around .500. Make some moves. Get a 3&D guy and/or a stretch 4. Lose some of the deadweight. Knock some sense into Pop's head and pound that rock.
    Exactly, that’s all we’re playing for this season tbh.

Robble robble your title? TheSpurglar's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said that IF it turns the season around and they get into the playoffs. And from that, you get "powerhouse"? Stop going out of your way to be an asshole. That was a big shot by Lonnie. And he wasn't just chucking - he knew exactly what it took to win that game, and he took it on himself to do it. Don't turn it into some commentary on the other weak sucks that got the team to the 7-14 record.

No, squeaking into the playoffs isn't good enough. But after this start, it would be a of a turnaround. At least Lonnie isn't laying down.
    Interestingly, I think Pop has a similar mindset to both of you. I think Pop sees players like DeRozan and Aldridge as set in their ways, talented to be sure, but unable to call on the same stuff players Pop has coached in the past were able to, and so Pop is trying to steer players like Murray, White and Walker away from that and more toward what the Big 3 (and Leonard) ultimately became.

How much of that Pop was ultimately responsible for is arguable, but what isn't is that Duncan, Parker, Ginobili and Leonard were open to being coached in that manner and improved to some extent as a result. If Murray, White and Walker are as well, once the team is in their hands I think the Spurs will be in much better shape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, and D'antoni

As bad as Pop is, Mike will always be his
    I love Pop's domination of D'antoni. Mike's useless desperate ing at midcourt after the 2017 series always brings joy to my heart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leaves a bench of Mills, Forbes, Beli/Lonnie, Gay, and whoever the else you want to throw out there.

We know Patty, Bryn, and Marco ain't bringing any defense. Lonnie is athletic but still prone to mistakes. Carroll still doesn't seem to know what the to do out there. Eubanks and Metu are glorified GLeague players.

Lyles is actually the best defender of those leftovers, and that's saying something.

The problem isn't that Pop doesn't want to start the best defense...the problem is he has no defense behind them.
    stop ing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Digging through my history to call me out on a take from a week ago?

And you wonder why nobody likes you.

You are trying too hard.

Thread Information